Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: who do you think is more prettier gigi lai or charmaine sheh?

GG is definitely more well-known than LLY in Spore, I myself had no idea who LLY was until someone set up a thread on her. BTW, you dont have to be a TVB fan to know GG, because TVB dramas are frequently aired on local channels; a recent series with GG in it "Riches and Stiches" just finished airing some months ago and local magazines do have tiny write-ups on TVB stars like GG and Charmaine.

But its not surprising since Sporeans are more familiar with HK celebraties as compared to mainland ones. Even the very famous mainland celebraties (with the exception of Zhang Ziyi and Gong Li) like FBB, LBB, Zhou Xun etc are relatively unknown in Spore and mainland singers are even lesser known in Spore..whose listeners tend to tune in more to Taiwanese/HK singers.

But i do agree that the Korean Craze has hit Spore now but frankly, the more recognizable Asian actors/singers here tend to be Taiwanese.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow
    GG is definitely more well-known than LLY in Spore, I myself had no idea who LLY was until someone set up a thread on her. BTW, you dont have to be a TVB fan to know GG, because TVB dramas are frequently aired on local channels; a recent series with GG in it "Riches and Stiches" just finished airing some months ago and local magazines do have tiny write-ups on TVB stars like GG and Charmaine.

But its not surprising since Sporeans are more familiar with HK celebraties as compared to mainland ones. Even the very famous mainland celebraties (with the exception of Zhang Ziyi and Gong Li) like FBB, LBB, Zhou Xun etc are relatively unknown in Spore and mainland singers are even lesser known in Spore..whose listeners tend to tune in more to Taiwanese/HK singers.

But i do agree that the Korean Craze has hit Spore now but frankly, the more recognizable Asian actors/singers here tend to be Taiwanese.
    yup, i know u dun haf to but tt is normally the case. most magz concentrate on taiwan stars. b4 i b/c a TVB fan, i only knew those my sis likes and though i watched quite a number of shows featuring gigi, i jus took her as jus another actresses which i found likable. it was only this year when i started on my HK craze tt i found out whose named what. *shruggs*

Quote Originally Posted by girllikeme
    well i actually reckon i prefer charmaine's body than bernice's, even though i am a big fan of bernice. Bernice is a bit chubby in that photo, and yes she is big boned, but big boned people can have a good figue too. Bernice is fit, but still bit chubby.
    You want to look like Charmaine?
    Heres a schedule:
    Wake up, don't eat breakfast
    Lunchtime...you don't need to eat, it's so very unnecessary...
    Dinner, have a slice of apple, a small one, you don't want to get TOO fat.
    Starve yourself for the whole next day. Keep doin that and you'll look like Charmaine in no time at all.

Hm... its quite obvious that LLY wont have a big presence. She just came out... a few months ago... but gigi came out many many many years ago and if she still doesnt have a big presence in singapore... thats a bit disapointing.

Korean stars? i havent even seen one before in china or anywhere
    normally, in singapore, those HK stars who are popular nation-wide are the movie stars and not drama shows actors. for a foreign drama show star to be popular is relatively hard.

as for korean stars, when i went beijing, i saw hyun bin ad..... errrrr..... and other korean actresses which apparently my sis knows but i dun.... i also saw jay chou on quite a few and 'fei lun hai(new taiwanese boyband)' also, i saw SHE, cecelia cheung(i saw a lot of hers!) and counting. i think i saw LLY on 1 ad. *shruggs*

Quote Originally Posted by _wadeva_
    normally, in singapore, those HK stars who are popular nation-wide are the movie stars and not drama shows actors. for a foreign drama show star to be popular is relatively hard.
    Yep, the more popular HK stars are the ones who star in movies but if a HK series is very popular, the Sporean audience will also tend to recognize the TV actor/actress more as compared to others. Eg, Nancy Sit ("A Kindered Spirit" and "Virtues of Harmony") and the cast of "A Kindered Spirit" etc. GG and Charmaine probably grew popular because of War And Beauty which was aired on the Cable channel.

Wise Fool

Quote Originally Posted by Gundam-Freedom
    I h8 Gigi Lai!, I h8 Gigi Lai!,I h8 Gigi Lai!,I h8 Gigi Lai!,I h8 Gigi Lai!,I h8 Gigi Lai!,I h8 Gigi Lai!,I h8 Gigi Lai!,I h8 Gigi Lai!,I h8 Gigi Lai!,I h8 Gigi Lai!,I h8 Gigi Lai!,I h8 Gigi Lai!,I h8 Gigi Lai!,I h8 Gigi Lai!,I h8 Gigi Lai!,I h8 Gigi Lai!,I h8 Gigi Lai!,I h8 Gigi Lai!,I h8 Gigi Lai!,I h8 Gigi Lai!,I h8 Gigi Lai!,I h8 Gigi Lai!,I h8 Gigi Lai!,I h8 Gigi Lai!,I h8 Gigi Lai!,I h8 Gigi Lai!,I h8 Gigi Lai!,I h8 Gigi Lai!,I h8 Gigi Lai!,I h8 Gigi Lai!,I h8 Gigi Lai!,I h8 Gigi Lai!,I h8 Gigi Lai!,I h8 Gigi Lai!,I h8 Gigi Lai!,I h8 Gigi Lai!,I h8 Gigi Lai!,I h8 Gigi Lai!, I h8 Gigi Lai!,I h8 Gigi Lai!,I h8 Gigi Lai!,I h8 Gigi Lai!, I h8 Gigi Lai!,I h8 Gigi Lai!,I h8 Gigi Lai!,I h8 Gigi Lai!, I h8 Gigi Lai!,I h8 Gigi Lai!, I h8 Gigi Lai!,I h8 Gigi Lai!

