Page 15 of 104 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565 ... LastLast

Thread: Yuan Hong (袁弘)

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    When I watch a series/movie, I want to see the story of people who have more perfection and goodness than the average human. At least one protagonist should be more admirable than a regular person. I felt like all three protagonists were just as self-pitying and self-pitying as the rest of us.
    lol. well then i guess its just based on personal taste then.

^Yeah. My preferance is more of perfection and something to admire, but that's probably from watching/reading too much wuxia.

^Yeah. My preferance is more of perfection and something to admire, but that's probably from watching/reading too much wuxia.
    Then life would always have something to be admired. Good thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    i found it pretty good! (but i may be a little biased ) anyway, it follows pretty closely to the book and any complaints that people have could only be blamed on the original author. i know that peter, being producer of the show, tried his best to stick as closely to the original novels as possible.
    i would recommend watching it, its different than other bubbly comedic/sappy melodramatic taiwanese dramas.
    I watched the trailer for it. I felt that HXM's acting is better than Peter, although I heard the opposite. The series seemed quite well-done from all the pics from that thread, but I think if they dubbed the series, it'd be better. Barbie and Peter's voices don't mix well together.

How do you feel about the chemistry btw Peter and Barbie? The plot is more like Korean melodrama rather than Taiwanese melodrama.

I agree that celebrities should wear things more than once, but it's a public event and I feel like there are better choices than a tshirt with a topless guy on it. And his choice in shoes.
    His management company should look out for these things more - dressing in public events. I agree with you he should do better than the t-shirt with topless guy. Doesn't match his fashionable jeans that well. He and Hu Ge do look good in casual though. Not many celebrities can sport the casual look well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefertari View Post
    His management company should look out for these things more - dressing in public events. I agree with you he should do better than the t-shirt with topless guy. Doesn't match his fashionable jeans that well. He and Hu Ge do look good in casual though. Not many celebrities can sport the casual look well.
    I think YH is rebelling because the Chinese media keeps calling him handsomest this, handsomest that. E.g. in the all articles about "Heaven and Earth People", YH's Qi Jun Zao keeps being described as the most handsome imperial teacher in history. Hahah! He like squirms every time journalists or his co-stars praise his looks.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 08-04-10 at 11:49 AM.

Actually, I think sister K (CEO) even dressed down on most occaisions. I was shocked at how casual she was dressed to conference events and promotions.

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    Actually, I think sister K (CEO) even dressed down on most occaisions. I was shocked at how casual she was dressed to conference events and promotions.
    Yeah, and YH has been dressing the worst of the lot lately.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Yeah, and YH has been dressing the worst of the lot lately.
    I wouldn't say that...Hu Ge is equally just as bad

Wouldn't this be a great cast....
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i33.tinypic.com/2nal9h4.jpg')

Hu Ge actually looks better here

Plus and minus a few people, yes.

"Fog of Dragons" publicity poster.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://a.imageshack.us/img815/3461/miwushuanglong.jpg')

YH reliving his original goal of being a professional basketball player - see pics from his Sina blog. He tried when he was 17 but didn't get into the national league.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://a.imageshack.us/img823/5690/yh1.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://a.imageshack.us/img823/6396/yh5.jpg')

I think YH is rebelling because the Chinese media keeps calling him handsomest this, handsomest that. E.g. in the all articles about "Heaven and Earth People", YH's Qi Jun Zao keeps being described as the most handsome imperial teacher in history. Hahah! He like squirms every time journalists or his co-stars praise his looks.
    Now I understand. I like his character. He doesn't let flattery get to his head. It must be quite frustrating being called the handsomest all the time.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i33.tinypic.com/2nal9h4.jpg')

Hu Ge actually looks better here
    Agreed. Good cast indeed if everyone fits their role well.

I feel Hu Ge'd face is too modern at times, but his acting makes up for this.

I don't like the title. Can't they have a title that speaks of more history?

I'm glad YH didn't make it into national basketball at 17, or else we won't get to see him in TV series. Heehee

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge View Post
    Plus and minus a few people, yes.
    Who would you minus

I watched the trailer for it. I felt that HXM's acting is better than Peter, although I heard the opposite. The series seemed quite well-done from all the pics from that thread, but I think if they dubbed the series, it'd be better. Barbie and Peter's voices don't mix well together.

How do you feel about the chemistry btw Peter and Barbie? The plot is more like Korean melodrama rather than Taiwanese melodrama.
    uhhmmm...i think that they are both good, but im kinda biased as i like peter much more (character and actor), so i think peter is doing a really good job
    their voices arent that bad, i especially like peter's (again, biased )
    peter and barbie....are okay. they may not have the best chemistry ever, but it's tolerable to see them together. or maybe i just love peter too much to care

Quote Originally Posted by GeShiYuan View Post
    Who would you minus
    Peter Ho, Liu Shi Shi, and Wallace Huo

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge View Post
    Peter Ho, Liu Shi Shi, and Wallace Huo
    LOL!!!!!!! as long as it's not Yuan Hong. I would probably minus 3/4 of the actors/actresses here. One of them is Hu Ge....hehehe

I don't think Peter Ho is in the picture....

Quote Originally Posted by GeShiYuan View Post
    LOL!!!!!!! as long as it's not Yuan Hong. I would probably minus 3/4 of the actors/actresses here. One of them is Hu Ge....hehehe

I don't think Peter Ho is in the picture....
    Peter Ho is in the picture. The right-hand person at the top. I must say he looks pretty with the Manchurian hat.

Peter Ho is in the picture. The right-hand person at the top. I must say he looks pretty with the Manchurian hat.
    I think that's the new guy that Tangren just signed on...hmmm..can't remember his name. At first I thought that was Peter Ho, but if you look closely, it's not Peter.