Page 36 of 104 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132333435363738394041424344454686 ... LastLast

Thread: Yuan Hong (袁弘)

Quote Originally Posted by Drgirleam View Post
    4.) I never knew his English name was Justin. Is that what his name translates into, or just what he liked and decided to use?
    5.) Was this filmed recently or back in 2009?
    This was filmed earlier this year.

YH's English name has been Justin for the longest time. LSS' English name has been Cecilia ever since she burst into the acting scene. And I just learned Yan Kuan's English name is Kevin, LOL. Oh, and FSF's English name is William! But yeah, v.few Mainland actors and actresses have English names, so it's pretty unusual. Hu Ge, HXM, Tang Yan, Yang Mi, Liu Ye, Lu Yi, Zhang Han etc...all don't have English names. It's a atheist country. It's mainly the Taiwanese and HK actors/actresses who have English names, like Wallace, Peter, Eddie.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 08-04-11 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post

YH's English name has been Justin for the longest time. LSS' English name has been Cecilia ever since she burst into the acting scene. And I just learned Yan Kuan's English name is Kevin, LOL. Oh, and FSF's English name is William! But yeah, v.few Mainland actors and actresses have English names, so it's pretty unusual. Hu Ge, HXM, Tang Yan, Yang Mi, Liu Ye, Lu Yi, Zhang Han etc...all don't have English names. It's a atheist country. It's mainly the Taiwanese and HK actors/actresses who have English names, like Wallace, Peter, Eddie.
    Wow. I did not know that. I had always thought that he was like the majority of the actors/actresses who don't use English names. And, really, Yan Kuan's English name is Kevin? That one is a shocker. Now is there a reason why Mainland actors and actresses don't have/use English names? Is China really an atheist country? I knew they had different beliefs and opinions, but never really thought of them as being atheist. I love how you group the three favorites together. hehehe

OMG! So cute...

我也开外挂了,兔儿斯基。
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/48e83b38jw1djx1h5foqag.gif')

疯一样的男子~
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/48e83b38jw1djx2s4m2zyg.gif')

Hu Ge, HXM, Tang Yan, Yang Mi, Liu Ye, Lu Yi, Zhang Han etc...all don't have English names. It's a atheist country. It's mainly the Taiwanese and HK actors/actresses who have English names, like Wallace, Peter, Eddie.
    Tang Yan's English name is Tiffany
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 08-07-11 at 05:00 AM.

It's pretty interesting following the weibos of celebs (yay to Sina!). Actually personality-wise, I find YH A LOT more similar to YM than LSS. Both YH & YM are equally sardonic & smart-a$$ in the way they write about various observations. Plus they like to post ham-it-up pics of themselves with their homies .

He flew back to Wuhan after filming the Lux mini-movie with YM to ham it up with his homies before starting work in Hengdian.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i51.tinypic.com/2mowknr.jpg')
    Last edited by xiaolong; 08-07-11 at 11:32 AM.

Oooh! Another min guo series to keep me occupied after Nicky Wu's awesome Sanctuary. Mi Wu Shuang Long will be airing on Gansu TV this month.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i54.tinypic.com/288o86u.jpg')

In 1937, a Japanese organization was on a secret mission to obtain "Jing Tai Shuang Long," a pair of valuable vases made during the Qing dynasty. When its mission became known to the Chinese government, the descendant of Shuang Long's maker began to die one by one under mysterious circumstances. Xing Wen Yuan (Yuan Hong), the surviving member of the family, must protect the artifact, track down the Japanese agents and find the mysterious killer before all is lost.

Good distraction while I wait updates from the New HZGG group on the worthwhile episodes to watch (i.e. only those with proper YQ-XYZ OTP scenes minus Benjamin ).
    Last edited by xiaolong; 08-09-11 at 10:06 AM.

Oh, YH is too funny!!! I need to start following him on weibo too! (Great, now I'll be spending even more time on my computer, following FengMi is already taking up too much time... >_< I blame it on these celebs for being too cute!)

