Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: who do you think is more prettier gigi lai or charmaine sheh?

Quote Originally Posted by foreva
    I do know what "being beautiful on the inside means", but unlike you, the dictionary does not refer to it as being open and outgoing, so maybe you should check the dictionary more often. More so the terms of kind, generous etc. A quiet personality, does not means that she doesn't have a personality. but seriously, how do you know that LYF is not beautiful on the inside? Do you know her personally? How do you know she's not a kind or generous person?

Open, active and outgoing may appeal to some people, others may like demure, sweet, gentle, quirky or mysterious. So neither LYF's personality nor Liu Li Yang's matter. It's kind of like SHE really. Some people like Ella's tomboyish personality more, others like Selina's sweet character, I personally prefer Hebe.

That picture almost looks like one of those nameless myspace self-whoring pics.
    'how do you know that LYF is not beautiful on the inside? Do you know her personally? How do you know she's not a kind or generous person?'

Errmmm.... clears throat with a throatie...
    There has been so many pieces of a gigantic puzzle that fits into place as to how beautiful on the inside LYF is. (BTW shes a creep)
    Look at her useless idiotic attempt at trying to look *****-like with her ***** like dance moves and paedophilic material kiddie music video's not to mention her failed attempts at sexy photoshoots.
    NOT TO MENTION THE LIPOSUCTION DONE ON HER CHUBBY BABY FAT FACE
    Now of course I know what you are going to say... 'its her managers idea to have a quickie'. I obviously disagree with that mentally retarded thinking, for one I think (hopefully) she doesn't have a brain a size of a watermelon seed and second of all I think she should be bold enough to take a stand against any ideas she doesn't like.
    Shes like a sheep caught in the headlights when it comes to decision making in my humble undoubtedly wise opinion. Once her glossy cutesy fame runs dry, she'll end up another Britney Spears and marry some Chinese Gangster rapper that when they file for divorce will threaten to sell their sex vids
    Trust my prophecy!

by the way sunnysnow, we are not triplets nor clones! the only thing we have in common is that we love li yang! we just started to know each other's existence thru spcnet...if i lie, i wud be pinnochio...well, i cud use a little nose lift though hahaha we are not the type who wud do that cloning thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless
    What a blatant lie?! oh gosh, please consult the doctor or would u want to go for the asylum?( p.s asylum is a medical centre to accomodate those who are mentally challenged.) The fact that the show isnt well known or isnt broadcasted internationally or regionally shows the inferiority of that person u are talking about.( i do not want to mention the name again cuz i do not want to recognize the existence of the person) you know something, you are just like alumnium oxide trying to adhere to a piece of aluminum. what we need to do is to use a piece of sandpaper to get rid of these absurd irritance. and anyway, accuracy is a merit that has to be cultivated for its own sake!
    What a blatant lie?! oh gosh, please consult the doctor or would u want to go for the asylum
    I think you'll find the first definition in the dictionary is that Asylum is a place where refuge is granted to a political refugee from a foreign country, in that context I'm sure she isn't one .

The fact that the show isnt well known or isnt broadcasted internationally
    The show is basically a Chinese version of the Idol series just not with males, which is good IMO. They are all well recognized in China, which is like how many percentage of the first world countries ?

or regionally shows the inferiority of that person u are talking about.
    WTF are you talking about when your talking about regionally?
    If I'm not mistaken I'm sure the show is broad casted on CCTV and is viewable in regions of China where they have a power plug, a TV and a aerial that receives TV signal's in electromagnetic waves.
    I'm pretty sure singapore does not come into the category of regionally in terms of that Super Girl is in-fact a Chinese show which is broad casted regionally through the Republic of China?

you know something, you are just like alumnium oxide trying to adhere to a piece of aluminum. what we need to do is to use a piece of sandpaper to get rid of these absurd irritance. and anyway, accuracy is a merit that has to be cultivated for its own sake!
    LOL? in need of ionizing there Mr. fearless? Too much negatively charged electrons in your system I think. Need some Beta Minus decay , get some more valid positrons into ya system.

