Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "No Turning Back" - New Series w/ Patrick Tam & Amy Kwok & Yip Da Han

Default "No Turning Back" - New Series w/ Patrick Tam & Amy Kwok & Yip Da Han

DO NOT KNOW IF THERE IS THREAD OUT THERE ON THIS SERIES THEREFORE MAKING NEW THREAD

"No Turning Back" new series now showing on ATV in HK

I though using the end as the beginning and talked about what happened throughout the series through flashback is a good idea BECAUSE many people like to see the song and want to see who ends up dead, alive or who with who.

EVEN though this is also usually shown in video song theme.

I just saw the first five episodes and I find it interesting. It seemed like that Patrick's character has always been in love with Patricia's character. People should watch this series, it's very good.

Does anyone have the ratings for its first week? I'm curious.

average is 4 points in first week, around 260,000 viewers

《義無反顧》26萬觀眾 收視升1倍 (明報) 11月 28日 星期二 05:05AM

【明報專訊】無《賭場風雲》與亞視《義無反顧》上周同時段首播,《賭》劇平均收視30點,比《肥田》跌2 點,流失觀眾接近13萬;亞視重頭劇《義無反顧》接《白色巨塔》播映,收視「勁」升,因
    廣 告
    為《白》劇的平均收視僅2點,《義無反顧》雖只有平均4點收視,約26萬人次,但升幅已足足1倍。不過,亞 視周一至五的三線劇集中,收視最高是《盲俠金魚飛天豬》,平均收視5點,最高6點收視,約38萬觀眾。肥姐 主持的《友緣相聚》上周首播,平均收視24點,最高28點,比對上一星期同時段節目收視跌1點 。

記者﹕唐嘉晞

Just saw the first 5 episodes...

I like Amy's & Patrick's characters very much.

I do feel sorry for Law Ka Ying being in jail and them mentioning it in episode 5 where Patrick's secretarys do NOT know that the driver in jail is his Patrick's dad. I think that Chung Kong ... Patricia's & Gabrielle's dad ... caused him to go to jail and later order Hawick to get rid of Law Ka Ying.

Quote Originally Posted by humbeggar
    average is 4 points in first week, around 260,000 viewers

《義無反顧》26萬觀眾 收視升1倍 (明報) 11月 28日 星期二 05:05AM

【明報專訊】無《賭場風雲》與亞視《義無反顧》上周同時段首播,《賭》劇平均收視30點,比《肥田》跌2 點,流失觀眾接近13萬;亞視重頭劇《義無反顧》接《白色巨塔》播映,收視「勁」升,因
    廣 告
    為《白》劇的平均收視僅2點,《義無反顧》雖只有平均4點收視,約26萬人次,但升幅已足足1倍。不過,亞 視周一至五的三線劇集中,收視最高是《盲俠金魚飛天豬》,平均收視5點,最高6點收視,約38萬觀眾。肥姐 主持的《友緣相聚》上周首播,平均收視24點,最高28點,比對上一星期同時段節目收視跌1點 。

記者﹕唐嘉晞

Only 4 point?????????! Oh my god, that's like extremely low. Too bad hk people won't give ATV a chance because this series is very good that's why even Deanna Yip came out of retirement because the script was that good.

Quote Originally Posted by christinatran
    Only 4 point?????????! Oh my god, that's like extremely low. Too bad hk people won't give ATV a chance because this series is very good that's why even Deanna Yip came out of retirement because the script was that good.
    Even a crappy TVB series can win over ATV decent series. Dicey Business is a good series. Interesting plot, with interesting characters and good acting all round. So, it's hard to fight them. It's a already an improvement because I heard the previous series in the same slot only get 2 points. But I still hope the rating of this ATV series can keep on improving. At least up to 2 digits.

