Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Further proof that Smiling Proud Wanderer era kung fu beats DGSD/Trilogy era kung fu

No worries, brother Linghu. Like you said, you are just getting the information from translated version. A few mistakes is a small price to pay considering the hard work of translating a lengthy novel.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    No worries, brother Linghu.
    Hi PJ Da Ga . I'm glad that you called me brother.
    "The bitterest enemy of you is carnal desires of yourself."

"The best fight is fight against carnal desires of oneself."

- The Successor of the Prophet of Islam, Imam Ali peace be upon him

Question

A question:

Between Blue Phoenix of SPW, OYF of LOCH and LMC of ROCH, which one was better in applying poison and if we suppose they were to fight with each other, which one probably would win?

Requesting guidance:

I would like to read others' opinions and give my opinion about similarities between Protagonists of JY novels.

Also about comparison between wuxia fighters that were using poison in fights and whether it is a righteous way to use poison in fight or not.

But I don't know in which thread these two topics have been discussed (If have been discussed already).

Can anybody guide me to right thread?

Between Blue Phoenix of SPW, OYF of LOCH and LMC of ROCH, which one was better in applying poison and if we suppose they were to fight with each other, which one probably would win?
    I would place my money on OYF, both on applying poison and fighting each other. Can't remember much of Blue Phoenix, but LMC was far behind OYF in terms of MA and poison wise, a half crazed OYF could easily cure YG from her poison needles.
    Quote Originally Posted by remixedasian View Post
    6: Duan Yu is the greatest martial artist of all time

Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    I would place my money on OYF, both on applying poison and fighting each other. Can't remember much of Blue Phoenix, but LMC was far behind OYF in terms of MA and poison wise, a half crazed OYF could easily cure YG from her poison needles.
    West Poison Au Yeung Fung was actually the source of all of Lee Mok Sau's poisons knowledge. She wasn't an expert in poisons until after she had stolen his poisons manual from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    West Poison Au Yeung Fung was actually the source of all of Lee Mok Sau's poisons knowledge. She wasn't an expert in poisons until after she had stolen his poisons manual from him.
    What about my sister Blue Phoenix?

Firstly blue phoenix had poisonous blood and therefore was ineffectual by poisons, but OYF and LMC had not poisonous blood and poisons affected on them so we see OYF becamed poisoned by LMC's poisonous needles and needed some time to expel the poison from his body and LMC also were poisioned by her own poisonous needles by HR.

SPW, Chapter 16:
    Just Blue Phoenix, by herself, already had many centipedes and spiders hidden on her.
    SPW, Chapter 17:
    They are around venomous pests days and nights, so naturally their blood contained poison.
    To poison your blood yet preserve your life is the trick her Five-Sylph Sect is really good at.
    Secondly she was using poison in a peculiar way that nobody knew how she was applying poison:

SPW, Ch. 16:
    The “Five-Sylph Sect” specialized in using miasma, parasite, and venomous pests… the way they use their poison were so eerie and creepy that they were simply unimaginable… when someone was poisoned by the Five-Sylph Sect, even if the executor explained it in details, it would still be totally unbelievable and unimaginable. The uniqueness and the eeriness simply could not be reasoned using normal logic.
    Thirdly nobody in SPW including YBQ even after learning KHBD dared not to offend her:
    SPW, Ch. 38:
    The one leading these people was none other than your master, Mr. Yue…

"With big sister there, if they wanted to capture me, it won't be that easy," Linghu Chong said.
    Blue Phoenix looked pleased and she laughingly said, "That's their good luck. If they dared to harm a single hair on your body, I can say my poison would've killed a hundred of them."

"They were afraid there was poison on my body so none of them dared to touch me. Someone said it would be better to chop me to make sure I'm dead. Some said to shoot projectiles at me. But even though they talked big, none dared to make a move.
    Please notice that the leader of these people that dared not touch or chop her body or shoot projectiles was YBQ.

SPW, Ch. 38:
    "Ok!" Linghu Chong replied. He believed that Blue Phoenix's skill in using poison was very high and there would be no one who would dare to harm her. But he still advised, "You don't need to fear other people. But if you come across my master, his sword is really fast, you must be really careful!"
    This part of Chapter 38 is the best proof that LHC believed even YBQ dared not to harm her because this phrase "there would be no one who would dare to harm her" included YBQ and the phrase "But he still advised…" also indicated that his first sentence included YBQ.

On the other hand, blue phoenix was sure that she could kill YBQ easily if she wanted:

SPW, Ch. 38:
    The one leading these people was none other than your master, Mr. Yue… "I could only look on in anger and was thinking of killing him with poison right there. But I kept thinking and wasn't sure what you would think. If I really wanted to poison and kill him, it would after all only take a moment."
    So if she could kill YBQ easily if she wanted, she probably even could kill DFBB if she wanted. If RWX brought her with his group for fighting DFBB, maybe she could kill DFBB befor entering his room by sending poisonous smell just as she poisoned the whole Huashang group in chapter 16 just by the smell of her wine, but if so we couldn't see how powerful DFBB was.

