Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Andy Lau

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    Yea, I heard that Andy has FINALLY admitted that he has been married to Carol Chu since last year. CONGRATS to him and I hope that he can finally hold a big banquet for his family and friends to celebrate.... The rumour about him and Carol has been going on and on for a LONG time and it is finally confirmed now....I was disappointed in him for lying all these years but I can understand due to those crazy fans... I hope they can accept that he is now officially "taken".
    i don't care about him being married and denying it at all, cause i understand who he is and what he has to deal with. but i'm afraid that if he really does have a little daughter, then she'd suffer from some kind of problem. i don't know how it would feel like to be denied by my own father in public for years. even though she doesn't remember it all, i'm sure that later down the road she'd hate him for it.

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    i don't care about him being married and denying it at all, cause i understand who he is and what he has to deal with. but i'm afraid that if he really does have a little daughter, then she'd suffer from some kind of problem. i don't know how it would feel like to be denied by my own father in public for years. even though she doesn't remember it all, i'm sure that later down the road she'd hate him for it.
    I understand as well I guess, but yea the issue with the daughter(if she is really his daughter) is really sad.... I hope that she will forgive him for it since he seems to treat her really well....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

I understand as well I guess, but yea the issue with the daughter(if she is really his daughter) is really sad.... I hope that she will forgive him for it since he seems to treat her really well....
    i really don't understand how a woman can live in the shadow like that. especially with a child, if she really is their daughter. i don't know if i should have a lot of respect for her for having the strength to go through all of that or if i should just see her as a woman who had no backbone to let her husband 'treat' her like that.

FINALLY! After all these years, it has come to light.

I really don't care if he was secretly dating and/or was married. It's his life and if he doesn't want the public to know, then that should be fine. Not like he committed a crime. It just doesn't reflect well that he lied all these years.

But if the rumor of him fathering a child is true, then he should have publicly acknowledged her. I feel bad for the kid. What would she say if someone asks about her father?

i really don't understand how a woman can live in the shadow like that. especially with a child, if she really is their daughter. i don't know if i should have a lot of respect for her for having the strength to go through all of that or if i should just see her as a woman who had no backbone to let her husband 'treat' her like that.
    I question that as well, but maybe she did not care as long as Andy loved her and wanted to be with her. I mean she was actually with a guy that many girls dream of being with. However, it is sad if she is just a woman with no backbone and just abided by all of his wishes. I feel worse for the daughter(if she is his daughter) since I wondered what she tells people if they ask about her father?? Really sad...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by tweety365 View Post
    FINALLY! After all these years, it has come to light.

I really don't care if he was secretly dating and/or was married. It's his life and if he doesn't want the public to know, then that should be fine. Not like he committed a crime. It just doesn't reflect well that he lied all these years.

But if the rumor of him fathering a child is true, then he should have publicly acknowledged her. I feel bad for the kid. What would she say if someone asks about her father?
    Well it is true that he deserves some privacy, but at the same time he is public figure so people will know sooner or later. Therefore, I don't see the point of him hiding it. It's not like he is hiding something bad. ALso, I think it was wrong to lie to all of his fans all these years. As a long time fan of his, I was a bit disappointed but can understand since he has a lot of crazy fans.

I totally agree about the kid though. I feel bad for her if she is his daughter. She has been living under the shadow all of these years??? I think that is just so sad...

i was too a huge fan of his. i did a 10 page report on him back in 5th grade! i loved him so much during his ancient series days! but all that changed the minute i found out he'd been lying for over 20 years. call me crazy and all that but i really don't like people who lie.

for me, it's okay to say that he was single when he first started dating. but after a few months, under a year, he should admit he's with someone. but to appear on shows and deny rumors that he's with someone for over 20 years, that's a bit much. and he goes behind all his fans' backs and get married. call me crazy again, but i really think he should live up to his own words when he said he'd be the first to let his fans know when he has someone special in his life.

