Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kiu Feng = the perfect hero???

Default Kiu Feng = the perfect hero???

i've once read an essay written by Ni Kuang about JY characters
    Essay
    http://www.oa18.com/read/gest/jingyun/nikuang/uki.htm

For rest of Ni Kuang's comment on JY, click the link below
    http://www.oa18.com/read/gest/jingyun/jynk.htm

he said Gwok Jing is too traditional and had a too perfect personality, and how he refused the marriage between YG and XLN which is against his perfectness. Ni Kuang said GJ is too perfect, and became a fake person,

while WXB is more straight foward and honest, tears a lot of fake masks and traditions. whcih makes him into a real person

while Kiu Feng's personality seems to be perfect too, why didn't Ni Kuang criticize him as a fake person??

maybe because his death at the end makes him a "true hero"??? If Kiu Feng didn't die at the end won't you think he's too FAKE to be a "true hero"??? or maybe his tragedy life creates his heroism???

but GJ actually sacrificed his life to protect Xiang Yang too, why did Ni Kuan still criticize him as a "fake person"

so is Kiu Feng a person with "perfect" heroism?
    Last edited by Loke-Gao-Zhu; 11-17-06 at 12:25 AM.

QF is a traitor!

If Kiu Fung has a flaw, it's his excessive rashness. His greatest asset in addition to his great martial arts talent is that he's a man of action. Unfortunately, he's sometimes a man of TOO MUCH action...acting before he thinks something through carefully enough. His rush to action caused him to murder a doctor (although in all fairness, that bastard probably deserved it), accidentally kill Ah Chu, nearly accidentally kill Ah Chi (all right, no big loss, but still), etc.

There are no "perfect characters" in Jin Yong's works; that's what makes them compelling characters.

As for Ni Kuang's remarks on Gwok Jing: I think he missed the point of the character in more ways than one.

Well, Xiao Feng has his rage and he accidentally killed his girlfriend. That's not so perfect.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

XF is a tragic hero, he has all the characteristics that make him a tragic figure.
    爱是最最奇幻的魔术
    让人都要对它趋之若鹜
    这场魔术都是要结束
    真爱是箭在弦上不认输

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    If Kiu Fung has a flaw, it's his excessive rashness. His greatest asset in addition to his great martial arts talent is that he's a man of action. Unfortunately, he's sometimes a man of TOO MUCH action...acting before he thinks something through carefully enough. His rush to action caused him to murder a doctor (although in all fairness, that bastard probably deserved it), accidentally kill Ah Chu, nearly accidentally kill Ah Chi (all right, no big loss, but still), etc.

There are no "perfect characters" in Jin Yong's works; that's what makes them compelling characters.

As for Ni Kuang's remarks on Gwok Jing: I think he missed the point of the character in more ways than one.
    I aggree. I used to think that XF is the ultimate hero, but lately, I've change my mind. His sacrifice at the end cannot justify that killed all thoose people. A true hero is one who lived his life in an honest and righteous way. It is way harder to this a whole lifetime, than to sacrifice one self.

Not many would fall under this definition of a hero.
    You do know that it is just fiction, dont you?

Quote Originally Posted by AnhHung
    I aggree. I used to think that XF is the ultimate hero, but lately, I've change my mind. His sacrifice at the end cannot justify that killed all thoose people. A true hero is one who lived his life in an honest and righteous way. It is way harder to this a whole lifetime, than to sacrifice one self.

Not many would fall under this definition of a hero.
    To be fair, Gwok Jing and Kiu Fung's circumstances were different. In Gwok Jing's case, heroism meant he had to stay alive as long as possible to fight the good fight. Kiu Fung, on the other hand, was in a situation where he couldn't really help anybody much by continuing to live; only by dying could he save as many lives as possible.

To be fair, Gwok Jing and Kiu Fung's circumstances were different. In Gwok Jing's case, heroism meant he had to stay alive as long as possible to fight the good fight. Kiu Fung, on the other hand, was in a situation where he couldn't really help anybody much by continuing to live; only by dying could he save as many lives as possible.
    Yes, but he killed all thoose people at the mansion. He only cared for Ah Chu and didnt care much that he killed *innocence* people. He's seeking a doctor for help, a doctor who is holding a heros gathering to discuss how to kill him. He could have done it differently than going through the main entrance and demand help from the doctor. Thats not very tactital.

