Thread: Why did the Divine Condor leave the cave (my last YG-related topic for a while)?

Default Why did the Divine Condor leave the cave (my last YG-related topic for a while)?

The forum has been saturated with Yeung Gor topics lately, and I've probably started at least half of them (as I'm currently on an ROCH '83 watching cycle; HSDS '86 begins in about two weeks, so there'll be a shift to more HSDS topics soon for me, most likely), so I'm going to post this last one and take a personal Yeung Gor-thread sabbatical for a while (starting them, not necessarily participating in them). You guys can proceed as you like (actually, the recent spate of Yeung Gor topics has been kind of refreshing after all that SWORD GOD Zhuo Bufan madness, but I digress).

This topic, in any case, is not so much about Yeung Gor as it is about the Divine Condor. That Divine Condor was very loyal to Dook Goo Kau Bai. For decades after Dook Goo Kau Bai's death, the Divine Condor stood guard over the former Sword Demon's cave. The loyal beast was pretty committed to staying there. When Yeung Gor first visited, the Divine Condor liked the young man enough to share the secret of Dook Goo Kau Bai's stash of swords with him, but refused to leave the cave with him. Yeung Gor would go to the Chung Yeung Temple to rescue Little Dragon Girl *without* the Divine Condor's companionship or assistance (which he could have used), and the final showdown at Passionless Valley with Gung Sheun Tze and Kau Cheen Chek was also done without the Divine Condor present.

During the sixteen year absence of Little Dragon Girl, however, the Divine Condor somehow *was* persuaded to leave Dook Goo Kau Bai's cave and wander the world with Yeung Gor. What finally convinced the creature to abandon the cave he had guarded so faithfully for decades to travel with Yeung Gor? Was the bird just glad to have found a new master to follow after all those decades?

First of all, the Divine Eagle has always considered Yang Guo as his student. To say that he found a new master...

It was probably one of those foot in door things. He brought Yang Guo to the Southern Ocean, which is one month away even with their Qing Gong! (Remember that they could travel 100 li in something like an hour or so)

After spending six years in the seaside, the Divine Eagle began travelling with Yang Guo, watching his progress. After spending 6 years with Yang Guo, their friendship grew a whole lot. Remember that the second meeting lasted only for a couple of months... No matter how compatible they were, that was not enough time to build a battle partnership, no?
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardor
    First of all, the Divine Eagle has always considered Yang Guo as his student. To say that he found a new master...
    It's funny to think that if Yeung Gor and the Divine Condor were a partnership like Batman and Robin, the Divine Condor would be the one playing the "Batman" role while Yeung Gor is playing the "Robin" role.

Basically, the Divine Eagle had to leave the cave in order to complete YG's training against the ocean. After that it probably enjoyed the adventures with YG.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    It's funny to think that if Yeung Gor and the Divine Condor were a partnership like Batman and Robin, the Divine Condor would be the one playing the "Batman" role while Yeung Gor is playing the "Robin" role.
    That was actually kinda the case. Except it was more of a Qui-gon and Obi-wan kind of relationship... with Obi-wan far surpassing Qui-gon.

From the translation "So he waved his sleeve and his dragon roar stopped. The eagle looked proudly at Yang Guo. Only then did everybody and the beasts slowly stand up."
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

I imagine that after a while, the Divine Condor got tired of listening to the "Lung yee..." moans and groans.

If the Divine Condor could talk, it probably would have said, "Er...I'm going to go check out some stuff over there," when Yeung Gor went into "Lung-yee" mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    I imagine that after a while, the Divine Condor got tired of listening to the "Lung yee..." moans and groans.

If the Divine Condor could talk, it probably would have said, "Er...I'm going to go check out some stuff over there," when Yeung Gor went into "Lung-yee" mode.
    Actually it was more like a 16 year silent suffering than Long-er screaming

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

the condor wanted to continue it's adventures but did not have anyone to accompany it till yang guo.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

The Divine Condor contracted poultry influenza. So he had to leave the cave to avoid infecting Yang Guo with his disease.

hello everyone. i'm new here.

i never thought it was strange how YG managed to convince the Divine Condor to leave the DG cave, but I have always wondered what happened to the Divine Condor when YG and XLN decided to go back to the tomb. I really only see three options:

1) The three of them live on the Wudang hillside in the little house they built after running away from the tomb in the beginning.

2) The divine condor moves to the cave where YG hids baby Guo Xiang, while YG and XLN stay in the tomb -- there is just no way for the Divine Condor to swim/fit into the underground grotto. Then YG and DC go and hunt and drink on the weekends together while XLN stays in (I think she prefers that anyways).

3) Divine Condor moves back to the lonely DG cave, eats his yummy gold snakes to wait for a future Mrs. DC while getting holiday visits from YG's family.