Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wuxia vs. WIND/CLOUD vs. DBZ (split from Sweeper Monk vs. Yang Guo thread)

Default Wuxia vs. WIND/CLOUD vs. DBZ (split from Sweeper Monk vs. Yang Guo thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Bai Qi44
    Yeah, there were a few. But, IMHO any DBZ lackey could whoop all of the wuxia universe.
    not true... If you have read the wind and cloud series (comic), you will find many people who could waste most or all DBZ people.
    爱是最最奇幻的魔术
    让人都要对它趋之若鹜
    这场魔术都是要结束
    真爱是箭在弦上不认输

Quote Originally Posted by dracnom
    not true... If you have read the wind and cloud series (comic), you will find many people who could waste most or all DBZ people.
    I didn't follow much after Lord Conqueror, but were there really such powerful characters? I mean in DBZ you have guys that can blow up whole planets easily.

I seriously doubt that unless guys in Wind and Cloud could blow up planets and moons. You know how much energy or force it would take to blow up a moon? All the nukes on the planet wouldn't make a dent to the moon. Piccolo at 1400 fighting level blew up the moon easily. At the end of DBZ, Picolo would be at least in the 10's of millions in terms of fighting level. Oh yeah, Master Roeshi also blew up the moon in Dragonball when he was like at around only a few hundred fighting level.

Even Freiza's lackeys could take bullets and bombs to their bodies and wouldn't feel a thing. I've never read Wind and Cloud comics, but I've seen the movie and the tv series and seriously, it's not even close.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

but how long did DBZ characters need to charge up their energy to actually create enough to destroy the planet???
    爱是最最奇幻的魔术
    让人都要对它趋之若鹜
    这场魔术都是要结束
    真爱是箭在弦上不认输

Quote Originally Posted by wang23
    I didn't follow much after Lord Conqueror, but were there really such powerful characters? I mean in DBZ you have guys that can blow up whole planets easily.
    Not to mention move fast enough to become invisible to the naked eye. Become bullet proof. Has LDAs as far as the eye can see, and sometimes all they way to the Sun.
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

Yeah, but he's got an unbreakable force field of energy. YG wouldn't be able to move his sword if Sweeps lets out the force field. The only reason XF was able to hit Sweeps is caused Sweeps wanted XF to hit him so he could test out XF's 18 palms.
    But how do you know Sweeps just wanted to test out XF's XL18Z???
    爱是最最奇幻的魔术
    让人都要对它趋之若鹜
    这场魔术都是要结束
    真爱是箭在弦上不认输

but how long did DBZ characters need to charge up their energy to actually create enough to destroy the planet???
    By the end of DBZ... None. Just lift of a hand, and that'll do.
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

so unrealistic... thats probably why DBZ got out of fashion, everyone was super powerful and no one could defeat them...
    爱是最最奇幻的魔术
    让人都要对它趋之若鹜
    这场魔术都是要结束
    真爱是箭在弦上不认输

so unrealistic... thats probably why DBZ got out of fashion, everyone was super powerful and no one could defeat them...
    Their enemies were capable of doing so as well. I think final calculation was that Goku's energy is equal to 2-3 quasars stacked up to one another. The weakest of Dragon Ball Warriors (the human fighters) can generate power equal to a comet or so.

Well, the level of power in DBZ doesn't really affect realism. Being able to blow up the Sun with a Kamehameha isn't that much different from being able to blow up the moon, in terms of realism.

Of course the power inflation is pretty amazing :P

Quote Originally Posted by K2Grey
    Well, the level of power in DBZ doesn't really affect realism. Being able to blow up the Sun with a Kamehameha isn't that much different from being able to blow up the moon, in terms of realism.

Of course the power inflation is pretty amazing :P
    In the DBZ (Anime) world, the Sun is indestructible and represents the ultimate power in the Solar System. (though it was unable to destroy Brolly)

In DBZ(Manga) Piccolo destroyed the Moon from Earth with a seemingly casual qi blast when he saw Gohan become King Kong.

Well, you're talking about when they want to max out their powers. They only need to charge up if they want to max out their powers. When Piccolo destroyed the moon, he didn't need to charge up at all. When Freiza destroyed planet Vegeta, he just sat there and pointed a little energy ball that became super large in a milisecond. So no, none of the DBZ characters needed to charge up in order to destroy moons or planets. They only charge up when they want to max their powers and that takes a hell of a long time. Btw, quite a few DBZ fighters got bullets and bombs to their bodies and they didn't even feel a damn thing.

Like someone else mentioned, DBZ fighters could move fast enough that you can't even see them with the naked eye. I think you're seriously underrating the DBZ universe if you think Wind and Cloud fighters are even on par as the very low class DBZ fighters.

But how do you know Sweeps just wanted to test out XF's XL18Z???
    Because Sweeps didn't even put up a force field of energy nor did he even try to resist the XL18Z with his inner power. I say that is allowing XF to hit him or else XF would've been mosquito splat.

edit - If I remember correctly, it was also stated by the narrator that Sweeps wanted to test out the power of the XL18Z.
    Last edited by Bai Qi44; 11-04-06 at 09:59 PM.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

Yes, it's very unrealistic, but the reason it didn't become even more popular was because Akira Toriyama stopped working on DBZ after it ended. DBGT was not Toriyama's work. It might be unrealistic, but so is the wuxia universe. I'm pretty sure no human in our planet's history was ever capable of jumping 30 feet. If wuxia people can jump 30 feet, then why can't DBZ fighters destroy planets.

Btw, just to let you know. Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, and Gotenks were more powerful than any god that ever existed in the DBZ universe. When you have fighters that are more powerful than the gods themselves, then you know you've got some really powerful people.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

Yes, it's very unrealistic, but the reason it didn't become even more popular was because Akira Toriyama stopped working on DBZ after it ended. DBGT was not Toriyama's work. It might be unrealistic, but so is the wuxia universe. I'm pretty sure no human in our planet's history was ever capable of jumping 30 feet. If wuxia people can jump 30 feet, then why can't DBZ fighters destroy planets.

Btw, just to let you know. Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, and Gotenks were more powerful than any god that ever existed in the DBZ universe. When you have fighters that are more powerful than the gods themselves, then you know you've got some really powerful people.
    Actually, the series was supposed to end at the Freiza saga... so Goku co. was never intended to be more powerful than the gods themselves... Except for the complete god of earth aka the Super Nameck, who would be more powerful than any person, however, this character was not finalized until the Cell saga.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardor
    Actually, the series was supposed to end at the Freiza saga... so Goku co. was never intended to be more powerful than the gods themselves... Except for the complete god of earth aka the Super Nameck, who would be more powerful than any person, however, this character was not finalized until the Cell saga.

Are you talking about the Manga or the Anime? Well, we know Toriyama had a hand in both and I don't know about the Manga, but I assume it ended at the end of the Buu Saga cause the anime ended there.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

Manga. It's like Star Wars. It was supposed to end somewhere, but since it is a money making machine, it was not allowed to end.

DBZ> Feng Yun (Wind Cloud)> Jin Yong's characters.

LoL Vegeto would be able to kill everyone with a flick of a finger

:]

Quote Originally Posted by strife_au
    LoL Vegeto would be able to kill everyone with a flick of a finger
    Overkill much? Yamcha alone could defeat all of them, coming together, all at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardor
    Overkill much? Yamcha alone could defeat all of them, coming together, all at once.
    The question would be can Mr. Satan beat GJ
    considering his powerlevel is like 100

:]