Page 13 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363 ... LastLast

Thread: Yuan Hong (袁弘)

Quote Originally Posted by GeShiYuan View Post
    That would have been a disaster. I am not too fond of Nic Tse's acting..most of his characters in the series (Handsome Siblings, Da Ren Wu, Spirit of the Sword) that I've seen are one dimensional and it got boring and tiresome (no offense fans of his).
    Totally agree....

Can't imagine Nic Tse kissing LSS

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    ohhhh YH with LYF would be a VERY attractive couple. although i think LSS and LYF do look quite similar
    I'm wondering how come YH and LYF haven't acted together or been in each other's circle of friends. They have (more or less) similar family backgrounds - both were born and raised in Wuhan (altho LYF did live in the US for 4 years), both their dads are high-ranking government officials, both their moms are theatre performers...
    Last edited by xiaolong; 07-21-10 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    I'm wondering how come YH and LYF haven't acted together or been in each other's circle of friends. They have (more or less) similar family backgrounds - both were born and raised in Wuhan (altho LYF did live in the US for 4 years), both their dads are high-ranking government officials, both their moms are theatre performers...
    But then, have you read or see pictures of LYF circle of friends? I don't remember seeing her around any friends or co-stars, she usually just have her mother around her(overly protective I may add)..
    Last edited by GeShiYuan; 07-21-10 at 01:58 PM.

Looks like YH's recent dramas are being followed more closely by the media than his previous dramas. There's been so much news about "Fog of Dragons" on my Google Alerts:
    http://ent.sina.com.cn/v/m/2010-07-23/09033026853.shtml
    http://ent.southcn.com/8/2010-07/23/...t_14098188.htm
    http://news.sina.com.tw/article/20100723/3538611.html
    They have almost finished filming, so likely to be shown in early 2011. YH is playing the son of a wealthy family who are descendents of the original owner of a pair of highly valued Qing dynasty cloisonne dragons. The Japanese are after these treasured dragons and the family members are being killed off one by one.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/531/yh18.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/2862/yh20.jpg')

I was just reading a funny entry on Baidu entitled "Seeking YH's father on the LOCH set". While the "Tan Ban" TV crew were filming snippets of Ariel Lin's parents and aunts (who were visiting her on the set), the reporters went looking high and low for YH's father who was also visiting, but YH hustled them away.

The media recently dug up info on his family background and reported that his family is very wealthy - his dad is the Executive VP of Wuhan government, his mom is a theatre performer and his uncle is one of the owners of the KFC China franchise. But when questioned, YH insists on keeping his family out of the picture.

If that's the case, why does he dress so shabbily? Hate the cheap-looking red canvas shoes he keeps wearing at press events. And why does he keep wearing the same (cheap) yellow/brown leather jacket and angry bear T-shirt? He even wears the same ill-fitting formal black jacket during at least 3 press events (LOCH, Miracle of Doctor Tao, Shanghai TV Festival).

HK and Taiwan actors, on the other hand, never repeat their clothes.

Also read on Baidu that YH nearly became a basketball pro but didn't make it to the national league. So he turned his attention to theatre instead (follow his mom I guess), sat for the Shanghai Theatre Academy entrance exam and got in. Met Hu Ge...and the rest is history.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 07-23-10 at 09:29 PM.

Wow, thanks for all the great news xiaolong!! I'm glad somebody is keeping us updated...hehehe. I've always tried to follow his news, but can't read it..hehe. And I too noticed that his series are in the news more than before. Maybe it has something to do with the production company of the series (depend how big the company is)?

"Fog of Dragon" already finished filiming? That quicks, felt like they just started filming couple months ago. I heard his next film Bu Bu Jing Xin (步步惊心)will be a BIG production(started today I believe)...have you read that anywhere?

Despite that I hated his red sneaker, and most of the time what he wears to event...I actually admired that he doesn't show or come out to be a rich brat like some others kids with wealthy parents do. He doesn't appear snobbish or shows off that is he rich. I didn't know that about his background, now that I do...the more I like and admired him.
    Last edited by GeShiYuan; 07-23-10 at 10:56 AM.

