Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: who do you think is more prettier gigi lai or charmaine sheh?

hey...

here a lot of Charmaine haters, eh?

whao...

oh well, who cares, i dun like her anw...

i will vote for gigi over charmaine any day...

Base on my experience of having seen both actresses in person before, I would say Gigi is prettier than Charmaine. Gigi is very soft-spoken & gentle while Charmaine is more open & easy-going...
    But one thing to mention, Gigi isn't much better than Charmaine for weight comparison... Her legs were as skinny as bamboos when I saw her in Sep!?

Wow, I'm very suprised by the comments on this thread. I find Charmaine to be prettier. I don't know why.

Quote Originally Posted by foreva
    GIGI lai. she's prettier, not to mention, she dresses better, and she acts better anyway.
    No affence, but i totall object. Gigi's look is cute, but mainly because of her big eyes. if you look at her properly, she doesnt fit into a normal persons characteristics. Her nose, eyes, mouth, etc. are closely squished together... unlike charmaine. pretty, and nice and spread out. I mean i dont like either, but i say charmaine is prettier.

Dresses better? they both are good i reckon. I quite like charmaine's style

When u say act... do u mean by acting in a show, or acting each day in life? coz either of them, Charmaine is better then her by MILES. Gigi lai is no competition for charmaine. Gigi cant act, and is really childish, crying over stupid things (no affence i dont mean to affend her but its true)..

and to be honest, i reckon charmaine sings better.

this is my opinion, and i know MANY people will disagree, but remember its my opinion.
    Sometimes it's hard to love someone because you're so afraid of losing them.

Quote Originally Posted by girllikeme
    No affence, but i totall object. Gigi's look is cute, but mainly because of her big eyes. if you look at her properly, she doesnt fit into a normal persons characteristics. Her nose, eyes, mouth, etc. are closely squished together... unlike charmaine. pretty, and nice and spread out. I mean i dont like either, but i say charmaine is prettier.

Dresses better? they both are good i reckon. I quite like charmaine's style

When u say act... do u mean by acting in a show, or acting each day in life? coz either of them, Charmaine is better then her by MILES. Gigi lai is no competition for charmaine. Gigi cant act, and is really childish, crying over stupid things (no affence i dont mean to affend her but its true)..

and to be honest, i reckon charmaine sings better.

this is my opinion, and i know MANY people will disagree, but remember its my opinion.
    Squashed together? I dont get what u mean but I think GG's features are more proportionate as compared to Charmaine's whom I think has too large a nose.

On the contrary, I think GG acts alot better than Charmaine who is dry and bland most of the time. GG is also much more versatile thn Charmaine who tends to only be able to portray sweet and naive roles (which do not require alot of acting).

Quite a number of GG fans actually prefer her singing to acting. And Charmaine garnered quite alot of criticisms for her singing. Eg. sounding too soft, weak and breathless.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow
    Squashed together? I dont get what u mean but I think GG's features are more proportionate as compared to Charmaine's whom I think has too large a nose.

On the contrary, I think GG acts alot better than Charmaine who is dry and bland most of the time. GG is also much more versatile thn Charmaine who tends to only be able to portray sweet and naive roles (which do not require alot of acting).

Quite a number of GG fans actually prefer her singing to acting. And Charmaine garnered quite alot of criticisms for her singing. Eg. sounding too soft, weak and breathless.
    Yea but dont u realise that gg's face is a bit squished and too small? i dunno different people different opinions... but i certainly cant stand gg's singing... people might like it, but i dont really.

Yea but dont u realise that gg's face is a bit squished and too small? i dunno different people different opinions... but i certainly cant stand gg's singing... people might like it, but i dont really.
    No. Since when does a small face = bad? The thing about Charmaine and Gigi, is that charmaine's face is too big for her stick body. You can tell that she's not naturally so skinny because her head is so big. Whereas, Gigi has a small face that is proportionate to her body.

Gigi's acting is so much better. She is very versatile, and can act well in many different roles. The only thing charmaine is good at are goody goody roles.

No. Since when does a small face = bad? The thing about Charmaine and Gigi, is that charmaine's face is too big for her stick body. You can tell that she's not naturally so skinny because her head is so big. Whereas, Gigi has a small face that is proportionate to her body.

