Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Gilbert Lam (林韋辰)

Hey Honam and Paifong fans

*Just wanted to share*

I just created a new MV on this couple, here's the link to watch (using the opening themesong from Heroine of the Yangs) - Featuring scenes on Honam and Paifong:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8KIX...nofeather=True

Otherwise pls visit my website www.freewebs.com/kikotsukino
    for more MV links to watch on this couple (the above have been posted on youtube also in 'public' - I hope you will like this mv i made
    Last edited by KikoTsukino; 11-11-10 at 06:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KikoTsukino View Post
    Hey Honam and Paifong fans

*Just wanted to share*

I just created a new MV on this couple, here's the link to watch (using the opening themesong from Heroine of the Yangs) - Featuring scenes on Honam and Paifong:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8KIX...nofeather=True

Otherwise pls visit my website www.freewebs.com/kikotsukino
    for more MV links to watch on this couple (the above have been posted on youtube also in 'public' - I hope you will like this mv i made
    Hi! I just visited your youtube page and looked at your mv. Nice. Captures the essense of the Ho Nam & Pai Fung romance nicely. My fav is the one you used the themesong from thr other ATV Yang family series (the one with jackie Lui) as the background song. Keep up the good work.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Hi! I just visited your youtube page and looked at your mv. Nice. Captures the essense of the Ho Nam & Pai Fung romance nicely. My fav is the one you used the themesong from thr other ATV Yang family series (the one with jackie Lui) as the background song. Keep up the good work.
    Thank you so very much for taking your time to watch my MV

Very much appreciated, and i'm glad that you like the other one also with the ATV Yang family series. Hehehe (I like that one to - my fav music also ^^

Here is another MV i recently made on season II (after editing so many times >.<) on Cheung Ngau/Honam and Paifong
    [COLOR=#800080]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj5fYL4md-o (Re-uploaded again for re-edited the clips again)..[/COLOR]

Please enjoy this MV anyways - Honam may not be as charming like he is in Part I, but... this couple will forever leave a deep memory for me - I still love them.

Do enjoy, if you do not feel like watching it - that's fine, I understand (only wanted to share).

But if you do happen to watch it, leave me a comment and let me know what you think?

Thanks
    Last edited by KikoTsukino; 11-28-10 at 07:56 AM.

I was bored so was looking up Gilbert in tuduo and came across this edited clip.
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/oSq5HdOxMjY

Definately the most hilarious clip I have seen in this year.
    Its a made up story about what happens if "Norman Tsui" replaced Pai Fong when trapped in the ravine with Ho Nam. Its non-verbal but the captions in chinese are faboulous. Cracked me up seriously so i wanted you guys to look at it as well. It's seriously playing on the For Dim and Kwun Ching's suspicious relationship from "Interpol". Weird but funny if you get it.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Yikes!! I think Gilbert has lost his mind!!!
    But despite that, he actually looks quite okay dressed like that!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://imgsrc.baidu.com/forum/pic/item/5dcd6881a334e493bc3e1e98.jpg')
    Cyril Connolly

Hey, has anyone seen this excellently well-made MV of Gilbert Lam in Heroine of the Yangs?! I don't know if it has been posted here before...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZEoP...C7G74&index=11

Default Has loved Haonam for 10 years

Because I loved Haonam so much, I do hope I have chances to meet Gilbert Lam one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Eva Yin View Post
    Because I loved Haonam so much, I do hope I have chances to meet Gilbert Lam one day.
    I think have loved Honam for 10 years at least, too! I still love that guy. So cool and evil! There used to be a really good Gilbert Lam thread here years ago with tons of discussion on Honam and Paifong, but it got deleted due to inactivity. If you go to the Heroine of the Yangs thread here in the ATV series section, there's some renewed discussion on Honam, Paifong, and the series Heroine of the Yangs.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I think have loved Honam for 10 years at least, too! I still love that guy. So cool and evil! There used to be a really good Gilbert Lam thread here years ago with tons of discussion on Honam and Paifong, but it got deleted due to inactivity. If you go to the Heroine of the Yangs thread here in the ATV series section, there's some renewed discussion on Honam, Paifong, and the series Heroine of the Yangs.
    The main reason for a dwindle in Gilbert Lam discussion is because he hasn't been doing anything for the last 4 years. He appears on ATV still but nothing majorly interesting that will attract new fans or new discussion. All we have is the fond memories of him back in the 90's back at ATV but nearly all topics have been explored.

I am always available if anyone wants to talk about Gilbert though.
    Cyril Connolly

Was just doing my routine Youtube search of Gilbert and found this interview to share. Gilbert mainly talks about his fav series "The Mad Phoenix" and his current career as an ATV host and a stage actor. Enjoy.

