Thread: Anyone remember an old drama "Qi Yuan"??

Default Anyone remember an old drama "Qi Yuan"??

It was a very old series about all sorts of supernatural stories including fox spirits, ghosts, fairy etc etc, each as a standalone story in the series... Does anyone recalled this story in Qi Yuan 1 (if I remember correctly) that talks about the reincarnation of Li Wen Hai and Zheng Wan Ling? Anyone still remembers the title of that story?

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree
    It was a very old series about all sorts of supernatural stories including fox spirits, ghosts, fairy etc etc, each as a standalone story in the series... Does anyone recalled this story in Qi Yuan 1 (if I remember correctly) that talks about the reincarnation of Li Wen Hai and Zheng Wan Ling? Anyone still remembers the title of that story?
    Yeah, I think this was one of the most amazing series that Mediacorp ever made. I love the sequels as well. The storylines were magical, fantastical and they get to you, esp the ancient ones.

I like the ones aired in 1995. I think Zhong Qin and Huang Sufang? were in that sequel.

I love the sountrack of the first one.

LOL maybe they should try remakes of classic tv shows, just like how hollywood remakes classic movies and even tv shows...
    A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. You think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a ****ing cross? It's like going up to Jackie Onassis wearing a rifle pendant.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanner
    LOL maybe they should try remakes of classic tv shows, just like how hollywood remakes classic movies and even tv shows...
    Yeah! I agree... just like how TVB remakes some of their old serials from time to time...

Found the opening video of Qi Yuan 1 on Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArmNG...elated&search=

Thanks convoy for posting up the songs on youtube. Mediacorp really has some nice shows back then. I love the songs Qi Yuan and King of Hades. They get to people.

I remember this series and I love it, its mysterious, haunting, romantic and beautiful at the same time.plus the theme song was very good, totally matched the series. Actually, there were many good old series..others I can think of include, Jun Zi Hao Qiu (very funny) and Mi li Ye (both the theme and sub-theme were great!). For the more recent productions, I really like Fu Man Ren Jian.

Yeah!! I think Mediacorp should put these popular old dramas on Mobtv... really miss it...

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    I remember this series and I love it, its mysterious, haunting, romantic and beautiful at the same time.plus the theme song was very good, totally matched the series. Actually, there were many good old series..others I can think of include, Jun Zi Hao Qiu (very funny) and Mi li Ye (both the theme and sub-theme were great!). For the more recent productions, I really like Fu Man Ren Jian.
    Yes exactly! I really love all the period stories.

Why don't they put them onto DVD and sell them overseas too. I'm sure some people will love them like we do, certain things are universal.