Page 14 of 104 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464 ... LastLast

Thread: Yuan Hong (袁弘)

Quote Originally Posted by laisee View Post

Karen Cai's style. She wants them to be real people who wear their (Uniqlo?) clothes more than once. Whereas LYF's mom would never let LYF be caught dead in anything less than Prada. It will demean her PR image as a rich "princess" aka goddess...bleh! I read that even her casual clothes come from Chanel.
    That's why I admire the company. I like their series, and I like their people.

Laisee...did you just go on a LYF rampage LOL....can't help but noticed

Karen Cai's style. She wants them to be real people who wear their (Uniqlo?) clothes more than once. Whereas LYF's mom would never let LYF be caught dead in anything less than Prada. It will demean her PR image as a rich "princess" aka goddess...bleh! I read that even her casual clothes come from Chanel.
    It's just a different way of marketing the same product. Actually, LYF and her mom remind me of Brooke Shields and her mom in the 1980s and Milla Jovovich and her mom in the 1990s. But I must admit that LYF's mom puts me off.

BTW, I like the flea market green sneakers. If you read YH's Sina blog, he's really close to his mom. He discusses each role in depth with her before shooting.

The CP gang...I like LSS best like this without make-up.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://a.imageshack.us/img28/3452/yh5u.jpg')

Mystery solved...the red sneakers came from LSS during LOCH08 days.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://a.imageshack.us/img814/1439/yh6.jpg')
    Last edited by xiaolong; 07-28-10 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    It's just a different way of marketing the same product. Actually, LYF and her mom remind me of Brooke Shields and her mom in the 1980s and Milla Jovovich and her mom in the 1990s. But I must admit that LYF's mom puts me off.

BTW, I like the flea market green sneakers. If you read YH's Sina blog, he's really close to his mom. He discusses each role in depth with her before shooting.

The CP gang...I like LSS best like this without make-up.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://a.imageshack.us/img28/3452/yh5u.jpg')

Mystery solved...the red sneakers came from LSS during LOCH08 days.
    I thought that was pink? Umm...LSS wearing the sneaker is cute, where yuan hong wearing the red sneaker looks..umm...gosh can't even think of the word..........okay "cheap"...LOL. But the sneaker he have on in the picture looks adorable on him...hehehe

side note: YH looks really cute in this picture!
    xiaoxiao: i really like his hair

Paris Hilton's mantra about never repeating clothes in NY Post...haha! So unlike HG, YH & co. with their scruffy clothes and shoes:
    "Till now, it was just whispered in the halls of fame that any A-list celeb would not even be caught dead in a repeat outfit. And socialite Paris Hilton only reiterated this vice of uber consumerism when she confessed that she never wears an outfit more than once."

Read in a Chinese magazine that speculated HG's fee per episode should be now almost on par with HXM's (RMB100K per episode - altho I think majority of the fee goes to the management co.) - don't know how true it is. I wonder how much YH is worth...
    Last edited by xiaolong; 07-29-10 at 11:16 PM.

What show is this? Anybody know?
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i32.tinypic.com/2mpiz5g.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i28.tinypic.com/116jn91.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i28.tinypic.com/2cn8r41.jpg')

A popular music variety show on Yunnan TV to publicise the launch of Hu Ge's new album "Blue Light". Took place 9 July 2010.

See article:
    http://music.yule.sohu.com/20100709/n273395459.shtml

Hu Ge's wearing the same clothes he wore at LOCH promo 2 years ago. YH prob just got out of bed (look at the messy hair) but I'm so glad he's wearing black shoes.

Look, it's the same bug-eye man T-shirt he wore at Tan Ban interview on "Fog of Dragons" set:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/1604/yh22.jpg')
    Last edited by xiaolong; 07-30-10 at 05:45 AM.

Read in a Chinese magazine that speculated HG's fee per episode should be now almost on par with HXM's (RMB100K per episode - altho I think majority of the fee goes to the management co.) - don't know how true it is. I wonder how much YH is worth...
    IMO, I think HXM is way overrated...can't think of a series he's in that his performance is considered "great".

Though I think YH deserves to be more recognized, but he's not as popular as Hu Ge, and thus probably worth way less...

Fashion police alert! First red sneakers from the neighbourhood discount store. Now green sneakers from the Wuhan flea market! See YH's green sneakers from Baidu gallery:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://a.imageshack.us/img530/2391/yh4.jpg')

But if they're going to promote the designer princess girl image, they might as well do it the real way. I've seen her wearing copied Dior and fake (not just copied, fake) Lanvin.

A popular music variety show on Yunnan TV to publicise the launch of Hu Ge's new album "Blue Light". Took place 9 July 2010.

See article:
    http://music.yule.sohu.com/20100709/n273395459.shtml

Hu Ge's wearing the same clothes he wore at LOCH promo 2 years ago. YH prob just got out of bed (look at the messy hair) but I'm so glad he's wearing black shoes.

Look, it's the same bug-eye man T-shirt he wore at Tan Ban interview on "Fog of Dragons" set:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/1604/yh22.jpg')
    It's also the same one he wore to Hu Ge's album launching in the variety show above!!!! LOL..

Yeah, does anyone know what show that was?

