• Yang Guo wins

18 37.50%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Z3F vs Yang Guo

Default Z3F vs Yang Guo

alright, i have never seen a thread like this before so i'm going to add it

Tai Chi Chuan vs Sad Palm
    parts of 9 yang vs parts of 9 yin
    Tai Chi Sword vs DGQB sword art (duel with wooden sword)

so who will win???

both of them have a little in common

Z3F only knows part of 9 yang, while YG only knows part of 9 Yin

Both of them uses wooden sword at the end

they can match up with first rated fighters in young age
    Last edited by Loke-Gao-Zhu; 11-09-06 at 08:37 PM.

Being the biased YG fanboy that I am...I went for YG.....
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

Z3F will be wielding it so slowly and gently while Yang Guo will be trying to wield it like a HIS.

You should have gave YG the HIS.

Another control question: at what age are the two of them supposed to be in this hypothetical duel? Yeung Gor was a Great at age thirty-six. What about Cheung 3 Fung? We know how powerful he was at ninety and at a hundred, but we don't know how good he was at age thirty-six.

probably at their strongest form that appears in Novels, HSDS Z3F vs ROCH Yang Guo

hmmmm that would be a bit unfair, Zhang Zhun Bao already have better internal energy than He Ju Dao

Quote Originally Posted by Loke-Gao-Zhu
    probably at their strongest form that appears in Novels, HSDS Z3F vs ROCH Yang Guo

hmmmm that would be a bit unfair, Zhang Zhun Bao already have better internal energy than He Ju Dao
    Cheung Gwun Bo (when he still went by that name) wasn't ready to face Yeung Gor or any other Great.

On the other hand, old Cheung 3 Fung (at ninety or a hundred) might be just a little *too* old: he loses nothing in skill or power, but his stamina is not going to match a thirty-six year old young man's.

but his internal abundance and purity are better.
    It's also likely his techniques are more sophisticated.
    Z3F also has more experience.

YG pretty much only has an advantage in terms of age.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

YG has one of the most aggersive inner powers, ZSF at age 80 had equal inner power equal to the greats, through he probably had achieved this much earlier(fifty+). he spent a great deal of time and effort creating his own school of martial arrs, YG already was versed in several schools, at least two which were equal to wudang in philosophy and depht. YG by 80 would probably have improved his inner power's purity and created several new skills, simce he had roughly 45 to 50 yrs to practise. so YG vs ZSF at the same age, Yg probably has the advantage, even ZBT, a ZSF level in soft type skills had difficulty with yang guo's strikes.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

but his internal abundance and purity are better.
    Na, with old age your abundance of internal energy decreases. This was hinted at when ZWJ passed his 9YSG into Z3F. And as far as abundant energy goes, YG was king of the hill in ROCH after the 16 years.

Technique and expirence wise im also not convinced. Yg fought alot of opponents through out his life, although proboally not as many as Z3F the quality of his opponents should be much higher. I highly doubt that Z3F had faced a great level fighter in his life time. Also there is no proof that anything Z3F invented was superior to YG's techniques. Throw in the fact that YG also possess 6-7 of the top skills in his era I dont think that Z3F would have too much over YG if anything.

I do agree Z3F holds the advantage in terms of purity though, he was proboally unsurpassed by anybody in the whole condor trilogy in that catagory.

One thing I am curious about is the reasoning behind people believing that YG does not have pure/refined internal energy. YD believed that YG did not posses pure Yang energy due to the agressivness of his roar, but does that mean his internal power is not pure(refined)? IIRC one pargraph actually states that YG's internal power was pure.
    Last edited by duguxiaojing; 11-09-06 at 10:57 PM.
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Can we have a tie? I think it'd be pretty close.
    I agree with Ken. I was looking for the option: Tie or Undecisive.

I think they would tie but unless if we know exactly how powerful YG is versus Z3F at same age then its really hard to decide. I'd vote for YG since there is no tie option.

Zhaaaaaaaaaangggggggggg Saaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnn Feeeeeeeeeengggggggggggggggg!!!!! I have no doubt about that.

Yang Guo's one-armedness is probably his weakest link. Perhaps Zhang Sanfeng, being the genius that he has a reputation for, can devise a strategy to put a Yang Guo to his disadvantage. But Yang Guo is also quite smart, so he might not fall for it. And Zhang Sanfeng is old, although his power would be more refined, but that might not actually help him much. Because in actual combat we have seen Yideng's refineness did not cover him enough to match Jinlun Guoshi's great power. So there is absolutely no way for me to say who would win.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

that is actually because Yideng's Solitary Yang Finger was too stressing to use. Remember ZBT? He once talked about how Solitary Yang Finger is extremely stressing and takes a chunk of energy away and it did so for WCY's final move. So even for Yideng's refined power at his age, he may still feel stressed out.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚

The point is that how refined your power is may not translate into combat effectiveness at all.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    The point is that how refined your power is may not translate into combat effectiveness at all.
    not neccesary. In Z3F's case, controll can be useful especially along with an art like Taichi that stresses "just the right amount of energy".

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    not neccesary. In Z3F's case, controll can be useful especially along with an art like Taichi that stresses "just the right amount of energy".
    But we have NEVER seen anyone use Taiji to overcome a greater opponent. Zhang Sanfeng and Zhang Wuji were already unsurpassed in HSDS, and they had no opportunity to meet an equal or greater foe to showcase their refined art. Thus, it might not be valid to apply the theory to actual combat.

I personally think Z3F's theory is good enough to be valid. He is a lot like the Albert Einstein of martial arts.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

when it comes to theory, it's hard to surpress DGKB.

personally i think yang guo might have an edge in inner power as well. he was able to send out guo xiang's bangles with enough force to knock away nimoxiang's crutches from a distances away. he didn't use blast of power, but it was concentrated and powerful. ZSF's soft and pure would have some trouble coping with that.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/