Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zhou Jie anyone?

Smile Zhou Jie anyone?

ha..ain't he cute!?

I liked his performance in the HZGG series. Although, I think that's about the only series I've seen him in.

yeah i guess....

i like him as er kang too! he is not really handsome but he is cool! liked his character...

ive seen him in HZGG, and as bao qing tian, and this other series, but i dont remember what it was though.
    hes a pretty good actor.

He's not a bad actor...never thought of him as much in terms of looks though. I think he did a good job in HZGG 3 compared to the rest of the cast, but Er Kang was never my fave character (Su Youpeng and his Yong Qi kind of won my heart). I've only seen him in HZGG and LOCH. Is he doing any series/movies lately?
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

He looked awkward as Yang Kang, I mean I can still picture him as the half bald Er Kang. I didn't like Er Kang after he just loves Ruby's character and totally forget everyone else.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Senior Member invisible_dolphinbay's Avatar

his erkang was so sour and scary if you know what i mean.
    dolphin_bay

Well, out of the main four in HZGG, Er Kang was my least fave...yeah he was scary and kind of intimidating. Like how he wanted to kill Xiao Yan Zi after she lost Zi Wei (which I admit was stupid, but for god's sake, it's Xiao Yan Zi, don't expect too much...plus she's too cute to be so mean to). However, I do respect his devotion towards Zi Wei, although it isn't depicted in the best ways.

I've heard mixed reviews about his Yang Kang...I've actually only gotten through a few episodes of LOCH, so I don't really know for sure yet what I think. Although I imagined Yang Kang a little more handsome...
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

haha. let's renew the 'I dislike Er Kang" debate we had on the HZGG3 thread. Or you had and I read, anyway. it was entertaining. but yeah, Er Kang was extremely aggressive and scary at times. I guess he kind of balances out the gentle Zi wei.

I've on seen him in HZGG and Young Judge Bao, which he was all right in. it's weird to think of him in another role than Er Kang though

Quote Originally Posted by invisible_dolphinbay
    his erkang was so sour and scary if you know what i mean.
    hha..ha...i guess!he kinda make me think dumb of him when he always worries too much!

Quote Originally Posted by hmschocolate
    haha. let's renew the 'I dislike Er Kang" debate we had on the HZGG3 thread. Or you had and I read, anyway. it was entertaining. but yeah, Er Kang was extremely aggressive and scary at times. I guess he kind of balances out the gentle Zi wei.

I've on seen him in HZGG and Young Judge Bao, which he was all right in. it's weird to think of him in another role than Er Kang though
    Yeah agreed that he is extremely aggressive and scary but still he just gets irrational.

I much prefer Yong Qi's angry behavior rather than Er Kang's aggressive anger. It just seem kind of out of character for him to just lose his composure. I'd probably like Xiao Jian than Er Kang. I'm still surprised about when Yong Qi first stole a kiss from XYZ, who knew he was that bold!
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I think Yong Qi is incredibly sweet. I mean, he's willing to do so much for Xiao Yan Zi, but at the same time his passion and love is never quite as aggressive as Er Kang. Or maybe because Alec Su is not much taller than Vicki Zhao, so he looked less intimidating. But I guess Er Kang was just written that way, and Zhou Jie was following the script. In some scenes I felt he overacted, but overall he did a good job.

lol... is this a HZGG thread or a Zhou Jie thread?

ha...ha..i guess it's both!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    I think Yong Qi is incredibly sweet. I mean, he's willing to do so much for Xiao Yan Zi, but at the same time his passion and love is never quite as aggressive as Er Kang. Or maybe because Alec Su is not much taller than Vicki Zhao, so he looked less intimidating. But I guess Er Kang was just written that way, and Zhou Jie was following the script. In some scenes I felt he overacted, but overall he did a good job.
    yeah i agree...i like Xiao Yan Zi and Yong Qi's scenery of love more than Zi Wei and Er Kang's because it's kinda funnie!!

er kang was ok (his acting is good, but character's boring),I still prefer xiao yan zi and 5 ah ge's storyline.. funnier..
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

The Yong Qi story line was more ridiculous than the mushy Ziwei-Er Kang one though---a prince falling for an uneducated silly girl? I don't care if she's cute, just aint' gonna happen in real life...I kind of liked Xiao Yan Zi in the first one, but either Vicki's overacting or the script, probably a bit of both completely ruined her character for me in HZGG II where she turned into a spoiled brat and Yong Qi seemed like her man slave. But that's getting off-topic.

Zhou Jie does this weird thing with his eyes when he talks, like he tries to bug them out or something. Overall though, I find him less irritating than Alec Su.

