View Poll Results: Which Soccer League Do You Enjoy Most ?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • English Premier League

7 70.00%
  • Spanish Primera

2 20.00%
  • Italian Serie A

1 10.00%
  • German Bundesliga

0 0%

Thread: SOCCER [ FOOTBALL ]

Default SOCCER [ FOOTBALL ]

Football (also known as association football or soccer) is a team sport played between two teams, of 11 players each, and is widely considered to be the most popular sport in the world. It is a ball game played on a rectangular grass field (or occasionally on an artificial pitch) with a goal at each end. The object of the game is to score by maneuvering the ball into the opposing goal. The predominant feature of the sport is that no players other than the goalkeepers may use their hands or arms to propel the ball in general play. The winner is the team who score the most goals by the end of the match.

[I]The modern game was codified in England following the formation of the Football Association, whose 1863 Laws of the Game created the foundations for the way the sport is played today. Football is governed internationally by Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA). The most prestigious international football competition is the World Cup, played every four years, which is also the most widely viewed and famous sporting event in the world, watched by twice as many people as the Summer Olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    Football (also known as association football or soccer) is a team sport played between two teams, of 11 players each, and is widely considered to be the most popular sport in the world. It is a ball game played on a rectangular grass field (or occasionally on an artificial pitch) with a goal at each end. The object of the game is to score by maneuvering the ball into the opposing goal. The predominant feature of the sport is that no players other than the goalkeepers may use their hands or arms to propel the ball in general play. The winner is the team who score the most goals by the end of the match.

[I]The modern game was codified in England following the formation of the Football Association, whose 1863 Laws of the Game created the foundations for the way the sport is played today. Football is governed internationally by Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA). The most prestigious international football competition is the World Cup, played every four years, which is also the most widely viewed and famous sporting event in the world, watched by twice as many people as the Summer Olympics.
    ????

Uhh yeah? What's the point of this topic? o.O;
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Strange post.

My answer is: Yes
    All that's needed to say have been said, why say anything more? The man is drunk, why stay any longer?....
    Quote Originally Posted by Question
    if CarMAN Lee hair is green, then am sure carMAN #$%@ a dog to give birth to you.

Obviously it's for ppl to come here and discuss about soccer ~

Personally i enjoy the Hyundai A-League most. However, i'm very bias. My fav. team have currently replaced its old coach with a new one. A former coach of the national team, incidently.

Out of the options it's hard to tell. I watch EPL the most out of the leagues there. However, i vastly enjoy watching the Serie A due to liking Internazionale, despite them being so frustrating to watch, lol. So i'd probably say Serie A.
    Quote Originally Posted by yittz
    And then the massacre, where the meeting of killing XF, became the gathering of being killed by XF.
    Beautifully put.

For me...there's not doubt abt EPL ...

most entertaining league in the world.

Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by JigSta
    Strange post.
    Agree

Football only to UK other countries is Soccer

In terms of entertainment, talent, and overall depth, the Spanish Primera Liga has no peers.

Though the Bundesliga 1st Division is quite entertaining as well. The EPL just isn't competitive throughout anymore, and the Serie A is fixed, so doesn't count.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

Quote Originally Posted by Moinllieon
    In terms of entertainment, talent, and overall depth, the Spanish Primera Liga has no peers.

Though the Bundesliga 1st Division is quite entertaining as well. The EPL just isn't competitive throughout anymore, and the Serie A is fixed, so doesn't count.

epl not competitve ? are you kidding??

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    epl not competitve ? are you kidding??
    No, I'm not. Let's compare league tables shall we? A simple look at the top will prove my point.

1. Barcelona 29
    2. Sevilla 28
    3. Real Madrid 26
    4. Real Zaragoza 23

Four teams within 6 points of each other. Consists of the CL Champs, the UEFA Cup holder, the best midfielder and the best defender in the world. I don't think anyone would argue that the Primera Liga is better/more competitive.

1. Schalke 04 29
    2. Werder Bremen 27
    3. VfB Stuttgart 27
    4. Bayern Munich 26

Even more competitive.

Now let's look at the EPL

1. Man Utd 38
    2. Chelsea 35
    3. Portsmouth 24
    4. Bolton 24

Two team race much? How can you make the argument that the league is competitive if only 2 teams out of 20 has a chance to win the league?

Unless, you've been watching the EPL so much that you've been forgetting what real competition means. Need I remind you that, the last 3 seasons in the EPL, title had been wrapped up by Christmas? Remember? That's the same situation as the SPL, how is THAT competitive?
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

Quote Originally Posted by Moinllieon
    No, I'm not. Let's compare league tables shall we? A simple look at the top will prove my point.

1. Barcelona 29
    2. Sevilla 28
    3. Real Madrid 26
    4. Real Zaragoza 23

Four teams within 6 points of each other. Consists of the CL Champs, the UEFA Cup holder, the best midfielder and the best defender in the world. I don't think anyone would argue that the Primera Liga is better/more competitive.

1. Schalke 04 29
    2. Werder Bremen 27
    3. VfB Stuttgart 27
    4. Bayern Munich 26

Even more competitive.

Now let's look at the EPL

1. Man Utd 38
    2. Chelsea 35
    3. Portsmouth 24
    4. Bolton 24

Two team race much? How can you make the argument that the league is competitive if only 2 teams out of 20 has a chance to win the league?

Unless, you've been watching the EPL so much that you've been forgetting what real competition means. Need I remind you that, the last 3 seasons in the EPL, title had been wrapped up by Christmas? Remember? That's the same situation as the SPL, how is THAT competitive?

ohh well.. ok then

GO THE SOCCEROOS!!!!! WHOO HOO!! i dunno but i prefer 'soccer' than 'football'. Football already exists, to all those who live in australia. AFL!!!
    Sometimes it's hard to love someone because you're so afraid of losing them.