Cyril Connolly

Thanks for posting the above video, charby. I haven't had a chance to watch it yet but saw Gilbert's magenta-colored hair and horrible outfit. I'm almost at the point where I would rather avoid seeing my favorite celebrities' fashion sense off screen just so I could preserve their suave, handsome image in my mind. Non celebrities do not have such outrageous fashion sense; I just don't understand why celebrities, especially males ones, feel they need to dress in such a way.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Thanks for posting the above video, charby. I haven't had a chance to watch it yet but saw Gilbert's magenta-colored hair and horrible outfit. I'm almost at the point where I would rather avoid seeing my favorite celebrities' fashion sense off screen just so I could preserve their suave, handsome image in my mind. Non celebrities do not have such outrageous fashion sense; I just don't understand why celebrities, especially males ones, feel they need to dress in such a way.
    I have to say, since Gilbert stopped acting in series, his look has been quite outrageous at times. First he had that brown straw-like medium length hair with large glasses and now he has that curly purple hair which is an improvement. His outfits have always been strange, you should see some of the stuff he wears on stage as a host. He only sort of looks OK at the Miss Asia pageants. I am not sure if Gilbert is going thru a mid-life crisis trying to look young and fashionable next to his young GF that is half his age, but if anyone sees Gilbert, please tell him to cut his hair.

Hopefully when he does some stage productions, he will have make his hairstyle a bit more conservative.
    Cyril Connolly

Personally, I really don't understand why men in show biz need to dress flamboyantly. Maybe I'm too old-fashioned and prefer conservative hairstyles and wardrobe on men. I think Gilbert looks great for his age and would look even greater if he were to have normal short hair, minus the weird hair dye job. I would hope his young GF is attracted to his character and his maturity rather than how outrageous he dresses.

Currently feverish after being caught in the rain last week but just dropping by to report my findings on my regular three monthly google searches regarding our dear Gilbert.

Apparently, Gilbert had just finished off a new Mainland series called "蘭陵王妃" where he plays an important role as the Emperor of Zhou's scheming villainous cousin, Yuwen Hu. Here is the Wikipedia link in Chinese: http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E8%98%...8E%8B%E5%A6%83 Hopefully it will air towards the end of the year.

I found some pics of Gilbert in ancient costume and he looks good (not young anymore (gees, he is in his 50's how ) but handsome in a mature way). Thank heavens he finally dyed his hair back to black. But I am not allowed to post the pics here so if you can see at this link. http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2771229472

In truth, after the disappointing version with William Feng and Ariel Lin, I really am not interested in seeing another series with a similar storyline lest the perfect image of the mysterious Prince of Lan Ling that resides inside my mind be further tainted. Plus I am not familiar with any of the other casts and the costumes and masks in the stills looks weird. However, I will make an exception for our dear old Gilbert.

I am happy that Gilbert is finally back to acting and we can see more of him on screen now that ATV has shoved him to the side when choosing casts for their new series "New Reincarnated". However, will I be pleased to know that his character is going to be brutally killed off halfway thru the series in a stupid way? Not really! But I do like handsome ancient power-hungry villains so I will tune in to support him. Just a pity that he will be dubbed cos his enunciation of long ancient speeches is perfect.

Will post more stuff I find on my next GL google search. Hope he films more series in Mainland China and cross-fingers that in the future, some producer who like the Nam-Fung pairing casts him in the same series as Annie when she return to acting from maternity leave.
    Cyril Connolly

seems like his topic has been inactived quite long time, also has no new drama/serie of him as well . Be a crazy fan of Nam - Fong since 2002 at the first time of watching "Heroine of Yang". I am not good at chinese, so really hard to search for his news/updates. Hope some member could find and share. Recently re-watch 2 parts of the serie and missing them alot . My ever favourite couple with no replacement since more than past 10 years <3 <3 <3

Quote Originally Posted by pippoinzaghi View Post
    seems like his topic has been inactived quite long time, also has no new drama/serie of him as well . Be a crazy fan of Nam - Fong since 2002 at the first time of watching "Heroine of Yang". I am not good at chinese, so really hard to search for his news/updates. Hope some member could find and share. Recently re-watch 2 parts of the serie and missing them alot . My ever favourite couple with no replacement since more than past 10 years <3 <3 <3
    He recently appeared at TVB's launch of their new channel MyTV SUPER along with other ATV stars. It seems that in their new channel, TVB may broadcast old ATV shows that they had purchased. I hope it is a sign that TVB may recruit these ATV veterans for future projects. But it seems like our dear Gilbert has dyed his hair blue now. Why? Mid-life crisis?
    Cyril Connolly

Update on out dear old Gilbert:
    (1) He has guest-starred in ep 2 & 3 of Gary Tang's "The Hiddens" which is showing on TVB J2 now. He plays a cocky lawyer thug.
    (2) "Princess of Lan Ling King" is showing now on Mango. Gilbert will be playing the villain for the first part of the show which revolves around the Zhou Kingdom. So far, he is doing fine though aged. Still looks good in armour.
    (3) Gilbert has signed on to an upcoming TVB drama with Sisley, Vincent Wong and Ali Lee. He plays a lawyer (pls TVB, don't give him a villain role) so looks like we are up for Gilbert looking smart in suits again (woohoo! ).
    Cyril Connolly