Quote Originally Posted by big master
    i dont know charmaine but i dont like gigi lai wen i saw her in chu liu xiang!
    In all fairness I think that series was a pile of garbage, everyone dies barring a few,
    All the characters there were pretty much mentally disabled in the head.
    Only Li Xun Huan acted by Ekin Cheng I thought was decent.

omg, why did this thread turn into this. So sorry to the author of this thread, dun mean to crash it..

There's like soooo many argument and points, I don't know which one to answer first... lol..

Ok, I'll just do the ones I rmbr.

To Fearless,

Maybe you didn't see the wrinkles, but I did. It's quite hard to find those pictures cos I only notice from watching her in series. it's not like i'm free enough to watch it again and get snapshots.. Anyhow, yes I cannot provide the evidence, tried googling, so ok, she doesn't have wrinklesss then. It doesn't matter.. I'm sorry for saying she has wrinkles. Cool?

Second, by saying dat China alone cannot support an artist. Have you ever heard of Li Yu Chun? -.-' She's a veryyy popular artist (champion of 2005 super girls) yet nobody really knows her outside of China. Yet, she is very successful and just in that first year she's out, she graced the cover of more magazines than any other artist. I have evidence for dat. let me find it.. here
    http://www.bjreview.com.cn/06-38-e/china-1.htm
    The fact dat most ppl here not knowing her, and yet she's still doing so well shows that China does have dat ability.. she even appeared in stamps for god's sake.. have you ever seen a celeb's face on stamps? Well, I havent..
    http://www.shanghaiist.com/archives/...oice_gir_1.php

Evidence of Li yang's popularity. Tieba or Baidu forum is very popular in China. And there's ranking for personal ba(s)...
    ranking here..
    http://post.baidu.com/top500/12.html
    Li yang's number 9.. Gg's not even in the top 500 list..
    And of course Li Yu Chun number one.. You should have seen the number of posts posted there.. The fact dat gigi's been around so long yet, none of her fans are (like u say), 'rabid' enough to post a lot for her shows something about their interest in her..
    Googling hits..
    Results 1 - 10 of about 553,000 for 黎姿
    Results 1 - 10 of about 710,000 for 刘力扬
    Of course, i know the hits cannot be use to measure ones' popularity...
    Why don't you help me by proving that Gigi is more popular than Li yang in China.

Someone said about Supergirls not being broadcasted globally, but just in China. -.-' The fact dat I'm not from China probably speaks for itself. And it is actually show on paid TV in Australia, New Zealand, France, England, Singapore, Malaysia and other places..

And someone said about SHE and Cyndi fading, excuse me, Gigi faded ONCE as far as I'm concern. She's like totally dissapeared for quite some time until she came back out recently.. And bout Li Yang fading, well I dunno cos obviously she hasn't been long around to prove dat not happening, but i think the fact dat she injured her leg, and cannot participate in the coming touring concert with other super girls and yet, many of her fans are still going proves the extent of their love for her.. I personally will think twice of going if the artist i like is absent. But I know many of her fans are going just to let her see their support through tv and news.. The concert is tomorrow so, I can only prove that later..

Forever mentioned about pictures being self-whoring.. Yes it was taken by Li yang herself..

Lastly, I would like to say, sorry if I have said anything that offended anyone, and it's not very nice to make personal attacks on other members.. Like bigmaster said, we discuss, not argue.. And yeah, i think we really shouldn't talk too much on other artist in this thread besides Gigi and Charmaine.. If it was me who started it, I'm sorry..

I still like Charmaine better^^
    Last edited by ChestNut; 11-24-06 at 01:06 PM.
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

'every new beginning is some other beginnings end....'-semisonic

Chill men!