I just can't get used to mainland actors/actresses having English names, it feels so weird to me! (Like, I just cannot see YH as being a "Justin".) So I'm just going to stick with their chinese names. XD

It's pretty interesting following the weibos of celebs (yay to Sina!). Actually personality-wise, I find YH A LOT more similar to YM than LSS. Both YH & YM are equally sardonic & smart-a$$ in the way they write about various observations. Plus they like to post ham-it-up pics of themselves with their homies .

He flew back to Wuhan after filming the Lux mini-movie with YM to ham it up with his homies before starting work in Hengdian.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i51.tinypic.com/2mowknr.jpg')
    I always thought that YH/YM/HG were similar in personality--ie extroverted goofing around type (except HG is more of the good-natured goofball, while YH/YM do have more of that "rebellious" streak...and YM's form of goofing off is more of the "teasing" people type, while YH's form of goofing off is apparently doing crazy stuff with his guy friends and flirting with all his girl friends LMAO...) That's why I can totally see YH/HG/YM as fantastic friends but I think they are too similar to "date" each other (offscreen of course, onscreen couplings are a different story! )

Although, I haven't seen enough of YH's weibo but I do notice a few of YM/HG's weibos are similar in style--they often make cryptic, rather poetic-type posts that get all philosophical and leave fans scratching their head about what the heck they're going on about, LOL. (And FSF started to go down that route for a few of his posts recently too. >_<)
    Last edited by mango_cake; 08-10-11 at 02:47 PM.

Hehehe...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/48e83b38jw1dk1qje8choj.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    I always thought that YH/YM/HG were similar in personality--ie extroverted goofing around type (except HG is more of the good-natured goofball, while YH/YM do have more of that "rebellious" streak...and YM's form of goofing off is more of the "teasing" people type, while YH's form of goofing off is apparently doing crazy stuff with his guy friends and flirting with all his girl friends LMAO...) That's why I can totally see YH/HG/YM as fantastic friends but I think they are too similar to "date" each other (offscreen of course, onscreen couplings are a different story! )

Although, I haven't seen enough of YH's weibo but I do notice a few of YM/HG's weibos are similar in style--they often make cryptic, rather poetic-type posts that get all philosophical and leave fans scratching their head about what the heck they're going on about, LOL. (And FSF started to go down that route for a few of his posts recently too. >_<)
    I guess I tend to be swayed by the BTS side of celebs (you can see I'm a weibo stalker, heheh! And I actually watch out for the media interviews more than series itself at times). From the weibos and media interviews, I'd see YH & YM as the most smart-a$$ and rebellious, HG & FSF are in-between, Wallace Huo & LSS are nice, down-to-earth & introverted. LYF is introverted but kinda stand-offish. TY comes across as the model student-prefect we all know in school - top of the class and impeccable in behaviour. The strange thing is LSS seems drawn to the other edge of the spectrum, LOL. YH's weibo & interviews is a large part of why I like him. I've been getting more and more drawn in YM as I watch more of her interviews and read her weibo. That's why I'm thrilled to see a YH-YM collab. The impression of their BTS personalities tend to spill over to how I perceive them onscreen.

IDK why, I can picture YH-YM as hanging out together playing pool, but never as a real-life couple. YM needs someone a little different (tho not overly different) - HG I can see that. FSF definitely!
    Last edited by xiaolong; 08-13-11 at 01:57 AM.

His Min Guo drama seems so intriguing! I'm all for a good mystery.

I guess I tend to be swayed by the BTS side of celebs (you can see I'm a weibo stalker, heheh! And I actually watch out for the media interviews more than series itself at times).