have I said enough?

i think you hve said enough
    i can always make you smile!!!

I said they look the same age but in reality, GG is 4yrs older.

really???
    i didn't no that
    i can always make you smile!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha Itachi
    You want to look like Charmaine?
    Heres a schedule:
    Wake up, don't eat breakfast
    Lunchtime...you don't need to eat, it's so very unnecessary...
    Dinner, have a slice of apple, a small one, you don't want to get TOO fat.
    Starve yourself for the whole next day. Keep doin that and you'll look like Charmaine in no time at all.
    that is my schedule except i eat lunch but no dinner at all; but she looks good like that... im still pretty fat even though i eat like that... but im still very healthy
    Sometimes it's hard to love someone because you're so afraid of losing them.

Quote Originally Posted by _wadeva_

as for korean stars, when i went beijing, i saw hyun bin ad..... errrrr..... and other korean actresses which apparently my sis knows but i dun.... i also saw jay chou on quite a few and 'fei lun hai(new taiwanese boyband)' also, i saw SHE, cecelia cheung(i saw a lot of hers!) and counting. i think i saw LLY on 1 ad. *shruggs*
    yeah Cecilia is quite famous....... but LLY i dont think she had many before her accident... she was making a comercial and she tripped and now shez in hospital and takes a year to recover... so i dont think she would be making to much comercials or albumns for a while... and she had the accident ages ago... so she couldnt really make anythin...

i hope to see her (lly's) ad

that is my schedule except i eat lunch but no dinner at all; but she looks good like that... im still pretty fat even though i eat like that... but im still very healthy

Then I recommend you don't eat lunch either. In no time, you will have a lollipop figure just like Charmaine.

is there a need to compare these two gals?
    it's so obvious that CS can't compare to Gigi

One is plan look w/ big nose vs. beautiful woman at age 34
    Jang Nara

Jang Nara (MTV clips, advertisement clips, etc..)
    http://lonelyviet.com/showthread.php?t=26451

Quote Originally Posted by christinatran
    Then I recommend you don't eat lunch either. In no time, you will have a lollipop figure just like Charmaine.
    So i still like charmaine's figue better than any other hk actress. Shes got a good figue and this is my opinion

Yep, the more popular HK stars are the ones who star in movies but if a HK series is very popular, the Sporean audience will also tend to recognize the TV actor/actress more as compared to others. Eg, Nancy Sit ("A Kindered Spirit" and "Virtues of Harmony") and the cast of "A Kindered Spirit" etc. GG and Charmaine probably grew popular because of War And Beauty which was aired on the Cable channel.
    not a lot of pple has cable TV. and WAB was only shown on channel 55, which i think lots of pple dun haf. (btw, WAB is on repeat telecast fr 12th Dec on 10pm and TCB will start on the 15th)

charmaine has a figure?SHe has a stick body
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    charmaine has a figure?SHe has a stick body

I agree! Gigi is so much more prettier then Charmaine. I don't even know how you can compare the two!

there's no comparison at all. gigi is so much more beautiful. i actually like her acting (in movies, haven't watch a series with her yet). and i like her singing. that's just me.

if you show a picture of gigi and charmaine (only saw the pictures of her posted) to someone who have never see or know them before, i am positive 99.9% would say gigi is much more prettier. i think it's plain as day who's better looking.

plus gigi actually has a body. can we see some photos of them in swimsuits or bikini's? then we'll all really be comparing.
    ---------
    Shellie

really? o_o
    i thought they grew popular because of HSDS?
    R.I.P
    DiDi <3
    10.02.05 ;[

don't ****ing piss me off or i'll jam my cigg into ur eye

Quote Originally Posted by x0_jenniee
    really? o_o
    i thought they grew popular because of HSDS?
    You've got to be kidding right? Probably yes for Gigi who was an awesome Zhao Min but Charmaine's Zhou Zhi Ruo was horrible. Charmaine has been criticized for almost every Jin Yong character she portrayed. It was only in the recent couple of years that her acting has improved somewhat.

Wise Fool

So i still like charmaine's figue better than any other hk actress. Shes got a good figue and this is my opinion

You have the right to your own opinion but just to let you know or remind you that all actors appeared ten pounds heavier on tv so if they are already very thin, imagine what they look like in real life.