Page 23 of 104 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323373 ... LastLast

Thread: Yuan Hong (袁弘)

It must be his favourite sneakers! I see him wear that almost every event...LOL!!!!!!!! Oh come on, gonna blame it on Liu Shi Shi? LOL...

That girl is the new Fan Bing Bing? Sorry to say....but she look..hmmm...plastic-ie, not nearly good looking as Fan Bing Bing.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/6208/yhlss3.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/9908/yhlss5640x427.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/760/yuanhong1640x427.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/4271/yuanhong2640x427.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/7624/yhlss6640x427.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/6188/yhlss8640x427.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/2603/yhlss7640x427.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/2990/yhlss9640x427.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/9671/yhlss10640x427.jpg')
    Last edited by xiaolong; 10-31-10 at 12:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Any news on the cast of 步步惊心? Is Wallace Chung going to be in the series with Yuan Hong?
    There's still a lot of speculation. I read that a lot of production companies including Yu Zheng's fought to buy the rights to Bu Bu Jing Xin (步步惊心), but Tong Hua chose Tangren because of YH, so YH has to be the male lead. The male lead in the novel is suppose to be 4th Prince (the eventual Emperor Yongzheng) and second lead 8th Prince. If Wallace comes in and takes second lead to YH, it would look TOO weird for him to act as YH's younger brother.

Anyway, YH or Wallace have MUCH stronger presence and charisma than Mickey He who's taking the 4th Prince lead in Gong.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 10-29-10 at 01:00 AM.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    There's still a lot of speculation. I read that a lot of production companies including Yu Zheng's fought to buy the rights to Bu Bu Jing Xin (步步惊心), but Tong Hua chose Tangren because of YH, so YH has to be the male lead. The male lead in the novel is suppose to be 4th Prince (the eventual Emperor Yongzheng) and second lead 8th Prince. If Wallace comes in and takes second lead to YH, it would look TOO weird for him to act as YH's younger brother.

Anyway, YH or Wallace have MUCH stronger presence and charisma than Mickey He who's taking the 4th Prince lead in Gong.
    Ohhh... Now that you put it that way, I guess it won't be likely that Wallace Chung will be in the series with Yuan Hong. I was really looking forward to seeing both Wallace Chung and Yuan Hong star in the same series.

YH and his drinking buddies.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/9790/yhfriends.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/6355/yhfriends1.jpg')

...and horse-riding with Johnny Chen Long.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/4013/yhchenlong.jpg')

Oh, looks like he did talk a bit to Ms Xiong.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/8983/yhxiong.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/4558/yhxiong2.jpg')
    Last edited by xiaolong; 11-01-10 at 09:34 AM.

His friends must be so intimidated by Yuan Hong....he must get all the girls attention when they all hang out

Yuan Hong look like he have make-up on sitting next to that lady

I bet YH would draw more girls if they hear him speak Cantonese. Edwin Siu says that YH's Cantonese is at native level.

IMO Cantonese is the sexier form of Chinese. Just my opinion though

Imagine YH speaking Cantonese...
    Last edited by xiaolong; 11-01-10 at 01:09 PM.

I bet YH would draw more girls if they hear him speak Cantonese. Edwin Siu says that YH's Cantonese is at native level.

IMO Cantonese is the sexier form of Chinese. Just my opinion though

Imagine YH speaking Cantonese...
    i actually disagree...just my opinion, but i dont find guys who speak cantonese that attractive IMO. i deff wouldnt be as attracted to YH if he suddenly started talking in canto LOL

Personally, I'd like to hear Yuan Hong speak Shanghainese, even if he can barely speak it. (Can he speak Shanghainese?) I still think Mando is sexiest for guys, though. I guess it's background thing.

Is it just me or does YH look younger every year? o.O

Hu Ge's mother tongue is Shanghainese. I remember HG commenting that the LOCH set was like a mini-Hong Kong (as many of the actors and crew were from Hong Kong). Everyone kept talking in Cantonese to him, so he decided to reply to them in Shanghainese every time they used Canto.