Gosh, I cringed while watching the Shanghai TV Fest interviews you uploaded on YouTube. The pants are way too short for him showing off the same cheap red sneakers he wore at Doctor Tao press event and his hair looks like he just got out of bed. Why doesn't Karen Cai hire a proper image consultant for him?

YH should take a cue from HXM who ALWAYS wears debonair suits and NEVER wears the same clothes more than once. Much as I hate HXM as YG in ROCH 2006, I must say he looks dashing at press events.

Someone tell YH to stop repeating his cheap clothes!

Anyway, looks like he's getting his act together at "Heaven and Earth People" press event. Clothes still look cheap tho.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://a.imageshack.us/img824/1749/yh2u.jpg')
    Last edited by xiaolong; 07-23-10 at 09:19 PM.

Hahaha...actually, if you seen enough videos of YH, Hu Ge, and LSS. All three of them wore the same clothes to different events I don't know if it's a company thing...hehe.

You know, in some angles, YH actually looks good with the hair in the videos (Shanghai Film festival). Let's try to forget about that red sneaker....it's giving me nightmares..hehehe

I agree...it appears Yuan Hong have better taste in styles back in the younger days during the Young Warriors and LOCH publicities.

Wow, I didn't know that about his parents either...pretty interesting how he chose to pursue acting instead of following his father's footstep

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm......wouldn't this be something? LOL....
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i31.tinypic.com/o734n9.jpg')

Yuan Hong, Wallace Huo, and Wallace Chung can get away with it...but Hu Ge??? LOL...

Transfer from LSS's thread...

Opening Theme (MV)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmeANwp7cj0

Title name changed...
    衣被天下 (Yi Bei Tian Xia) to 天涯织女 (Tian Ya Zhi Nu)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i26.tinypic.com/165bx0.jpg')

Xiaolong, can you translate the new title into English? Google has it as End of the World Weaver? Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    Xiaolong, can you translate the new title into English? Google has it as End of the World Weaver? Thanks in advance
    "Tian Ya" means the remotest ends of the world. I think the new title means to say that Qiao'Er is the world's most amazing weaver. There's no direct English translation for this.

Wow, I didn't know that about his parents either...pretty interesting how he chose to pursue acting instead of following his father's footstep
    Hu Ge didn't follow his dad's footsteps either. Hu Ge's dad is a professional tennis player.

Acting is a lot more highly regarded as a profession in China than in HK, Taiwan and Singapore because I think movies and TV are seen as China's governmental (propaganda?) channels of communication to the masses. Gong Li's dad is an Economics university professor, Zhang Ziyi's dad is a China Telecom Authority official... HXM, Chen Kun, Yang Mi, Tang Yan, LYF, Vicky Zhao etc are all grads from highly regarded theatre universities, not school drop-outs.

But it's changing. Ariel Lin read Korean Studies at National Taiwan University. Janine Chang (female lead in "Clothing The World") is a law grad. Eddie Peng holds a BBA from University of British Columbia.
    Yuan Hong, Wallace Huo, and Wallace Chung can get away with it...but Hu Ge??? LOL...
    Wallace looks gorgeous as a baldie
    Last edited by xiaolong; 07-25-10 at 01:19 AM.

yeah...i cant even imagine what HG would REALLY look like like that lol

xiaolong you must be a Chinese entertainment guru You seem to know a lot about the actors/actresses and their background!!

xiaolong you must be a Chinese entertainment guru You seem to know a lot about the actors/actresses and their background!!
    I write for a Chinese entertainment magazine. Can't mention which one. I have my own favourite shows and directors, but don't want to come across as biased.
    I heard his next film Bu Bu Jing Xin (步步惊心)will be a BIG production(started today I believe)...have you read that anywhere
    Yes, it will be a huge production helmed by Li Guo Li. He has only announced that he wants YH as the male lead. But I think if Hu Ge gets involved, it would be so so interesting to see HG as a baldie!
    Last edited by xiaolong; 07-25-10 at 01:00 AM.

I write for a Chinese entertainment magazine. Can't mention which one. I have my own favourite shows and directors, but don't want to come across as biased.

