Thread: The Other Side of the Horizon

Default The Other Side of the Horizon

I was wondering if anyone recognises this wonderful classic? I see that no information is available about this series... Was tehre any problem with this one?

"Ma Vuc Dao Nguyen" also known as "The Other Side of the Horizon"

Quote Originally Posted by purifier
    I was wondering if anyone recognises this wonderful classic? I see that no information is available about this series... Was tehre any problem with this one?

Andy and Angie are the leads. I heard it was a pretty sad ending.

Yes... Its been a long time since I've seen that.. I saw it when I was a child... But I do remember seeing a very sad ending... By any chance is the theme song available anywhere? It is so strange that I somehow feel everybody wants to forget about this series...There's no record of it anywhere except its title name... I just love the theme song but believe me, I've been searching for it for the last 10 years but in vain...

I thought the series was really promising. However, as I watched on I wasn't particularly attracted by the storyline.

i have it on dvd...i like the fight scenes...but i have it dubbed in cambodian, and the voices make me wanna kill myself...it's so hard to watch
    I'm not even Chinese or Thai, but I am obsessed with their TV series. Current obsession: Ken Theeradeth Wonpuapan. He has super good looks and is very talented.

Can you please please cut just the title song and upload it to rapidshare.com? I've been dying to have that title song for 15 years now!! Please! I don't get Cds or DVDs of Chinese TV series in my place...

This is absolutely the worst ancient series of Andy Lau....
    The acting of all the artist are good, nothing to complain about but the storyline is awful.... Even Tin Long Kip (Thien Lang Kiep), the super low budget ancient series of Andy Lau is by far better...

I actually liked this series of Andy, but just hated the part where Andy died.. That part was really STUPID!! The overall plot was actually ok and not too bad. I think I am one of the few that actually like this series. I am a big fan of Andy and Angie, but the plot of a series is the most important thing to me. The overall ending was sad(besides the part where Andy died since it was so dumb) but still ok.

I saw this series of Andy way back then when it first came out. My mom HATED it due to the ending. Therefore, now if I want to see this series again, I have watch it behind my mom's back or else she will complain.

I am shocked that TC didn't like this series since I thought he loved every series from the 80s.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by purifier View Post
    Can you please please cut just the title song and upload it to rapidshare.com? I've been dying to have that title song for 15 years now!! Please! I don't get Cds or DVDs of Chinese TV series in my place...
    I have that song. If you want it, just PM me. I was looking for it for many many years too. Luckily, my friend just found the full song!!! I was so happy!! If you want it, you can contact me.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Default The Other Side of the Horizon

I saw this series ages ago and I don't remember liking it. I still remember bits and pieces of it. Should I try rewatching it to refresh my memory?

If you seen this series with Angie Chiu, Andy Lau, Lawerence Ng, and others, did you like it?

Edit: I guess I should forget it.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 02-14-10 at 08:59 PM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Hi SS,

I saw this series when it first came out and actually liked it a lot, except for the part when Andy died. I just rewatched it again awhile ago and still remember everything. Judging from what I know how you judge series, I don't think you will like it but you can see it again if you have time. The part where Andy died was really stupid though. What happened at the end was

click to show/hide spoilers
    After Andy had a duel with Lawrence, Andy lost since he used up all of his internal energy saving Angie so was really weak. He then wanted to die, but Lawrence stopped him and told him that on this earth there was no such thing as Tao Yuan. Then Andy sort of went crazy and kept asking himself if there was such a thing as Tao Yuan in this world... As he was walking along injured, this one dude just stabbed him out of no where so he just died. Lawrence was then walking back to Wu Dang but then fell down this secret passage where Elaine Chow was waiting for him. Elaine wanted to lock him up in that passage for life to punish him for all of his bad deeds because she loved him and did not have the heart to kill him. Then Angie comes to pick up Andy's body. When she was trying to pick it up, the people in Wu Lin saw that she had the history book of Wu Lin and were trying to fight over it. In the process, they tore it to bits. Angie was sad but then did not care and just took Andy' s body away to bury it. Then she just went around telling people the story about their secret garden....
    Last edited by Trinie; 02-16-10 at 09:13 PM.

Cool

No, there is no problem with this series. I personally liked it, but it was not as popular as series like ROCH, LOCH, OR HSDS. This series is watchable. However, if you don't have the VHS tape, you will need to wait for the uncut version to be released because the VCD version was cut by 50% or more (i think).
    Quote Originally Posted by purifier View Post

Quote Originally Posted by jungjen View Post
    No, there is no problem with this series. I personally liked it, but it was not as popular as series like ROCH, LOCH, OR HSDS. This series is watchable. However, if you don't have the VHS tape, you will need to wait for the uncut version to be released because the VCD version was cut by 50% or more (i think).
    Yea, I enjoyed this series as well but yea, it was not as popular as ROCH, LOCH and other JY series. BXJ was also not that popular either. Yea, the VCD version was heavily cut that it was ridiculous. I just hated the part where ANdy died. Gosh was that stupid....

I just remember watching this a long time ago and thought it was pretty good. I just didn't like the ending.