YH looks younger in the recent Sohu and YouKu interviews because of his boyish haircut and weight loss. But yeah, he's been looking younger and HG's been looking really old (prob from 24/7 working hours, heh!).

Anyway, YH has always looked younger than HG. When LOCH first came out, all the journalists thought he's HG's junior ("Shi Di"). He had to keep correcting them that he's actually HG's classmate and a month older than HG.

Update about Bu Bu Jing Xin and Strange Hero from Karen's wei bo:
    甫回上海,感受到压压压的压力,先是步步开工倒数,四爷人选至今仍悬空,继而是一枝梅的周边宣传策划筹备, 再来有两场华丽丽的发布会决定放在十一月,然后,餐厅月中要开张了!晕晕!硬生生把面前属于我的素菜全部吞 掉以泄心头之恨!吃饱再干活!

Looks like YH won't be playing 4th Prince (he looks too young). My guess is that YH will play 8th Prince (NB: Feng Shaofeng is playing 8th Prince in "Gong"), who is the main love interest of the female lead. 8th Prince might take on a more important role in this adaptation then.

My other guess is that Lin Gengxin will play 14th Prince. But YH looks younger than Lin Gengxin. Hmmm....

What I'm really interested in - who can take on the female lead? Not easy to top Yang Mi's IT Girl power.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 11-02-10 at 10:44 AM.

What I'm really interested in - who can take on the female lead? Not easy to top Yang Mi's IT Girl power.
    How bout Ady or even Liu Yifei? Their fame is no less than Yang Mi.
    And Wallace Chung can be 4th prince!! LOL....
    Last edited by GeShiYuan; 11-02-10 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GeShiYuan View Post
    How bout Ady or even Liu Yifei? Her fame is no less than Yang Mi.
    LYF has the fame, but her acting skills really aren't up to par. Anyway, LYF wants to concentrate on movies so I doubt she will be in this. The only thing that could possibly attract her to this production is NHK's involvement, as she has been trying to break into Japan without much success.

Ady - I don't think she's as pretty as Yang Mi. And her star presence and charisma is way behind Yang Mi's.

Who I would really like to see is Jiang Xin - I think she's really pretty and has good acting, but she's still quite under-rated.

I don't think LSS is likely to take the lead for Bu Bu Jing Xin. She's going to film Tian Zhi Hen. Anyway, her acting is not that good.

Bu Bu Jing Xin is an enormously popular and well-loved modern classic. So I really hope Tangren has a super cast for this. At least we know YH tops Mickey He or Feng Shaofeng anytime. Female lead - now that will be a toughie.

Wow, I think we are totally opposites on taste of female artists, with the exception of Liu Yifei..LOL Agree, she's beautiful, but can't act, way overrated.

In my own opinion.

Nothing against Yang Mi, I like the girl, pretty, but not that great in acting. She still needs improvement. Have not seen any good series of hers yet...I think she's also overrated.

Ady, she's beautiful and her acting is good

Jiang Xin, don't find her at all attractive. Haven't seen her act yet, so can't say.

LSS is cute, her acting is not that good but wouldn't say bad, need lots of improvement on her acting as well.....

I got another one...how about Tang Yan. I think she's beautiful and acts really well I actually think she out-shine Yang Mi in CP3...
    Last edited by GeShiYuan; 11-02-10 at 11:31 AM.

Hmmm, we do have different opinions. I actually find that Tang Yan lacks the X-Factor that Yang Mi has. Jiang Xin was very pretty as Mu Wanqing in TLBB 03 - just that the pics of her posted in this forum haven't been v.flattering.