all i can say now is that i'm really disappointed with his actions. for someone who's almost half my age... it's just not cool at all. sorry, i feel that what he put his family through is way too much. and by family i mean the close fans that he's always called family. it just seems like he did everything just for fame and money now that everything is exposed.

well andy, i hope you live a happy life with your 'real' family after crushing thousands of our hearts.

i was too a huge fan of his. i did a 10 page report on him back in 5th grade! i loved him so much during his ancient series days! but all that changed the minute i found out he'd been lying for over 20 years. call me crazy and all that but i really don't like people who lie.

for me, it's okay to say that he was single when he first started dating. but after a few months, under a year, he should admit he's with someone. but to appear on shows and deny rumors that he's with someone for over 20 years, that's a bit much. and he goes behind all his fans' backs and get married. call me crazy again, but i really think he should live up to his own words when he said he'd be the first to let his fans know when he has someone special in his life.

all i can say now is that i'm really disappointed with his actions. for someone who's almost half my age... it's just not cool at all. sorry, i feel that what he put his family through is way too much. and by family i mean the close fans that he's always called family. it just seems like he did everything just for fame and money now that everything is exposed.

well andy, i hope you live a happy life with your 'real' family after crushing thousands of our hearts.
    Actually, I was a big fan of his and still am a fan but I do agree that I was disappointed that he lied all of these years. It really upsets me now that I think about it. I understand that stars want some privacy but they should not have lied through their teeth so much. I think all he needed to do was say that he was already with someone instead of lie about it. I have problems when people continously lie so much too. It really ruins their image. For example, I am also a big fan of Jimmy Lin but he has been doing the same thing that Andy did so I think one day he will go through what Andy just did which I think is really sad.

Yea, I believe that as long time fans we deserve to at least know that he was with someone. He did not even need to say who she is or reveal in full detail about anything. All he needed to say was that he was with someone so that we can all know and send us his wishes. I think that would have prevented some crazy fans from dreaming about being with him and all. I mean, after years of supporting him, I think his fans deserved to know that he was already with someone. He would not have became so famous if we did not support him all of these years.

I have heard about Carol Zhu for many many years and have always thought that it was just a rumour and I tend not to really "believe" rumours. However, now that I think about it... A lot of soul called consistent "rumours" actually end up being true afteralll.

Anyways, I still wish him the best and hope that from now on he can be truthful to his fans or else it will really hurt his image a lot.

so he came out and finally admitted that he was married! not only to carol but he admitted to signing a marriage certificate with his ex about 24 years ago, but the girl had the heart not to register it and only kept it in a safe. seriously, no matter how blind fans are they should at least see how he treats women. andy has gone from someone i admire to someone i wouldn't even pay a penny to go see. and he swears that he has no kids. yeah, like i believe that.

so he came out and finally admitted that he was married! not only to carol but he admitted to signing a marriage certificate with his ex about 24 years ago, but the girl had the heart not to register it and only kept it in a safe. seriously, no matter how blind fans are they should at least see how he treats women. andy has gone from someone i admire to someone i wouldn't even pay a penny to go see. and he swears that he has no kids. yeah, like i believe that.
    In Andy's defense, he is known for being something of a lady killer, and some of his female fans are infamous for being a little on the obsessive/psychotic side. Perhaps he was afraid of the chaos that might ensue should he take his relationships public. And who knows, maybe Carol wanted their relationship to stay underground and away from the limelight.

Had their relationship been made public from the start, they might have had to deal with the same amount of pressure. All I'm saying is that we don't know either of them personally, so it's really hard to judge. If Carol was willing to stay with Andy for 20+ years in secret, he must have a lot of redeeming qualities. I'm willing to give him the benefit of a doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by skylee View Post
    In Andy's defense, he is known for being something of a lady killer, and some of his female fans are infamous for being a little on the obsessive/psychotic side. Perhaps he was afraid of the chaos that might ensue should he take his relationships public. And who knows, maybe Carol wanted their relationship to stay underground and away from the limelight.