Yes, but he killed all thoose people at the mansion. He only cared for Ah Chu and didnt care much that he killed *innocence* people. He's seeking a doctor for help, a doctor who is holding a heros gathering to discuss how to kill him. He could have done it differently than going through the main entrance and demand help from the doctor. Thats not very tactital.
    The fight at Tsui Yin Manor didn't really get going in earnest until after Kiu Fung had secured Dr. Sit's help for Ah Chu. Those people there wanted to kill him, so if he were interested in survival (and he still was at that point because his adopted parents' and teacher's murders had not yet been solved/avenged), he was going to need to fight and fight brutally to ensure that. I don't think Kiu Fung took any pleasure in the fact that he was mowing down people savagely at the manor; it was just something he needed to do to survive.

Admittedly, this was a situation that Cheung Mo Gei likely would have handled much better.

Admittedly, this was a situation that Cheung Mo Gei likely would have handled much better.
    Xiao Feng at Guang Ming Ding and Zhang Wuji at Ju Xian Zhuang. If only someone can convince Jin Yong to write a 'Holiday Special'!!!

Plus Guo Jing vs Yang Guo at 3rd Huashan of course!
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    Xiao Feng at Guang Ming Ding!
    Forget it. Put Kiu Fung there and it dissolves into a bloodbath (unless he somehow dies early).

Forget it. Put Kiu Fung there and it dissolves into a bloodbath
    You mean you wouldn't pay to see him break the Heaven Sword over Mei Jue's head?

As for ZWJ at Ju Xian, remember that at Guang Ming, they were willing to fight him singly or in small teams. At Ju Xian, ZWJ would be rushed by the whole crowd, many having weapons so he can't just stand there and use 9 yang protection.

You mean you wouldn't pay to see him break the Heaven Sword over Mei Jue's head?
    Well, yeah, but I hope he doesn't kill the Mo Dong 5 Heroes.

As for ZWJ at Ju Xian, remember that at Guang Ming, they were willing to fight him singly or in small teams. At Ju Xian, ZWJ would be rushed by the whole crowd, many having weapons so he can't just stand there and use 9 yang protection.
    Maybe he could persuade them into fighting him according to wulin's rules. Cheung Mo Gei always was the great negotiator (except when it came to beautiful young women).

I really couldn't imagine how ZWJ could get out of this situation without any bloodbath. People there were all aiming for the kill.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

The fight at Tsui Yin Manor didn't really get going in earnest until after Kiu Fung had secured Dr. Sit's help for Ah Chu. Those people there wanted to kill him, so if he were interested in survival (and he still was at that point because his adopted parents' and teacher's murders had not yet been solved/avenged), he was going to need to fight and fight brutally to ensure that. I don't think Kiu Fung took any pleasure in the fact that he was mowing down people savagely at the manor; it was just something he needed to do to survive.

I'm sure if Hui Juk and Duan Yu were in the same situation, there would be no bloodshed as well. Duan Yu would be too busy running away with his Ling Bo Mei Bo and Hui Juk would be preaching while reflecting their attacks and scaring them off at the same time.

he he, you fell into my *trap*

XF at Bright peak would not go well, but slashing MJ in two would make up for all the bloodshed

XF could've been an elite dictator, when those fools tried to accuse him he couldve smash the crap out of them and destroy any evidence. He could easily rule with a iron hand and no one would dare to try and doubt him.
    He could've been a heroic leader like Cao Cao...

Well, yeah, but I hope he doesn't kill the Mo Dong 5 Heroes.

Maybe he could persuade them into fighting him according to wulin's rules. Cheung Mo Gei always was the great negotiator (except when it came to beautiful young women).
    Wu Dang Heroes might not get killed because they wouldn't join in the mass gang attack due to their higher sense of honour. And XF probably won't kill the E-Mei nuns too (due to him not wanting to kill females). Even Mei Jue, he'll just break the sword over her head and kick her down the mountain.

ZWJ can talk all he wants, but once someone in the crowd yells 'Get him!' and everyone rushes in, talking will get you only an axe on the head.

zwj would act like a good guy and when the shaolin monks attack him,he pretend to die.Sudenly zwj wake up and use qkdny and throw all the better fighters aside and let the useless fighters get him,heck,zwj 9yang shield will own the crap out those fighters,they cant even land a blow.Seeing so,the remaining people panic when zwj slowly closes in for the kill...

XF would say:"I am a good hero,come and get me.The wudang people will so angrywith his ego and all people charaged at Xiaofeng.The ming sect just watch him get killed.In the end,XF killed about 100+ people when suddenly mie jue came and use yi tian jian and slash his head off.Victor:zwj Loser:XF

I'm sure that Guo Jing killed plenty of INNOCENT people too. Mongolian soldiers who were no more than mere sheep, who had families to take care of, were slaughtered by Guo Jing and his troops. What do you think about that?

Even Zhang Wuji killed people.

Zhang Wuji, Xiao Feng, and Duan Yu realized that peace is the way to go. This can be considered a higher stage of enlightenment than endless fighting.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」