Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Whose internal energy was fiercer: Xiao Feng or Yang Guo?

Default Whose internal energy was fiercer: Xiao Feng or Yang Guo?

Xiao Feng's internal energy is described as (the hardest Yang under the heaven) while Yang Guo's was described as overbearing and extremely aggresive. In a direct palm clash, who do you think would prevail?
    Yo momma cat

Honestly proboally XF.... Ive never seen anyone launch repeated palm attacks and merge them wave after wave in ROCH. (BTW im not saying DGSD peeps are stronger...i've already read that huge thread by Athena,Lav ect...so please dont bash.)
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

i got to go with yang guo. XF had the most yang palm technique in jinyong uni, but as for inner power specifically, i say yang guo has the fiercest inner power. while shaolin is said to be of the hard external type school, they are actually the premier school in combining both external and internal martial arts and training. while their external was hard, their inner power was decribed to be aggresive and yang but soft at the same time(various novels of jinyong). XF may have had a less aggresive type of inner power then everyone assumes.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Xiao Feng, before YG can reach XF he will get blasted to death by XF's palm winds

damn those palm winds requires a lot of internal energy

During the spar betwen Yang Guo and Huang Yaoshi, they had 2 first rate mongolian fighters submitted to their powerful internal. They were both pushed around like some rag dolls and can be killed at anytime. Xiao Feng has profound energy but his stamina is lacking. During YG's and ZBT's fight YG would of eventually won due to superior stamina and younger age. Xiao Feng was losing an alarming rate of internal energy against Yo Tanzhi AND Morung ***.
    Yo momma cat

Quote Originally Posted by Loke-Gao-Zhu
    Xiao Feng, before YG can reach XF he will get blasted to death by XF's palm winds

damn those palm winds requires a lot of internal energy
    um.... dude.... I think you forgot that YG too can have long range palm winds.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

Quote Originally Posted by duguxiaojing
    Honestly proboally XF.... Ive never seen anyone launch repeated palm attacks and merge them wave after wave in ROCH. (BTW im not saying DGSD peeps are stronger...i've already read that huge thread by Athena,Lav ect...so please dont bash.)
    so? If you do that, that has nothing to do with how yang your internal is.

I would say YG especially after Yideng's comments. And though XF is pretty raw, his INTERNAL wasn't desribed as being as raw, certainly not to the extent YG was.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚

If their palms clashed, they would both be dead.

If you ask me, I honestly think YG may have the slight advantage due to the wierdness factor that seems to slip everyone down including good fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    If you ask me, I honestly think YG may have the slight advantage due to the wierdness factor that seems to slip everyone down including good fighters.
    "Weirdness" doesn't really factor in a comparison of internal energy, though. That's more towards comparison of fighting techniques.

XF would win if he could use his maximum power,YG would win XF if XF if XF is not at his maximum power and if YG is able to use melancholic palms

Both people with their maximum internal energy, YG would just win just by a margin, he has trained against the ocean waves and nearly achieved wooden sword stage, along with melancholic palms, he would have a greater advantage.

My version of their battle
    In the beginning, they would just test each other out, then the force of the palms increases, YG's crashes down upon XF like waves, each getting stonger. XF is able to meet each palm and fall back to dissipate the full energy.

Seeing how his opponents energy is very strong, YG crashes his palms down faster and faster until, YG uses "Wu Zhong Sheng You" and attacks with all body parts, XF would try to dodge and land a palm but instead gets gravely injured and spits blood out, however, XF's palm with the huge amount of force from XL28Z's "Kang Long You Hui" lands squarely on YG's buttocks and breaks YG's spinal cord. They both die a horrific death.
    爱是最最奇幻的魔术
    让人都要对它趋之若鹜
    这场魔术都是要结束
    真爱是箭在弦上不认输

Re: Whise so?
    { If you do that, that has nothing to do with how yang your internal is.}

Missed first part of question, was respsonding to the direct palm clash.

Quote Originally Posted by minutemanwayne
    During the spar betwen Yang Guo and Huang Yaoshi, they had 2 first rate mongolian fighters submitted to their powerful internal. They were both pushed around like some rag dolls and can be killed at anytime. Xiao Feng has profound energy but his stamina is lacking. During YG's and ZBT's fight YG would of eventually won due to superior stamina and younger age. Xiao Feng was losing an alarming rate of internal energy against Yo Tanzhi AND Morung ***.
    Yang Guo PUSHED the Mongolians with his palm wind. In my opinion Yang Guo did NOT illustrate that he could INJURE them.

Xiao Feng demonstrated that he could have INJURED Ding Chunqiu (who is certainly much better than those individual Mongolians) with his palm wind. But In my opinion Xiao Feng did NOT demonstrate that he could push and not injure the opponent.