Yes, it will be a huge production helmed by Li Guo Li. He has only announced that he wants YH as the male lead. But I think if Hu Ge gets involved, it would be so so interesting to see HG as a baldie!
    Wow....how wonderful!!! We have our own chinese entertainment informer on this thread. Very fortunate for us in YH's thread who can't read Chinese to have you give us his updates....many thanks!

I heard Liu shishi may be a guest in the series too...hmmm, still not convinced Hu Ge as a baldie

Wonderful surpise indeed, no wonder all the knowledges of the actors/actresses.

Not being bias and all, would you be able to release who are your favorite directors/actor/actresses/shows?

Hu Ge...bald?? Not a chance, even the series with hair he had to have bangs....hehehe

I can't say who's my favourite actor, director or production, but I can comment on their performance in different series. E.g. I didn't like HXM in ROCH2006 but really liked him in Shanghai Bund. I liked ZJZ's TLBB but didn't quite like LOCH2003. I liked LGL's Young Warriors, but not Little Fairy.

I've been following Tangren closely because I like Karen Cai's PR/marketing style - it's fresh and down-to-earth. You can really relate to HG, YH and LSS as real, fun people. Whereas some other companies market their actors as untouchable gods/goddesses. I guess to each his own.

I must say I do respect YH for making it on his own. In terms of wealth and family status, he's actually on par with LYF, but it's a fact that's irrelevant to him as an actor. Neither did he get his dad's rich family to get him roles, hence he was playing second fiddle roles for most of his early career. For LYF, I find it cheesy that her company keeps boasting about her family background in their publicity campaigns, although I must say it did get her much farther than otherwise would be the case. E.g. Chen Jinfei (her rich godfather) made a personal call to ZJZ to secure the XLN role. Well, she IS a bigger star now than any of the Tangren actors.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 07-26-10 at 01:19 AM.

I can't say who's my favourite actor, director or production, but I can comment on their performance in different series. E.g. I didn't like HXM in ROCH2006 but really liked him in Shanghai Bund. I liked ZJZ's TLBB but didn't quite like LOCH2003. I liked LGL's Young Warriors, but not Little Fairy.

I've been following Tangren closely because I like Karen Cai's PR/marketing style - it's fresh and down-to-earth. You can really relate to HG, YH and LSS as real, fun people. Whereas some other companies market their actors as untouchable gods/goddesses. I guess to each his own.

I must say I do respect YH for making it on his own. In terms of wealth and family status, he's actually on par with LYF, but it's a fact that's irrelevant to him as an actor. Neither did he get his dad's rich family to get him roles, hence he was playing second fiddle roles for most of his early career. For LYF, I find it cheesy that her company keeps boasting about her family background in their publicity campaigns, although I must say it did get her much farther than otherwise would be the case. E.g. Chen Jinfei (her rich godfather) made a personal call to ZJZ to secure the XLN role. Well, she IS a bigger star now than any of the Tangren actors.
    What you said about other companies (marketing their artists as god/goddess) is way true...whereas Tangren is like a family type company.

Also, not to offend anybody...up to this day I am still wondering why LYF aside from being beautiful-why she is famous. Her acting is okay, I find her singing and dancing annoying....it almost sounds like without her company, I heard she is the sole artist in that company, and her beauty she would not be as popular....only my two cents

Fashion police alert! First red sneakers from the neighbourhood discount store. Now green sneakers from the Wuhan flea market! See YH's green sneakers from Baidu gallery:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://a.imageshack.us/img530/2391/yh4.jpg')
    Hahaha...actually, if you seen enough videos of YH, Hu Ge, and LSS. All three of them wore the same clothes to different events I don't know if it's a company thing...hehe.
    Karen Cai's style. She wants them to be real people who wear their (Uniqlo?) clothes more than once. Whereas LYF's mom would never let LYF be caught dead in anything less than Prada. It will demean her PR image as a rich "princess" aka goddess...bleh! I read that even her casual clothes come from Chanel.
    Last edited by laisee; 07-26-10 at 09:06 AM.