[QUOTE=foreva]All your ridiculous arguments against Gigi are unfounded, because Gigi has always been acting her age. /QUOTE]

Btw, pls enlighten me as to how her being a 30+ year old is acting her age in Gam Zi Yuk Yip? Pls don't tell me dat being the emperor likes older women cos as far as I'm concern, I tot her character's only suppose to around 20 years old.. I'm not saying it's wrong to not act her age, cos since she definitely looks younger than 35, so y not.. But I just wanted to say dat she definitely has not been acting her age because if she did, she won't be so popular cos there aren't many 35 year old characters around..
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

[QUOTE=ChestNut]
    All your ridiculous arguments against Gigi are unfounded, because Gigi has always been acting her age. /QUOTE]

Btw, pls enlighten me as to how her being a 30+ year old is acting her age in Gam Zi Yuk Yip? Pls don't tell me dat being the emperor likes older women cos as far as I'm concern, I tot her character's only suppose to around 20 years old.. I'm not saying it's wrong to not act her age, cos since she definitely looks younger than 35, so y not.. But I just wanted to say dat she definitely has not been acting her age because if she did, she won't be so popular cos there aren't many 35 year old characters around..
    I dont know why u keep going on and on abt GG being old when she looks younger than many of her fellow colleagues, and no, she's not the only actress who portrays roles which are younger than her age. In fact, most actresses portray roles which are younger than their age, especially demanding roles because experience comes with age, unless you're a talent which is very rare.

Most of the lead actresses in WAB were much older thn the characters they portrayed. Charmaine's and GG's characters were supposed to be 18 or 20yrs old and Maggie's character was about that age as well. But in reality, they were at least a decade older than the characters. But was there any complains or problems regarding the age factor? Not really. And I have no qualms about it because these actresses are the more experienced ones who would be able to act decently and draw crowds as opposed to getting the young newcomers who might not even be able to act properly, let alone handle a complex role.

Don't even look at WAB, looking at a majority of other series, most actresses tend to be older than the characters they portray. But if they're convincing and have the ability to carry off the role, why not? I'd rather have a slighty matured actress with good acting skills and experience to carry off a heavy role than a very young but inexperienced and raw actress do it, which would waste my time and ruin the series, especially if she was the lead.

BTW, it's not as if GG looked like a ridiculously old hag or anything in WAB. In fact, she looked beautiful and sophisticated. I had no problems accepting the emperor's affections for her as opposed to if a reallyyoung actress had taken on the role. Plus, the important thing was that she did not look anywhere older than the characters who were supposed to be older than her, eg, the Empress and Yu Fei.
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 11-24-06 at 03:01 PM.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

according to me.; of course Gigi more than Charmaine...the only thing Charmaine has that seems pretty are her eyes but other facial features are not pretty....
    Best Series: Family Man, Triumph in the Skies, The Last Breakthrough, Heart of Greed
    Actors: Moses Chan, Raymond Lam, Steven Ma
    Actress: Jessica Hsuan
    Character: Dek Dek Dei

Quote Originally Posted by girllikeme
    Welll liu yi fei is worst... so think about that and li yang do doesnt look like that. WHATS WRONG WITH SOMEONE TRyING TO MAKE THEMSELVES LOOK HOT? so if ur pretty, that means u must be a self-whoring person and things like that. NO !
    If you actually understood what I meant, which apparently you don't, I meant the POSE made her look as though it's one of those pics. Obviously, I don't mean that just being pretty. I thought it was rather easy to comprehend.

[QUOTE=ChestNut]
    All your ridiculous arguments against Gigi are unfounded, because Gigi has always been acting her age. /QUOTE]

In that case, Charmaine isn't acting her age as well. She was 29, and she was acting around 20 years old? *rolls eyes*
    Btw, Maggie wasn't as well, she was 35 and she was acting as a 20+ year old.

she won't be so popular cos there aren't many 35 year old characters around.
    Haha. That's just ridiculous. Sheren Tang? Do you need to attempt a guess at how old she was acting as during the show? Was she popular? Duh

Quote Originally Posted by ChestNut

Second, by saying dat China alone cannot support an artist. Have you ever heard of Li Yu Chun? -.-' She's a veryyy popular artist (champion of 2005 super girls) yet nobody really knows her outside of China. Yet, she is very successful and just in that first year she's out, she graced the cover of more magazines than any other artist. I have evidence for dat. let me find it.. here
    http://www.bjreview.com.cn/06-38-e/china-1.htm
    The fact dat most ppl here not knowing her, and yet she's still doing so well shows that China does have dat ability.. she even appeared in stamps for god's sake.. have you ever seen a celeb's face on stamps? Well, I havent..
    http://www.shanghaiist.com/archives/...oice_gir_1.php

