Thread: A discussion on the Sweeper Monk and Kiu Fung's Hong Lung 18 Palms

Default A discussion on the Sweeper Monk and Kiu Fung's Hong Lung 18 Palms

Just wanted to know where does sweeps wanted to test out XF's XL18Z, any evidence???

Also I don't believe Sweeps knew either 9 Yin or 9 Yang as they were not invented then, they were created at the beginning of LOCH by Huang Shang and supposedly Damo.
    Last edited by dracnom; 11-05-06 at 04:30 AM.
    爱是最最奇幻的魔术
    让人都要对它趋之若鹜
    这场魔术都是要结束
    真爱是箭在弦上不认输

Quote Originally Posted by dracnom
    Just wanted to know where does sweeps wanted to test out XF's XL18Z, any evidence???

Also I don't believe Sweeps knew either 9 Yin or 9 Yang as they were not invented then, they were created at the beginning of LOCH by Huang Shang and supposedly Damo.

I've already answered the question on the other thread, but if you don't believe me, then that's fine. You're more than welcome to get a 2nd person's info. Btw, Sweeps appeared in chapter 42 or 43 of the DGSD novel so you can get your answer there too.

As for Sweeps knowing 9 Yin or 9 Yang, who said that??? I didn't see anyone saying that. Of course he does not know 9 Yin for most people already knew that 9 Yin was created after DGSD by Huang Shang. Also, in the 1st edition of HSDS, 9 Yang was created by Damo. In the 2nd edition, it was created by some monk. In the 3rd edition, it was created by some guy who composed it after reading 9 Yin.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

萧峰大惊,这老僧既能一掌打死慕容博,也能打死父亲,大声喝道:“住手!”
    双掌齐出,向那老僧当胸猛击过去。他对那老僧本来十分敬仰,但这时为了相救父
    亲,只有全力奋击。那老僧伸出左掌,将萧峰双掌推来之力一挡,右掌却仍是拍向
    萧远山头顶。

萧远山全没想到抵御,眼见那老僧的右掌正要碰到他脑门,那老僧突然大喝一
    声,右掌改向萧峰击去。

萧峰双掌之力正要他左掌相持,突见他右掌转而袭击自己,当即抽出左掌抵挡,
    同时叫道:“爹爹,快走,快走!”不料那老僧右掌这一招中途变向,纯真虚招,
    只是要引开萧峰双掌中的一掌之力,以减轻推向自身的力道。萧峰左掌一回,那老
    僧的右掌立即圈转,波的一声轻响,已击中了萧远山的顶门。

便在此时,萧峰的右掌已跟着击到,砰的一声呼,重重打中那老僧胸口,跟着
    喀喇喇几声,肋骨断了几根。那老僧微微一笑,道:“好俊的功夫!降龙十八掌,
    果然天下第一。”这个“一”字一说出,口中一股鲜血跟着直喷了出来。
    this is the part XF vs Sweeps (chapter 43), basically sumarised (using my poor translation skills) it says,

Xiao Feng was shocked by Sweeps attacking his dad, so he uses all his energy into two palm strikes, sweeps just uses left palm to meet XF's palms while his right palm is aiming for Xiao Yuan Shan forehead.

XYS didn't think of dodging, he could see sweeps palm about to hit his head, but sweeps right palm suddenly changes direction and aims at XF.

XF's both palm energy was about to hit Sweeps left palm, however seeing the right palm attacking him, he uses his left palm to block and shouts "dad quickly go" however he didn't think Sweeps right palm would suddenly change direction, a fake palm, it was to lead away one of XF's palm energy, which would reduce the energy of the palm strike aiming at his body. XF's left palm returned, sweeps palm immediately swept in circles and hit XYS's forehead.

at this time XF's right palm already arrived, and heavily hits sweeps chest and breaks few of sweeps ribs. Sweeps faintly smiles and says "Really handsome martial arts! Xiang Long 18 Zhang, really the worlds number one.

sorry bout the poor translation.
    Last edited by dracnom; 11-05-06 at 04:52 AM.
    爱是最最奇幻的魔术
    让人都要对它趋之若鹜
    这场魔术都是要结束
    真爱是箭在弦上不认输

Quote Originally Posted by dracnom

I believe that first question has been given as satisfiable answer.

On the other hand, Sweeper did not learn 9Yin/Yang.
    9 Yin was created during Song Huizong's reign who started ruling 7 years after the end of DGSD. The emperor of DGSD is Song Zhezong ruling from 1085-1100. DGSD was 1093. Song Huizong ruled from 1100-1125. So there you go. It's impossible for Sweeper to have known 9 Yin because it DIDN'T EXIST!

After the revisions of the 3rd edition of HSDS, the origins of 9 Yang were cleared up in a VERY stupid way. And based on this new revision, it's impossible for Sweeper to know 9 Yang as well. The date GJ was born was around 1203/1204. Hua Shan 1st tournament was 5 years earlier than GJ's birth date. So that makes it around 1198/1199. After WCY won the tournament, within the next 3 years(which was before his death), he had that incident with the Daoist. So basically, 9 Yang at earliest was created in 1199, over a 100 years after Sweeper Monk.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

Quote Originally Posted by Bai Qi44
    I've already answered the question on the other thread
    May I know which thread?
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

I do believe Sweeper Monk reached the ultimate level of Yi Jin Jing.
    Other than him, I can't think of anyone else who could make Yi Jin Jing become one of the most famous methods of inner energy cultivation.
    Last edited by RongYingMin; 11-07-06 at 04:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RongYingMin
    I do believe Sweeper Monk reached the ultimate level of Yi Jin Jing.
    Other than him, I can't think of anyone else who could make Yi Jin Jing become one of the most famous methods of inner energy cultivation.
    If its because of him, YJJ wouldn't have been famous since no one knew about him!

DGSD's YJJ fame is from the fact that no one could master it.

Plus the fact that it was created by Pimp Daddy DAMO is enough to make any kung fu famous.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    If its because of him, YJJ wouldn't have been famous since no one knew about him!
    DGSD's YJJ fame is from the fact that no one could master it.
    Plus the fact that it was created by Pimp Daddy DAMO is enough to make any kung fu famous.
    Perhaps SMonk was a very famous monk in the past. After becoming so powerful due to mastering YJJ and 72 elite skills, he killed a lot foes of Shaolin.
    Afterwards, he felt deeply regret for having been ruthless so he dicided to seclude from Janghu for several decades and then returned to Showlin temple in the dress of an unknown sweeper monk.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    May I know which thread?
    Yes which thread?

My take on this? I don't buy the idea that Sweeper wanted to test the strength of the DP _and_ deliberately lowered his chi defence. If he wanted to let his chi-defence down, why bother with the fake palm to divert half the power away? Might as well put up the full shield and take the full hit. Why take half the hit if you really wanted to witness its power?
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!