Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phoenix From the Ashes-starring Kristy Yang

Default Phoenix From the Ashes-starring Kristy Yang

Hey, I thought this is a pretty good modern series for those who likes Kristy Yang a lot. She is so... pretty in this series. I like the storyline, some part are little boring but overall this is a not bad drama to watch so far. Pretty sad story.
    Last edited by triumph2004; 12-08-11 at 04:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sunlim
    Hey, I thought this is a pretty good modern series for those who likes Kristy Yang a lot. She is so... pretty in this series. I like the storyline, some part are little boring but overall this is a not bad drama to watch so far. Pretty sad story.
    Yup, me too. Loved this show. Haven't watched such a great series in a looong time. I watched it mainly because of Kristy Yang, Petrina Fung Bo Bo (her granny in the show), and Eric Huang Shao Qi, who played the sweetest doctor in the series. I think him and Kristy makes a much, much better couple. I guess it's left to the audience that in the end they do wound up together again, after she leaves behind the past she had with her ex.husband.

If you are a great fan of Kristy's, I highly suggest you check out this series she did with Huang Jue called "Feng Cui Yun Dong Xin Bu Dong" (Wind Blows, Clouds Move, Star Doesn't Move). A really corny name, but the storyline is excellent. I loved all of Kristy's outfits in there. And that leading man is pretty handsome. Her father in the series is really wicked.

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

What is this serie about? I've seen it circulating around, but the cover doesn't look too interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by bellamia
    What is this serie about? I've seen it circulating around, but the cover doesn't look too interesting.
    oh trust me, when I first saw the cover, I was turned off too. But it's really good. It's set in the 1920's when the Japanese were about to invade China. Kristy just returned from her studies in France or Florence, but when she returned home, she was about to be married off to this guy she doesn't like.

She met the leading guy at the train station and he saved her life due to a bombing when she returned. There's so many twists and turns in here. Later on you find out her dad did something bad to the leading guy's family.

You gotta check it out.

Who is the leading cast besides Kristy? This series sounds pretty interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by autumnleaves
    Who is the leading cast besides Kristy? This series sounds pretty interesting.
    Huang Yi
    Shawn Yue
    Alex Fong (Fang Zhong Xin)
    Petrina Feng Bao Bao
    Eric Huang Shao Qi
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I bought it and it's pretty good. Download the series here ML Station

I think the present storyline is better than the flashbacks. I felt they dragged the flashbacks a bit longer than they had to. I love the relationship between Kristy and her Granny. Reminds me of my Granny. And Eric is the sweetest guy ever in here. It's so hard not to fall in love with him.

Quote Originally Posted by mermaidmelody33
    I bought it and it's pretty good. Download the series here ML Station
    Did it come with english subtitled? Cos I'm thinking of buying too..
    be happy

Quote Originally Posted by aiza11
    Did it come with english subtitled? Cos I'm thinking of buying too..
    sorry, so far the versions out by Tai Seng are only traditional Chinese and by China, only simplified Chinese.

For me personally, I think starting around episode 25 to 40, it gets so exciting and entertaining you can't stop watching. The first half focused a bit more on the flashbacks with some present stuff too. The flashbacks were more heavy up to episode 23ish. And I loooove the title song by Michael Wong Guang Liang called "Fairy Tale" (Tong Hua). The ending song weren't so good by Shawn Yu. It didn't really fit the series mood, but oh well, at least the title song was very memorable.

I watched this series 3x already. Twice in mandarin, and once in cantonese. I was recording them both for friends and family. I must admit that the mandarin one fit more nicely even though it's voiceover, however to my surprise, the canto version, even though it's the original voices of Petrina, Kristy, Shawn, and Alex, it felt a bit weird, don't know why.
    Last edited by tennisrocks; 11-24-06 at 11:42 PM.

Thumbs up Kristy yang

Thanks for the recomentation of the drama U mentioned, tennisrocks, I will certainly check into it. I love...Kristy Yang so..much. I thick she is so...pretty..Beside the Wind blows.....series, does she has any good dramas in the past?

The themesong at the begining wasn't that great but the more I listen the more I like it but I don't really like the voice whoever sang it though. The ending song aslo the more U listen the more U will enjoy it.

Thanks for the recomentation of the drama U mentioned, tennisrocks, I will certainly check into it. I love...Kristy Yang so..much. I thick she is so...pretty..Beside the Wind blows.....series, does she has any good dramas in the past?

The themesong at the begining wasn't that great but the more I listen the more I like it but I don't really like the voice whoever sang it though. The ending song aslo the more U listen the more U will enjoy it.
    here you go sunlim, the link has a good chunk of most of Kristy's work, both series and movies that she's done:

http://www.gomerry.com/BIG5/Search.a...=15&image.y=10

once you're there, there's 7 pages you can go through.

as for what other goods I recommend? hmm, I'd say her best work thus far is Phoenix from the Ashes and the Wind Blows... series I mentioned above. I also bought her Warring States series that's about 50 or 60 episodes long, but I didn't get a chance to sit down to watch it, but I know they allowed her real voice in that series. And I also bought her Fairy Angel series, a bit silly, but bought since I'm a fan of hers.

Definitely recommend you get your hands on a set of Wind Blows. And Phoenix after watching it for the 3rd time, it was still good.

I can't wait for Kristy's new series she did again with the same producer as Phoenix, Wong Jing, except this time she shares the stage along with Athena Chu, Kwan Sau Mei, and Monica Chan.

Default Kristin Yang

Hey, thanks a lot tennisrocks. That website U mentioned is from china, not sure the quality is good but the price is pretty cheap. The drama U recomended :"Wind blows..." I don't really like that kind of ancient series but since U said is good I will go ahead and watch it. I saw the other one is pretty good storyline too "something... Sword"Kristin is just so..pretty in ancient series isn't she?

Also Kristin just had 2 new modern series out, have U seen them yet? She is just so pretty no matter in modern or anceint...

Hey, thanks a lot tennisrocks. That website U mentioned is from china, not sure the quality is good but the price is pretty cheap. The drama U recomended :"Wind blows..." I don't really like that kind of ancient series but since U said is good I will go ahead and watch it. I saw the other one is pretty good storyline too "something... Sword"Kristin is just so..pretty in ancient series isn't she?

Also Kristin just had 2 new modern series out, have U seen them yet? She is just so pretty no matter in modern or anceint...
    yup, I agree with you 100%, she has one of those universal beauty no matter which era. Actually that website is stationed in California. My friend ordered from them before and she's pretty pleased with them. Their stuff is cheap because they get everything from China. and yeah, I saw that new modern series that just came out with her and Andrew Lien, and I'm so gonna get it.
    Last edited by tennisrocks; 12-01-06 at 08:40 AM.

Unhappy

Thanks for the info for the website, Usually I bought from Yesasia but their price is double & triple more expensive. So please let me know if the 2 new modern series is worth to buy. I can't believe Kristin is not making as many series as I thought she was..

Default Phoenix from the ashes

Is this series good

starring...$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.allmov.com/name/61213/main.html')

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

do any one know who sang the ending theme i know that [SIZE=3]Guang Liang sang for the opening theme which was tong hua so i want to know who sang the ending.i also thought this series was the bomb you need to understand the hate, love, bitterness and the happyness to understand this series [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]