Evidence of Li yang's popularity. Tieba or Baidu forum is very popular in China. And there's ranking for personal ba(s)...
    ranking here..
    http://post.baidu.com/top500/12.html
    Li yang's number 9.. Gg's not even in the top 500 list..
    And of course Li Yu Chun number one.. You should have seen the number of posts posted there.. The fact dat gigi's been around so long yet, none of her fans are (like u say), 'rabid' enough to post a lot for her shows something about their interest in her..
    Googling hits..
    Results 1 - 10 of about 553,000 for 黎姿
    Results 1 - 10 of about 710,000 for 刘力扬
    Of course, i know the hits cannot be use to measure ones' popularity...
    Why don't you help me by proving that Gigi is more popular than Li yang in China.
    LOL, so search results = popularity. Now let me take into account my parents who don't search the internet on their favourite stars. and my grandparents who do not even use the internet, but of course, they don't exist to you.
    It's obviously that LLY's fans are among the "teens" whereas Gigi's fans may be older. Like I said, popularity wise, it's like comparing F4 and Tony Leung. They are BOTH popular, doesn't mean that the same age group will have a preference from them. And the teenage age group definitely will run meaningless searches on their idols.
    Not to mention, these search results are completely meaningless. It simply means that at this point of time, LLY is among the top results, simply because this show was recently broadcast. It was just like when LYF was #1 when Return of the Condor Heroes was broadcast. Where is LYF on the charts now? The same thing will happen to LLY once the hype on Chao Ji Nu Sheng is over.

LOL, so search results = popularity. Now let me take into account my parents who don't search the internet on their favourite stars. and my grandparents who do not even use the internet, but of course, they don't exist to you.
    It's obviously that LLY's fans are among the "teens" whereas Gigi's fans may be older. Like I said, popularity wise, it's like comparing F4 and Tony Leung. They are BOTH popular, doesn't mean that the same age group will have a preference from them. And the teenage age group definitely will run meaningless searches on their idols.
    Not to mention, these search results are completely meaningless. It simply means that at this point of time, LLY is among the top results, simply because this show was recently broadcast. It was just like when LYF was #1 when Return of the Condor Heroes was broadcast. Where is LYF on the charts now? The same thing will happen to LLY once the hype on Chao Ji Nu Sheng is over.
    Chao ji nv sheng will be over? prove that. infact, its getting better each year, more people watch and vote. No, search results = popularity (thats not true). When we discuss something and bring up a point, it doesnt mean that that point is the main thing of it all. there are other points, and u cant expect us to mention all of them.... and chestnut said Of course, i know the hits cannot be use to measure ones' popularity...

Like you said, ur parents and grandparents dont search the intenet, so how would you determine that LLY's fans are amoung the 'teens'? there are alot of LLY's fans, who are older people, like you said as in parents and grandparents, who go to choa ji nv sheng and watch, and i dont think a 70-year old granny would be searchin the net. Maybe its just that LLY has a lot of fans.

Just like Chestnut said, Li yu chun. She finished chao ji nv sheng in 2005, but gets more famous by the minute. No affence, but maybe its just that LYF isnt that type that stays on her level of popularity.
    Sometimes it's hard to love someone because you're so afraid of losing them.

Haha. That's just ridiculous. Sheren Tang? Do you need to attempt a guess at how old she was acting as during the show? Was she popular? Duh
    btw. If you really read what chestnut said, she said 'Aren't many' not 'No 35 year olds...'

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow
    I dont know why u keep going on and on abt GG being old when she looks younger than many of her fellow colleagues, and no, she's not the only actress who portrays roles which are younger than her age. In fact, most actresses portray roles which are younger than their age, especially demanding roles because experience comes with age, unless you're a talent which is very rare.