I read something quite interesting...Ruby Lin is actually seeking YH to take a lead role in her studio's maiden production, Qing Shi Huang Fei (倾世皇妃). But since Yu Zheng swore that he will ensure 倾世皇妃 won't be popular in Mainland, it's probably errr...risky. Anyway I doubt Karen would release him with Bu Bu Jing Xin in full swing.

There's speculation that Kevin Cheng (郑嘉颖) from TVB will be in Bu Bu Jing Xin because he wrote in his wei bo that he's going to Mainland to film a Qing dynasty drama.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 11-02-10 at 12:00 PM.

I read something quite interesting...Ruby Lin is actually seeking YH to take a lead role in her studio's maiden production, Qing Shi Huang Fei (倾世皇妃). But since Yu Zheng swore that he will ensure 倾世皇妃 won't be popular in Mainland, it's probably errr...risky.

There's speculation that Kevin Cheng (郑嘉颖) from TVB will be in Bu Bu Jing Xin because he wrote in his wei bo that he's going to Mainland to film a Qing dynasty drama.
    Okay..Okay, then do we agree on at least this one woman? Yu Zheng is a moron isn't he??...LOL. I would like Yuan Hong to go and film in Ruby's production, and I hope the film is a success so Yu Zheng shut-up

I heard that too, but I heard he will be the youngest son though. The youngest? He'll look older than Yuan Hong triple times! Don't really like him, I tried watching some of TVB dramas....none to my taste. It's not like the old TVBs...the series were awesome back then, and the artists were wonderful...the artists in TVB right now can't act...sorry to say

Wah, within just 10 minutes, Karen's wei bo has nearly 1,000 (and still more coming) angry comments about why YH isn't acting the 4th Prince role. Like hello...who can be the rest of the 10 younger princes if YH is 4th Prince? Kid actors? My take is that she will flesh out the role that YH takes so that he will still be male lead.

But then again, 4th Prince is part good part evil, which is what YH sooo excels in.

Quote Originally Posted by GeShiYuan View Post
    I tried watching some of TVB dramas....none to my taste. It's not like the old TVBs...the series were awesome back then, and the artists were wonderful...the artists in TVB right now can't act...sorry to say
    I second that man! TVB's pit bottom now. All the best TVB talents like Lai Kwok Lap (Li Guo Li in Mandarin) have gone to Mainland bcos of its HUGE market (there are 500 million TV households in China and still counting).
    Last edited by kengyew; 11-03-10 at 12:17 AM.

Wah, within just 10 minutes, Karen's wei bo has nearly 1,000 (and still more coming) angry comments about why YH isn't acting the 4th Prince role. Like hello...who can be the rest of the 10 younger princes if YH is 4th Prince? Kid actors? My take is that she will flesh out the role that YH takes so that he will still be male lead.

But then again, 4th Prince is part good part evil, which is what YH sooo excels in.
    LOL so true about the younger princes part. and i think i'd prefer him as the 4th prince anyway, cause from what i hear he's the main romantic lead which equals the main male lead for me anyway
    and i love him in the sexy bad boy with a heart roles

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    LOL so true about the younger princes part. and i think i'd prefer him as the 4th prince anyway, cause from what i hear he's the main romantic lead which equals the main male lead for me anyway
    and i love him in the sexy bad boy with a heart roles
    Really? I believe the female lead became more drawn to 8th Prince later. She only stuck around 4th Prince initially because she knew he will become emperor. I thought in the book, 8th Prince role shared equal status, if not more than 4th Prince? Another important role is 14th Prince. YH's youthful look suits the youngest Prince, but probably not since he's going to be the lead.

I doubt Kevin Cheng will be the youngest Prince as he's already 41 (if rumours are true that he'll be in this series). Probably a supporting role.

The casting for this seems to be extremely anticipated in China. Karen BETTER get it right! She got the men soooo right for Young Warriors, but not the women tho.

For "Gong", Yang Mi can draw me to watch it, but definitely not Mickey and Feng Shaofeng.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 11-03-10 at 01:27 AM.