IDK why, I can picture YH-YM as hanging out together playing pool, but never as a real-life couple. YM needs someone a little different (tho not overly different) - HG I can see that. FSF definitely!
    Heh, I am mostly drawn in by their acting first, but then their BTS/real-life personalities are what makes me totally fall in love with the actors/actresses! ^_^

And I must be biased by FengMi now, because I remember thinking that YM/HG could be really cute together in real life before...but now I only see them as really great friends. >_< (Btw...I heard some rumours that YM/HG might have gotten together for dinner back on Jul. 1 while both were in HengDian filming, apparently, but since the source is just random fans on the internet it could be totally made-up. Haha. Especially since YM recently said she hadn't seen HG in a long time...but perhaps they are just keeping it hidden due to the nasty rift between her and TR. I'd be so happy if it were true though, maybe that means she still hangs out with the rest of the CP3 cast e.g. LSS too! XD)

Anyways, bringing over some YH updates (already posted on the YM thread but it's relevant here too for YH fans--should be coming out in a few days! ) I am sooo glad YH left TR now...it's so funny that he and YM started interacting again on weibo immediately after he left TR (or so I heard since I didn't follow weibo back then) and now soon after they're collaborating again! ^_^

Trailer for Lux "mini-movie/ad": click!

Screenshots: (sadly not too many of YH since he has no one to promote for him )

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/78616bb4tw1dk2lag3dy5j.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i56.tinypic.com/igxeoo.jpg')

BTS of YH/YM:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/473df571jw1djqumybu9yj.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/48e83b38jw1dk4slyssykj.jpg')

Shots of YH at The Secret History of Princess Tai Ping set in Hengdian:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i56.tinypic.com/2uy59c3.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i53.tinypic.com/j82n4l.jpg')

*face palm* OK mango_cake, he may have one of the most interesting off-screen personalities around, plus he has really solid acting chops - the sheer range of emotions he can convey just through his eyes is breath-taking.

BUT his bod and arms are now far FAAARRR behind his buddie Hu Ge!! The guy needs to bulk up!!!

OR, he needs big heavy ethnic costumes to make up for it - re the 2nd picture of him in his Turkic prince costume, LOL.

LOL...I swear, YH have the most beautiful arms and hands for a man

OMG! His costumes are like eating him.....alive! Turn around YH, me wants to see your face in that costume...hehehe. So, is he second male lead after Sammul then?
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 08-15-11 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    OMG! His costumes are like eating him.....alive! Turn around YH, me wants to see your face in that costume...hehehe. So, is he second male lead after Sammul then?
    Zhang Han is the male lead. Alyssa Chia and Zheng Shuang are the female leads. Sammul isn't in this production.

Zhang Han is the male lead. Alyssa Chia and Zheng Shuang are the female leads. Sammul isn't in this production.
    i'd much rather YH be male lead, lol. is he 2nd male lead at least?
    and why do zhang han/zheng shuang have to absolutely be in EVERYTHING together? don't they ever get sick of each other?

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    and why do zhang han/zheng shuang have to absolutely be in EVERYTHING together? don't they ever get sick of each other?
    Not sure. I should think Zhang Han is the male lead. This is a Hunan TV production and Zhang Han is their crown prince. But the Hunan TV official weibo announced YH will take an important role.

I love that YH is finally getting some more meaty roles lately after what seemed like a loooong hiatus. Poor guy had his talent buried for way too long. I was so surprised at how few fans he has on weibo, I thought he was a lot more popular?? (Even SC has way more fans than him!) What happened to all his fans from Yang Warriors, LOCH, and CP3??

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    Lol. Well it is a general consensus that those two are dating too, so I get it--these actors are so busy that if they want to actually have a love life they have no choice but to work with each other all the time, otherwise they will never see each other. Having said that I've never seen them in anything, so I pretty much have no opinion on them either way (just seems like they are a typical idol-ish cutesy couple). But, I am slightly bitter that their fans actually get to see their many onscreen collabs and no one seems to be complaining about them going overboard, while us poor FengMi fans have been waiting and waiting forever , and only one of their projects aired (a sucky one at that), yet lots of people are already complaining that they collaborate too much! >_< Ah well, could be worse I guess, at least there is plenty of offscreen FengMi cuteness every single day without fail to keep me happily on cloud 9! Makes waiting for onscreen FengMi a lot easier.