You can see the show on this link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHwkP...eature=related
    Hu Ge is trying out a harmonica that Yuan Hong gave him. Yuan Hong's hair looks so...errr. Don't you think they are taking the cheap scruffy look a bit too far?

Here's a link to Hu Ge performing at the show. Video sound is a bit off tho.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qbli2WHBJcs&NR=1
    The singing is the main reason why he's way more popular than Yuan Hong.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 07-31-10 at 08:57 PM.

^Thank you so much! Lol, the video is cute. But yeah, I don't think the cheap thing is impressing anyone...

From what I see from the pics above, Yuan Hong still looks good in his casual outfit. Nothing cheap about it. They just look like anyone else out on a casual Sunday. His hair does require brushing up. Should watch his demeanour before he goes out.

I actually felt celebrities take the 'Never-wear-anything-more-than-once' philosophy and royal dressing too far. It's really bad to encourage such material ambitions in society where moral values are going down the hill. It's really a waste just to wear anything once, not to say branded products. Also, it's really ironic that these celebrities wear royal outfits to charity shows and preach all the 'Save the misfortunates' slogans. A complete contradition in social values.

I think celebrities should look good in anything, including rags - like Snow White. Okay, going too far. Usually, they look great even in casual which makes commoners like me really jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    IMO, I think HXM is way overrated...can't think of a series he's in that his performance is considered "great".

Though I think YH deserves to be more recognized, but he's not as popular as Hu Ge, and thus probably worth way less...
    That's because HXM is good-looking and can portray a lot of protagonist material. I agree his acting skills are not as good as actors like YH, HG, Chen Kun, Ren Quan etc. His performance in Da Han Tian Zi is pretty good, esp the second installment. He's also not bad in The Banquet.

YH is not as famous, but I felt he's quite recognized for his ability. People are noticing him more and more.

I've seen him in a lot of roles, all solid performances. Luv his Yelu Qi and also as the Crown Prince in Shang Shu Fang. I also saw him in Shen Yi Da Dao Gong with Adam Cheng lately.

Perhaps Hu Ge has that idol look and can sing well, so is more famous. And HG has acted opposite Liu Yi Fei too.

Have you watched "Summer's Bubble"? It's really touching that HXM took a major pay cut to support his good friend Peter Ho and save "Summer's Bubble" from having a major investor pull out. Now if only he drops plastic bimbo Angelababy and go for a solid woman like Chen Zihan then he will earn lots more respect.

I don't like Adam Cheng's Shen Yi Da Dao Gong. Such a slapstick series. Nothing wrong with YH's performance but having that joke on his portfolio is such a bummer. I think his best performances were Yelu Xie in Young Warriors and YK in LOCH2008. He suits the angsty, brooding sort of character so I'm looking forward to "Fog of Dragons".

That's a new jacket...for a change.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/9949/yh7.jpg')
    Last edited by xiaolong; 08-01-10 at 09:13 AM.

Have you watched "Summer's Bubble"? It's really touching that HXM took a major pay cut to support his good friend Peter Ho and save "Summer's Bubble" from having a major investor pull out. Now if only he drops plastic bimbo Angelababy and go for a solid woman like Chen Zihan then he will earn lots more respect.

I don't like Adam Cheng's Shen Yi Da Dao Gong. Such a slapstick series. Nothing wrong with YH's performance but having that joke on his portfolio is such a bummer. I think his best performances were Yelu Xie in Young Warriors and YK in LOCH2008. He suits the angsty, brooding sort of character so I'm looking forward to "Fog of Dragons".
    No, I haven't watched Summer's Bubble. Read the reviews and it seemed fans were disappointed with how predictable, unreasonable the plot is and Barbie Hsu's character was annoying. So decide to give it a miss.

I still feel that HXM is a decent enough actor, just that his fame was over-rated after YG. He was already quite recognized before he took on YG. The Hong Kong media should be blamed for his over-rated fame.

YH acted really well in LOCH2008. He portrayed the twists and turns and inner turmoil really convincing as YK. Found him extremely attractive as Yelu Xie with the moustache on. Could not recognize him at first, until I saw his name. He looks much older with the moustache too, more mature.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefertari View Post
    From what I see from the pics above, Yuan Hong still looks good in his casual outfit. Nothing cheap about it. They just look like anyone else out on a casual Sunday. His hair does require brushing up. Should watch his demeanour before he goes out....
    I agree that celebrities should wear things more than once, but it's a public event and I feel like there are better choices than a tshirt with a topless guy on it. And his choice in shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefertari View Post
    No, I haven't watched Summer's Bubble. Read the reviews and it seemed fans were disappointed with how predictable, unreasonable the plot is and Barbie Hsu's character was annoying. So decide to give it a miss.
    i found it pretty good! (but i may be a little biased ) anyway, it follows pretty closely to the book and any complaints that people have could only be blamed on the original author. i know that peter, being producer of the show, tried his best to stick as closely to the original novels as possible.
    i would recommend watching it, its different than other bubbly comedic/sappy melodramatic taiwanese dramas.

When I watch a series/movie, I want to see the story of people who have more perfection and goodness than the average human. At least one protagonist should be more admirable than a regular person. I felt like all three protagonists were just as self-pitying and self-pitying as the rest of us.