(If I am wrong, please correct me)

Yang Guo's palm wind demonstrated more finesse, whereas Xiao Feng's palm wind demonstrated more power. This highlights the fundamental difference between DGSD and Trilogy: DGSD is more about brute force while Trilogy is more about refinement.
    Last edited by PJ; 11-16-06 at 01:13 PM.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

I cant recall YG doing anything dircetly that rivaled what XF did to DCQ, but when he was rescuing GX from NMX he used his palm wind to throw some of GX's braclets into NMX's crutches. The force was enough to send the thin light bangles from GX's wrist into his iron crutches to the point where they seemed to be welded together. Keep in mind that YG did not even make an apperance, you only hear his voice so who knows how far he was from GX. If YG could use his palm wind to do that, I have no doubt that he could injure some one with a LDA, although he may not be able to do it in the same spectacular fashion which XF demonstrated.

I cant recall YG doing anything dircetly that rivaled what XF did to DCQ, but when he was rescuing GX from NMX he used his palm wind to throw some of GX's braclets into NMX's crutches. The force was enough to send the thin light bangles from GX's wrist into his iron crutches to the point where they seemed to be welded together. Keep in mind that YG did not even make an apperance, you only hear his voice so who knows how far he was from GX. If YG could use his palm wind to do that, I have no doubt that he could injure some one with a LDA, although he may not be able to do it in the same spectacular fashion which XF demonstrated.
    Once again, that is not LDA (which is brute force-driven) but a subtle act of finesse and control. The Greats are great at this kind of display of subtle sophistication while the DGSD Elites specialize more in raw power.

In DGSD, the only time that I recall at the moment where someone extremely powerful did a LDS (Long Distance Shoving) is Sweeper Monk's sleeve wave on Jiumozhi. It was not a LDA because it was not meant to injure the opponent (Sweeper Monk being the god of enlightenment and all).

Almost All other times in DGSD, when people launched palm wind, they were wanting to assault their opponent. That's why you don't see much LDS in DGSD. There was no circumstance equivalent to Yang Guo's display of trapping 3 Mongolians in his palm wind just for show.

In the Trilogy, Jin Yong never really explicltly detailed any circumstance in which the Greats were able to do LDA. He let the Greats perform more subtle and sophisticated acts to impress, while in DGSD he let the Elites perform more powerful and aggressive acts to impress. The difference in the presentation method of their capabilities is quite noticeble to me.

That is not to say, DGSD is all about raw force while the Greats are all about finesse. But I believe those 2 different eras did have different emphasis, because Jin Yong's intention is for DGSD fighters to appear more powerful, so he made them seem more powerful to the naked eye. At first it may be convenient to believe that DGSD Elites > the Greats; however we find that the Greats are often times more than meet the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    In DGSD, the only time that I recall at the moment where someone extremely powerful did a LDS (Long Distance Shoving) is Sweeper Monk's sleeve wave on Jiumozhi. It was not a LDA because it was not meant to injure the opponent (Sweeper Monk being the god of enlightenment and all).

Almost All other times in DGSD, when people launched palm wind, they were wanting to assault their opponent. That's why you don't see much LDS in DGSD. There was no circumstance equivalent to Yang Guo's display of trapping 3 Mongolians in his palm wind just for show.

In the Trilogy, Jin Yong never really explicltly detailed any circumstance in which the Greats were able to do LDA. He let the Greats perform more subtle and sophisticated acts to impress, while in DGSD he let the Elites perform more powerful and aggressive acts to impress. The difference in the presentation method of their capabilities is quite noticeble to me.

That is not to say, DGSD is all about raw force while the Greats are all about finesse. But I believe those 2 different eras did have different emphasis, because Jin Yong's intention is for DGSD fighters to appear more powerful, so he made them seem more powerful to the naked eye. At first it may be convenient to believe that DGSD Elites > the Greats; however we find that the Greats are often times more than meet the eye.
    PJ,so are you implying that DGSD Elites>trilogy Greats? Your implying that YG is doing a fashion show while DGSD Elites are whooping peoples ***

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

both JLFW and rev yideng used LDA against each other when at loveless valley. they started fighting at close range but then started to move futher apart with each strike. that was why HR was afraid yideng might suffer from internal power exhaustion, as LDA can exhaust inner power quickly. YG shopuld be the master of LDS since he trained in the waves. water is vary piable and to send whole torrential waves back with his palm energy, it's not enough to just hit with great energy but there exist a need to be able to control and send your power over a wide area. since those waves can rise for several metres high, the power of YG's strike must reach a great distance. even XF's LDA can only reach 3zhang or ten metres.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Re: Whise so?
    { If you do that, that has nothing to do with how yang your internal is.}

Missed first part of question, was respsonding to the direct palm clash.
    XF didn't "merge" the palm energy into 3X of one of his because at some point, one of his previous palm energy would dissolve. However, it's true that the palm energy would likely propel the one in front a bit. However, I don't really imagine XF using this one on one or else why would he have so much trouble against MRF and YTZ?