Had their relationship been made public from the start, they might have had to deal with the same amount of pressure. All I'm saying is that we don't know either of them personally, so it's really hard to judge. If Carol was willing to stay with Andy for 20+ years in secret, he must have a lot of redeeming qualities. I'm willing to give him the benefit of a doubt.
    but he goes out and proclaims he's single. fans get upset at anyone that tries to give evidence that he was married or for even suggesting that he was married.

honestly for the crazy fans that he has, i'm sure if he never lied and came out 20+ years ago, then those crazy fans wouldn't be so crazy about him today. right now to me, he and carol (if she wanted to keep their relationship a secret) are just hungry for fame and money. they decieved so many people.

You have made some very good points and I can understand why Andy had to lie all of these years. However, I also agree with Gugu that it was really wrong of him to lie to his fans all of these years. I think if the fans did not support him all of these years, he would NOT be anywhere near where he is now. I understand that stars do want some privacy but that does not mean that he has to lie to his teeth about everything. Therefore, now that the truth is out... A lot of his fans are SO disappointed and feel deceived. Like I have said, he did NOT need to say in detail who his lover/gf was. All he needed to say was whether he already had someone or not, that's it... I feel he at least owes that to his fans for all of the support that they have given him through the years. Being a long time fan of a his, I can say that I was deeply disappointed that he lied all of these years too. I am also more motivated to believe these soul called "rumours" now since it all turns out that a number of times, a lot of them actually turn out to be true.

but he goes out and proclaims he's single. fans get upset at anyone that tries to give evidence that he was married or for even suggesting that he was married.

honestly for the crazy fans that he has, i'm sure if he never lied and came out 20+ years ago, then those crazy fans wouldn't be so crazy about him today. right now to me, he and carol (if she wanted to keep their relationship a secret) are just hungry for fame and money. they decieved so many people.
    Oops... I missed a crucial part of your post. I wasn't aware that he actually went out and proclaimed that he was single. I thought he simply denied it whenever the topic was brought up. In that case, I can understand why some fans feel so cheated. I mean, denying it is one thing, but to actually go out and announce that you're single when you're really not is a different thing altogether.

You have made some very good points and I can understand why Andy had to lie all of these years. However, I also agree with Gugu that it was really wrong of him to lie to his fans all of these years. I think if the fans did not support him all of these years, he would NOT be anywhere near where he is now. I understand that stars do want some privacy but that does not mean that he has to lie to his teeth about everything. Therefore, now that the truth is out... A lot of his fans are SO disappointed and feel deceived. Like I have said, he did NOT need to say in detail who his lover/gf was. All he needed to say was whether he already had someone or not, that's it... I feel he at least owes that to his fans for all of the support that they have given him through the years. Being a long time fan of a his, I can say that I was deeply disappointed that he lied all of these years too. I am also more motivated to believe these soul called "rumours" now since it all turns out that a number of times, a lot of them actually turn out to be true.
    "Lau had acknowledged a relationship once before in the earlier 1980s, arousing the ire of his fans, enraging advertisers and causing problems for his girlfriend of the time."

http://english.people.com.cn/

So apparently, he did acknowledge having been in a relationship at one point, but things didn't pan out too nicely.

Totally agree with your last sentence, though. I've always taken rumors with a grain of salt, but this incident has certainly increased my suspicions. Stardom really does have its price. I can't imagine living life under a microscope.

Also, a bit off-topic, but you mentioned Jimmy Lin being in a similar situation as Andy. Was he also involved in an underground relationship?
    Last edited by skylee; 09-05-09 at 06:23 AM.

Oops... I missed a crucial part of your post. I wasn't aware that he actually went out and proclaimed that he was single. I thought he simply denied it whenever the topic was brought up. In that case, I can understand why some fans feel so cheated. I mean, denying it is one thing, but to actually go out and announce that you're single when you're really not is a different thing altogether.
    I read that he did say he was not married as late as the beginning of 2009. obviously he was lying thru his teeth. that's why his loyal fans feel deceived. and that's why he's called a liar.

i am not a fan of andy lau. just being amused by this scandal.