Gigi's acting is so much better. She is very versatile, and can act well in many different roles. The only thing charmaine is good at are goody goody roles.
    There is a difference between small face and squished face... anyways Charmaine is good when she is evil... i like it even though i dont like her person

Actually I think Charmaine is more versatile. Gigi can only act in those innocent characters, or else, the ones whr she's tiny bit evil and justs cream through the scenes. And it's all the SAME. Her performance in Kam ZHi Yuk Yip was similar to what she did in,, i forgot the name, but it was with Charmaine and Ng Kai Wah, about 'Yi Tin Gim and Tou Lung Dou'.

Whereas Charmaine in Kam Zhi Yuk Yip is different and she can act soft kind, loud kind, evil kind. HEaps good you know?

Also, in Kam Zi Yuk Yip, both Gigi and Charmaine's characters are evil but Gigi's character is annoyingly evil whereas Charmaine's, although she's evil, she actually manage to persuade people to symphatise her, like her...
    Last edited by ChestNut; 11-22-06 at 09:18 PM.
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

Quote Originally Posted by ChestNut
    Actually I think Charmaine is more versatile. Gigi can only act in those innocent characters, or else, the ones whr she's tiny bit evil and justs cream through the scenes. And it's all the SAME. Her performance in Kam ZHi Yuk Yip was similar to what she did in,, i forgot the name, but it was with Charmaine and Ng Kai Wah, about 'Yi Tin Gim and Tou Lung Dou'.

Whereas Charmaine in Kam Zhi Yuk Yip is different and she can act soft kind, loud kind, evil kind. HEaps good you know?

Also, in Kam Zi Yuk Yip, both Gigi and Charmaine's characters are evil but Gigi's character is annoyingly evil whereas Charmaine's, although she's evil, she actually manage to persuade people to symphatise her, like her...
    Totally agree

I agree. I think most of Gigi's roles are so annoying...especially when she do evil roles, but Charmaine is not annoying.

since when does looking constipated equal good acting. if that's the case, i should win an award for every time i have a problem with my bowel. gee...the only thing charmaine can do is look constipated...and that is not acting. that's just her crying out for fiber.

gigi has made it big for her singing and acting...even if i don't like gigi's acting...i find it much more tolerable than charmaine. heck, why watch charmaine at all? it'll remind me how painful being constipated is.

and in terms of looks? gigi's face is not squashed together...that would be leila tong. charmaine's face is too stretched out...which explains her mile long and 2 miles wide nose.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Well, that's your opinion. Charmaine's acting to me is all the SAME. Besides, her acting has never ever touched me in any other way except boring. Gigi on the other hand, some people may say she overact, but her characters makes you feel for her.

There is a difference between small face and squished face... anyways Charmaine is good when she is evil... i like it even though i dont like her person
    Well, then you are the only one who sees that, but alot of people see charmaine as big face big nose, stick body.

in my opinion..

acting- Gigi Lai

beauty- Gigi Lai

Gigi Lai wins!!!!!!!!

Well, that's your opinion. Charmaine's acting to me is all the SAME. Besides, her acting has never ever touched me in any other way except boring. Gigi on the other hand, some people may say she overact, but her characters makes you feel for her.

Well, then you are the only one who sees that, but alot of people see charmaine as big face big nose, stick body.
    Again thats ur opinion... but nothing can change truth. Acting might not touch u, but touch others. world doesnt revolve around one person

Gigi on the other hand, some people may say she overact, but her characters makes you feel for her.
    -.-' Yeah, I feel annoyed looking at her dat is...
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

I actually sympathised more with Yuk Ying than Yee Shun, which says alot about Charmaine's acting given that she had the much more pitiful role.

Again thats ur opinion... but nothing can change truth. Acting might not touch u, but touch others. world doesnt revolve around one person
    You said it yourself.

Again thats ur opinion... but nothing can change truth.
    What is the truth? Your opinion is the truth?
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 11-23-06 at 12:47 AM.

Wise Fool

I actually sympathised more with Yuk Ying than Yee Shun, which says alot about Charmaine's acting given that she had the much more pitiful role.
    Well, datz u then. Cos I actually symphathised Yee Shun more. And I was actually happy when Yee Shun got Yuk Ying.
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

You said it yourself.

What is the truth? Your opinion is the truth?
    no im not saying my opinion is the truth, but the truth is in front of all of us.

If we like something, even if it is worse than the opponent, we will always stick to them. Well thats the same with this, u like gigi, u stick to her, i like charmaine, i stick to her, but in the end.... no matter how much You talk and argue about it, the truth is never changed.

no im not saying my opinion is the truth, but the truth is in front of all of us.
    You talk and argue about it, the truth is never changed.
    Yep so what is the truth?

Wise Fool