Thread: Siu Yuen San

Default Siu Yuen San

How powerful was Qiu Fung's father before he jumped down the cliff? He was able to wipe out a lot of fighters single handedly including Hui Juk's father and Qiu Fung's master.

SYS after = 1.5 QF or more, before, maybe 1 QF

TommyH
    Unregistered

This has always made me curious. XYS was able to wipe out a lot of Wulin elites single-handedly. Among these Wulin elites include: Shaolin Head Abbot and Begger Sect Leader. So obviously their martial arts aren't low. So my question is: where did XYS obtain his martial arts?

hm.... I though it was agreed that XYS was = XF.
    Well, what I do know.
    XF is > in palm area.
    XYS is > in weaponary area(proven during JY Manor).
    XYS is > in experience.
    XF ~ XYS in fighting spirit.
    XF > in fighting age.
    XYS> in "other" areas of martial arts (like fist, feet, finger, etc).
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    This has always made me curious. XYS was able to wipe out a lot of Wulin elites single-handedly. Among these Wulin elites include: Shaolin Head Abbot and Begger Sect Leader. So obviously their martial arts aren't low. So my question is: where did XYS obtain his martial arts?
    Xiao Yuanshan was a gifted genius just like his son. There's not much information about his martial arts background, which is why I put him in the MYSTERIOUS PERSONALITIES survivor game, because it is mind-boggling to think about his accomplishments.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    XYS's shifu was of Han origins, thats why after he killed so many people to avenge his wife's death, he remembered he had promised his shifu not to harm any Han people, so let the Shaolin Head Abbot and Beggar Association Chief live, although many people died already from his hands.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    XYS's shifu was of Han origins, thats why after he killed so many people to avenge his wife's death, he remembered he had promised his shifu not to harm any Han people, so let the Shaolin Head Abbot and Beggar Association Chief live, although many people died already from his hands.
    Were there any hints as to who his master was?

Quote Originally Posted by wang23
    Were there any hints as to who his master was?
    It was all written in stone in Khitan language,which he left behind before the jump down the cliff with his dead wife. I don't recall who the master was. Anyone else?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    It was all written in stone in Khitan language,which he left behind before the jump down the cliff with his dead wife. I don't recall who the master was. Anyone else?
    No, there was no hint as to his Master's name. I think JY intended for it to be that with some 'normal' skills, XYS like his son could take it to a higher level and kick major butt.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Did XYS actually fight when we meet him at his son's time? Why do we know he is ~= to XF?
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

Well, XYS did slap XF. Then he tried to slap XF again but XF was able to stop him. This is pretty impressive, considering XF was seriously injured, but on the other hand it's not like XYS was going all out or anything.

I believe the idea that XYS ~= XF is through a chain of presumed equality relationships which are assumed to be transitive. Oh wait, that's only when JMZ is brought into the equation. The idea that XF ~= XYS comes from when XF was chasing XYS and they stayed the same distance apart, showing their lightness ability was equal. There might also be another incident involving palm exchanges with JMZ or MRB but I don't remember.

well yes. JMZ and XYS exchanged palm strikes matching equally with each other. Then there is XYS fighting several times with MRB, not being able to decide who is the winner. Then there is XF and MRB bowing, not being moved at all by the internal transmitted by each other. And of course there is that sprint race between XYS and XF. Those all most likely show that those 4 fighters are around each other's level.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    well yes. JMZ and XYS exchanged palm strikes matching equally with each other. Then there is XYS fighting several times with MRB, not being able to decide who is the winner. Then there is XF and MRB bowing, not being moved at all by the internal transmitted by each other. And of course there is that sprint race between XYS and XF. Those all most likely show that those 4 fighters are around each other's level.
    And also the LDA palm threw by XF on MRB. And when MRB, XF and XYS all sprinted away at equal speed away from the gathering, leaving MRF trailing in the wake.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

XF kinda had the advantage on MRB with that LDA palm, though. On the other hand, MRB only tried to block, he didn't do a counter LDA which he might have chosen once it becomes clear a fight is to occur.

Quote Originally Posted by K2Grey
    XF kinda had the advantage on MRB with that LDA palm, though. On the other hand, MRB only tried to block, he didn't do a counter LDA which he might have chosen once it becomes clear a fight is to occur.
    However, we also have to keep in mind that XF specializes in palm energy, so it's kind of forgiveable for MRB. Do you honestly think XF can beat MRB in finger technique? Do you think XF can beat XYS in weaponary (based on that JY Manor quote)? I don't think so. So it also has to do partially with what each other specializes in.