Both series also deserve high ratings. Why must they pit against each other?
    Last edited by kidd; 11-30-06 at 09:13 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Both series also deserve high ratings. Why must they pitch against each other?
    That's what I am thinking, they should air it when TVB had crappy series, then at least they will have better ratings, up to 2 digits and it will give HK viewers more chance to change their opinion on ATV series.

Quote Originally Posted by _P1Y0_
    That's what I am thinking, they should air it when TVB had crappy series, then at least they will have better ratings, up to 2 digits and it will give HK viewers more chance to change their opinion on ATV series.
    I've just found out that ATV only air the series now because they want to avoid the very hyped up 'Fei Tin Hei Si'.

They shouldn't have aired it against Dicey though because Dicey is hyped too.

If ATV had promoted this series more and aired it at the beginning of next year, I think it would get better ratings. In order to get people to watch something is to let them know that it exists. There are barely any news on this series or its casts. Whereas, we heard so much about Dicey. ATV could really boost its ratings using the promotional tactics of TVB.

Quote Originally Posted by Annisa
    They shouldn't have aired it against Dicey though because Dicey is hyped too.

If ATV had promoted this series more and aired it at the beginning of next year, I think it would get better ratings. In order to get people to watch something is to let them know that it exists. There are barely any news on this series or its casts. Whereas, we heard so much about Dicey. ATV could really boost its ratings using the promotional tactics of TVB.
    It's pretty hard to shedule this series against crappy TVB series. This is because TVB also will schedule their programs against ATV's schedule. I think TVB purposely pit Dicey against No Turning Back.

Actually, from what I've heard, ATV announced their showing of NTB after TVB announced Dicey. It is said that ATV is actually challenging TVB, which is what they did with Central Affairs too.

I just don't understand ATV at all, if they are challenging TVB, for pete's sake, do more promotion of the series. How the hell can they compete with TVB if all they do is rely on word of mouth? By the time that does work, HK people are already halfway done with Dicey, they can't expect people to tune in to their channel do they?

I'm on chapter 9 of this and it's pretty good. I really like Patrick Tam and it's nice to see Amy again. I haven't watched anything with her in it for ages. How do you guys find Hawick in here? Is this is first ATV series since leaving TVB?

I agree that ATV doesn't do enough to promote their stars or series! How do they even stay alive with TVB breathing down their neck all the time? Does anyone know how well ATV actors are paid compared to TVB?

WARNING SPOILERS...

Good story ... BUT ... very very bad ending. AND because of this ending it makes the show suck

What I hate the most is that Patrick does find the Box Amy is put in but still end of series we do not know what happens to her or whether she is alive or dead.

After all that Amy & Patrick goes through it does not show them together in a happy ending.

does anyone know the average rating of the series? THANKS!

and when do patrick love amy? and when do they get marry?

im on tape 12 in viet. it is releasing so slow. i just got to some time after the rape scene. can't wait to watch more. my series bugs are biting. they need to release it faster and not change the dubbing. it is so annoying cause all of a sudden they changed the voice for hawick. i hope the old guy comes back. is any other viets watching this?

Yea, the tapes are releasing REALLY slowly. This is an ATV series I actually enjoy.

What old guy?
    Crushes only crush you,
    Falling only hurts you,
    Hearts will only break you,
    If there is no love to save you.

I really enjoyed this series. Don't usually watch ATV series but this is good. Really good pace throughout the series. Both Patrick Tam and Harwick Lau are great here. Don't like the ending at all which spoils the series overall

i'm watching it right now, and i think the story will get more interesting. but it seems like a lot of people are going to die T-T. then it would be like the central affairs, right? i never liked sad ending series, but i think these two have very interesting storylines. even though it scares me a little bit with all the killing and revenges, especially the changes from a person. for some reason i think it's more frightening than horror movies. i wish the world is not like what is in the series.

I really l like this series.. The dialogue and characters are pretty well-written.. Only thing is... they kind of tell you everything in the beginning.. That sucks... but then again, that might be ATV's way of drawing attention...