Quote Originally Posted by linger
    lol... is this a HZGG thread or a Zhou Jie thread?
    Zhou Jie is basically associated with HZGG, plus we're discussing Er Kang, so I guess it'll pass by as on topic

HZGG was so not meant to be realistic, so XYZ/YQ's storyline fits perfectly there. Not to mention...opposites attract. Although I agree their relationship got kind of irritating in HZGG 2, mostly because there were tooooo many scenes where XYZ was being unreasonable and YQ had to deal with her.

I think it's a good balance...EK and ZW are more melodramatic and appeal to those who like melodrama, while XYZ and YQ please the fans who like lighthearted but still touching romance.

Did Zhou Jie do any series lately? I've only heard about him being in LOCH and HZGG 1-3.

What others may describe as Erkang’s aggressiveness, I see assertiveness and leadership on his part. Maybe these people can describe some of Erkang aggressiveness, so that I can better understand where they’re coming from.

A superficial analysis on Erkang’s character might better explain my point of view.

Not only has nature endowed Erkang with good looks (as evinced by the number of ladies falling for him) but also intelligence. Added to that is his innate ability to excel in everything he does from scholarship to martial arts. But more importantly, Erkang is born privileged into a prominent, powerful and aristocratic family. Given his background as a God & sovereign favored man, it is no wonder that Erkang is head and shoulders above his counterparts, which of course imbued him with great pride, confidence, assertiveness and leadership, and perhaps not a little of single mindedness. (Some may add aggressiveness.) Unsurprisingly, his prestigious position and status as the Emperor’s handpicked palace security chief only served to heighten his own sense of importance.

Because he is highly favored by the Emperor and Dowager from young, his future has been all but decided. He was to marry whichever princess as decreed by his sovereign. Being first born, he was to carry on his family name honorably. In short, prosperity and power notwithstanding, Erkang’s future looms monotonously and colorlessly, where he can’t even choose his own wife, let alone, a woman he loves. Rebellion against tradition and customs is unthinkable, then.

Because of his duty, Erkang is trained to lead and take charge. He greatly differs from Yong Qi in that the latter is not given much responsibility inside or outside the palace, let alone, leadership training. It is enough for him (Yong Qi) to just survive the court intrigues and to compete for his father’s favor by doing well in his books and hunting. Which is why he defers greatly to Erkang for important decisions, even though the latter is his minion. Imo, Yong Qi comes across as a hen-pecked, pushover imperial boyfriend to XYZ. (Again, some may substitute hen-pecked or pushover with ‘less intimidation’. (Only semantics)

Although surrounded by people day in and day out, life at the top is lonely and lacking for Erkang. To keep himself neutral and above court and political intrigues, and jealousies; Erkang is deliberately aloof and solitary. (Yong Qi is more Ertai’s friend.) At this time, Erkang is resigned to his lonesome and solitary, albeit high status, lot; that is, until Ziwei shows him a more ‘colorful’ and joyful world if he had the courage and assertiveness to make it happened. Whereas before, Erkang was resigned to follow tradition, marry Qing Er if so decreed for as yet, the word, soul mate did not exist in his world; ie, not until Ziwei came along. It was love at first sight, or perhaps destiny is at work . In Ziwei, Erkang found his other half, not to complement him but to complete him. But ironically, Ziwei is also his noticeable weakness. Because of Ziwei, Erkang is weak, therefore, ‘aggressive?

To me, Er Kang is a man who is not afraid to fight for his love and future, despite the odds. And the odds are big indeed in the form of tradition too ingrained, and obdurate as mountains, But fought he did, forcefully or intelligently or rebelliously. (Or aggressively? so be it). But in all his ‘aggressiveness’ and ‘scariness’ he has never once hurt Xiao Yan Zi, not even when she so irresponsibly and unforgivably lost Ziwei. It’s not just a misplacement accident, but a life and death close-call incident to Ziwei and Erkang (he won’t survive the death of his Ziwei) (I, myself, would not be so magnanimous as Erkang with just one scary glare, if XYZ were to lose my blind sister or a loved one. Nor would I be so tolerant as to forgive XYZ her life threatening silly antics throughout their fugitive run . Would you, for real.. when death dodged your every step, and always seems one step ahead of you? Would you really overlook her consistent irresponsibility for her cuteness when lives are carelessly and thoughtlessly put in jeopardy at every turn? Of course, like Erkang, in the end, I would blame myself more for trusting XYZ. What does that say about XYZ as a person? After that incident, would you still want your blind sister/ loved one be close to XYZ, knowing that at any moment, your blind love might get hurt? )

So I for one, totally empathized with Erkang ‘scary’ reactions. My adjective, would be heartbroken/ his collapse, 崩溃