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    I love that YH is finally getting some more meaty roles lately after what seemed like a loooong hiatus. Poor guy had his talent buried for way too long. I was so surprised at how few fans he has on weibo, I thought he was a lot more popular?? (Even SC has way more fans than him!) What happened to all his fans from Yang Warriors, LOCH, and CP3??
    But he refuses to sign with any talent agency and opts to go freelance! Maybe he's one of those people who wants to be on his own. Although it looks as though as a freelancer, he's getting better deals than when Karen was brokering deals for him, LOL.

As a freelancer, he's probably too busy to publicize his stuff properly though. It's a pity personality-wise he didn't fit in with Tangren. Even though Tangren is a boutique agency, they actually have a top-notch publicist in Wen Feng. Hence they could groom Hu Ge into a big star and one of the four shengs. It's quite a feat, considering that Tangren has only seen major success only recently. I think it's only since Strange Hero Yi Zhi Mei onwards that we see Tangren's series "shang xing" immediately - i.e. debuting on the Big Six channels (Hunan TV, CCTV, Dragon TV, Jiangsu TV, Southeast TV, Zhejiang TV)? Previously, their series only debuted in smaller provincial channels. Even CP3 debuted first on JiaXing TV, then was bought by Jiangsu TV for a second showing. It's actually most important success-wise to have the debut airing shown on a Big Six channel. Of course, BBJX is tipped to be their biggest production since it "shang xing" immediately on the powerful Hunan TV.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 08-15-11 at 10:28 PM.

But he refuses to sign with any talent agency and opts to go freelance! Maybe he's one of those people who wants to be on his own. Although it looks as though as a freelancer, he's getting better deals than when Karen was brokering deals for him, LOL.
    Yeah I definitely don't blame him, I mean look at the treatment YH got while he was in TR...Karen probably limited a lot of outside projects that YH could've taken on. Also I always felt like out of the 3 big TR actors he was always the one getting shafted! I mean obviously HG was their big money-maker so he always got first dibs on the lead roles, and LSS doesn't have to compete with HG since she's an actress so she got first dibs on the female roles. Meanwhile poor YH always got second pickings. Not to mention his more independent/rebellious personality is at serious conflict with TR's way of grooming their artists. Plus his acting style seems to suit more serious projects too (rather than the more idol-ish dramas TR tends to produce).

I can't speak for ratings or TV stations, but I'm not sure I would say Tangren's "success" has only been in recent years. Of course, it also depends on what you define as "sucess".

They've made quite some "popular high profile" series earlier in the decade such as the Legendary Siblings (Jimmy Lin ver), Lady Warriors of Yang, etc. Though, that is just the impression I get to gauge their "popularity". I don't know much of the ratings or revenue involved.

If by recently you mean in the last decade, then you'd have to take into account the mainland chinese entertainment has only really flowered in the last decade .

OMG...TR was the one who made the Jimmy Lin/Alec Su version of Legendary Siblings??!! How did I never know this!! Wow, I actually liked that series a lot (it was also SOOO much better than the disastrous butchered Nic Tse/Dicky Cheung version). I never knew TR was around for so long, for some reason I always thought CP1 was one of their first projects!

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    They've made quite some "popular high profile" series earlier in the decade such as the Legendary Siblings (Jimmy Lin ver), Lady Warriors of Yang, etc. Though, that is just the impression I get to gauge their "popularity". I don't know much of the ratings or revenue involved.

If by recently you mean in the last decade, then you'd have to take into account the mainland chinese entertainment has only really flowered in the last decade .
    Oh yeah, I forgot they had been around since the late 1990s! I guess I was only looking at their track record on Mainland TV, since I've been reading up on recent TV advertising trends in Mainland as part of my day job, heheh! I think before CP1, Tangren's series were made for CTV in Taiwan and weren't aired in Mainland? And yes, I LOOOVVE Jimmy & Alec's version of Legendary Siblings! Kevin Cheng also had a role in that series. Although I always associated Jimmy & Alec's Legendary Siblings and Lady Warriors of the Yang as Taiwanese series.