Also, a bit off-topic, but you mentioned Jimmy Lin being in a similar situation as Andy. Was he also involved in an underground relationship?
    i am a big jimmy fan. so have to jump in and explain. jimmy was in a relationship with Ruby Lin 10+ yrs ago. They started dating after they filmed School Days together in 1994. He was 19. She was 18. He was in the peak of his career before he entered military service and still under the control of his agency. the relationship was closely guided. he denied being in a relationship with her all these yrs. (why drag out an old relationship.) it was in 2006 when they appeared together on a talkshow that both of them finally admitted that they did date 10+ yrs ago.

ruby said she rode in the Ferrari that he bought at 23. so they've been dating for at least 4 yrs before they broke up.

jimmy is a very low-key person. he doesn't talk about his personal life. when asked he'll flatly say it's personal and want to keep that part of his life private. It's widely known that he's in a relationship with a taiwan model now. he says they are 'friends'. his fans just don't talk about her. but he's not married. he said when he gets married he'll leave showbiz to spend more time with his wife and kids.
    Last edited by ladycoco; 09-05-09 at 09:52 AM.

"Lau had acknowledged a relationship once before in the earlier 1980s, arousing the ire of his fans, enraging advertisers and causing problems for his girlfriend of the time."

http://english.people.com.cn/

So apparently, he did acknowledge having been in a relationship at one point, but things didn't pan out too nicely.

Totally agree with your last sentence, though. I've always taken rumors with a grain of salt, but this incident has certainly increased my suspicions. Stardom really does have its price. I can't imagine living life under a microscope.

Thanks for the info Skylee. I honestly don't remember if Andy ever mentioned that he did admit to having been in a relationship or not. I do remember that I have heard about him being with Carol back in the 80s already,but like the typical stuff...We all just thought they were just "rumours". But if Andy did, then I don't feel as bad and can understand even more about why he did what he did.Yea, I think that when you decide to become a star, you have to pay a big price. You get money and fame so you have to give something back for it I guess...

Glad that you agree with my view about "rumours". It's not just Andy's case that I has motivated me to believe "rumours". It has been many other cases too. One of them is Gigi Lai. We have heard that she was dating some rich old guy for awhile... But then we all just thought they were only rumours... However, it all turns out that it was all true and then she married the guy and has retired. "Rumours" I guess can have some truth to it unless they sound too ridiculous to even be true in the first place.

Well, Jimmy isn't really in the same situation as Andy since I think he is not married yet(but then again, none of us know that). I am a big fan of Jimmy as well, but I must say that if he did what Andy did, I will be really disappointed. Also, the fact that he lied about ever dating Ruby sort of disappointed me already. I don't like Ruby at all, but actually felt bad for her once I found out that he was lying all of these years. She had to carry the burden all of these years. Also, he was actually caught with that one model a couple of times in public and you seriously would think that is his lover/girlfriend. However, he denies it and says that they are only good friends. I think that is the OLDEST trick in the book. Guys and girls that are "dating" and don't want others to know always say either "good/close or best friend" when others clearly see that that is NOT the case at all. IF in the end she isn't, then he was telling the truth that they are just friends. However, IF they were indeed together all of this time then I will be very disappointed since it will mean that he once again lied to his teeth even when he was caught red handed... Please understand that just because I am a big fan of someone does not mean that I cannot criticize them and will like them blindly without realizing their flaws. I believe true fans need to know the good and bad of any of their idols. If you are willing to accept the good and bad, that is what shows that you are a true fan...

Gao Yuan Yuan was caught in public with her "boyfriend" and she straight out admitted it so that people can't say this and that...Why can't others just do the same thing?? She is a famous actress too.
    Last edited by Trinie; 09-07-09 at 02:51 PM.