Most of the lead actresses in WAB were much older thn the characters they portrayed. Charmaine's and GG's characters were supposed to be 18 or 20yrs old and Maggie's character was about that age as well. But in reality, they were at least a decade older than the characters. But was there any complains or problems regarding the age factor? Not really. And I have no qualms about it because these actresses are the more experienced ones who would be able to act decently and draw crowds as opposed to getting the young newcomers who might not even be able to act properly, let alone handle a complex role.

Don't even look at WAB, looking at a majority of other series, most actresses tend to be older than the characters they portray. But if they're convincing and have the ability to carry off the role, why not? I'd rather have a slighty matured actress with good acting skills and experience to carry off a heavy role than a very young but inexperienced and raw actress do it, which would waste my time and ruin the series, especially if she was the lead.

BTW, it's not as if GG looked like a ridiculously old hag or anything in WAB. In fact, she looked beautiful and sophisticated. I had no problems accepting the emperor's affections for her as opposed to if a reallyyoung actress had taken on the role. Plus, the important thing was that she did not look anywhere older than the characters who were supposed to be older than her, eg, the Empress and Yu Fei.
    -.-" yes she's OLD and I have like NO PROBLEM with dat. OMG.
    I just wanna say dat she hasn't been acting her age and I think IT"S FINE...
    U r the one who said she's always been acting her age in the first place. So I'm just telling u dat NO, she hasn't, and I didn't say SHE's not suitable for god's sake. She's heaps good? Get it? Omg..
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

In that case, Charmaine isn't acting her age as well. She was 29, and she was acting around 20 years old? *rolls eyes*
    Btw, Maggie wasn't as well, she was 35 and she was acting as a 20+ year old.

first, who the hell is sheren tang? Lolx...

Anyway, omg, like I said. I have no problem them not acting their age. Pls get ur facts right. I'm just saying dat she hasn't been acting her age as claimed by someone who said SHE has always been acting her age,..
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

-.-" yes she's OLD and I have like NO PROBLEM with dat. OMG.
    I just wanna say dat she hasn't been acting her age and I think IT"S FINE...
    U r the one who said she's always been acting her age in the first place. So I'm just telling u dat NO, she hasn't, and I didn't say SHE's not suitable for god's sake. She's heaps good? Get it? Omg..
    U must be mistaken. I've never said that, pls show me when i said that.

-.-" yes she's OLD and I have like NO PROBLEM with dat
    Really?
    But GG has wrinkles at the corner of her eyes and her face looks somewhat fake..
    -.- So I'm just telling u dat NO, she hasn't, and I didn't say SHE's not suitable for god's sake. She's heaps good? Get it? Omg..
    Ur fellow twin's reply:
    Unfortunately her age isnt the best way to be acting... she cant act very well anyway;
    And ur good buddy Big Master has been going on and on abt her GG should act roles which are her age
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 11-25-06 at 07:53 AM.

Wise Fool

Why don't you prove some evidence of Gigi being more popular then? -.-'' At least I tried. Plus are you from China? No. I thought we are talking about their popularity in CHINA itself. You can take into acc old people who don't use the internet to search on Gigi, but what about Li yang? She also have old and young fans who don't use the internet.

Plus, what we want is indeed at this point of time isn't it? Or else? When do you want? Oh, ten years ago perhaps when Gigi is already well known and Li yang a 14 year old girl? -.-'' And who are you to say Li yang's going to be same as LYF? The other past Chau Ji Nv Shens are still topping the celeb lists.. So, I dunno when this HYPE is going to be over..
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

bak to the charmaine vs. Gigi, take a look at this photo. Gigi looks worse without make-up then charmaine. Charmaine is still pretty, and yea u might think that she has a big nose, but thats not the point. its overall, and not with make-up. Make-up can fix up most problems.

When LLY is without make- up, she still looks gorjuzz
    Attached Images Attached Images

bak to the charmaine vs. Gigi, take a look at this photo. Gigi looks worse without make-up then charmaine. Charmaine is still pretty, and yea u might think that she has a big nose, but thats not the point. its overall, and not with make-up. Make-up can fix up most problems.

I think both of them look pretty bad w/o makeup with Charmaine looking slightly worse imo.

U said back to topic so why are u still talking abt ur LLY? If u want to promote and glorify her, pls do it in the right thread.

Wise Fool