Blue Phoenix strikes me as the Gu Long style of poisoner. The kind where just as you think you got away from the poison, you're poisoned six ways to Tuesday

So if she could kill YBQ easily if she wanted, she probably even could kill DFBB if she wanted.
    But I wouldn't go this far. Strong enough internal energy does give resistance against poison and YBQ has minuscule internal energy compared to the heavy-weights like RWX, FZ or DFBB. So killing YBQ might not be too difficult (at the same time, if YBQ took the initiative to kill BP, she'd probably die too), killing someone far stronger (not to mention harder to get at) isn't nearly as easy.

Furthermore, in JY canon there were items that could dispel poisons simply by wearing it. For instance, in LOCH, OYF offered up as a dowry gift to HR an item that negates the poison of all snakes. These sort of precious items are the things collected up and horded by the Sun Moon Cult (as exampled by them stealing the KHBD as well as some of the Tai Chi manuals) so I doubt Blue Phoenix, an underling of the Sun Moon Cult (and was definitely utterly reverent and fearful) would be able to decapitate the leadership.
    Last edited by ChronoReverse; 02-20-10 at 03:04 PM.

ChronoReverse, maybe u r right. u r very knowledgeable.

Given that OYF was considered a Grandmaster of Poisons and that he definitely wanted to top the other Greats, yet never really resorted to poisons to attack them, the JY plot devices probably dictate that really top exponents are quite resistant to poisoning attempts.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    Given that OYF was considered a Grandmaster of Poisons and that he definitely wanted to top the other Greats, yet never really resorted to poisons to attack them, the JY plot devices probably dictate that really top exponents are quite resistant to poisoning attempts.
    But OYF really were resorting to poisons to attack his opponants because he had two poisonous snake in his stick and he was using this stick with these two poisonous snake in fights and HQG also was poisoned by these to snakes of OYF.

Moreover since HQG was poisoned in LOCH to the extent that he was near death and OYF also was poisoned in ROCH, so it is not right that the top exponents are quite resistant to poisoning attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
    Strong enough internal energy does give resistance against poison
    I say the same reply that I write to CC.

Furthermore, in JY canon there were items that could dispel poisons simply by wearing it. For instance, in LOCH, OYF offered up as a dowry gift to HR an item that negates the poison of all snakes.
    I think the item that OYF offered to HR negated only the poison of HIS snakes not all the poisons of the world so he himself was poisoned by LMC's poisonous needles.

I said snake poisons. Not ALL poisons

OYF had the distinction of having the most poisonous snakes, period. And EVEN THEN, despite two of those snakes fully poisoning H7G in a sneak attack (even OYF couldn't get H7G without one), they failed to kill H7G. This is the same poison that could kill an entire sea of sharks with just a little bit!

I said snake poisons. Not ALL poisons

OYF had the distinction of having the most poisonous snakes, period. And EVEN THEN, despite two of those snakes fully poisoning H7G in a sneak attack (even OYF couldn't get H7G without one), they failed to kill H7G. This is the same poison that could kill an entire sea of sharks with just a little bit!
    Thank ChronoReverse very much for answering my question.

So it seams it is right that strong enough internal energy does give resistance against poison to some extent.

But I disagree that all of sharks were killed by the same poison. As OYF said in novel, the blood of each shark become poisonous after drinking the poisonous blood of the privious skark, although I don't know if this is acceptable according to science or not.

I have some other questions about using poison in fights but since this thread is not meant for discussion about poisons, I prefer to make a new thread for asking my questions.

Well, if the poison is capable of turning all your blood into more poison, doesn't that make H7G surviving it even more impressive? (He did get the antidote after a bit IIRC though).

Well, if the poison is capable of turning all your blood into more poison, doesn't that make H7G surviving it even more impressive? (He did get the antidote after a bit IIRC though).
    u r right. I didn't view it from this perspective.
    Last edited by Linghu; 02-26-10 at 01:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by flamer View Post
    I was referring to internal energy too. GJ improved drastically in both energy and techniques.

Even RWX can't absorb Fang Zheng's internal energy and I doubt it's as strong as GJ's 9 Yin internal. GJ wouldn't need to fight LHC using a sword, he could fight bare-handed and still win.
    im fan of GJ trust me. even when i play wuxia game i used his name as my ign. but still, we cant underestimate the sword technique that counter against any known martial arts (including internal and palm technique) and when it start attacking it wont stop. opponents can only def so that there is no defensive move in the technique. how profound it is?

Quote Originally Posted by Fu Hong Xue View Post
    im fan of GJ trust me. even when i play wuxia game i used his name as my ign. but still, we cant underestimate the sword technique that counter against any known martial arts (including internal and palm technique) and when it start attacking it wont stop. opponents can only def so that there is no defensive move in the technique. how profound it is?
    The problem is LHC never fully/perfect mastered DG9S especially palm/qi breaking stance even till the end of SPW..

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    The problem is LHC never fully/perfect mastered DG9S especially palm/qi breaking stance even till the end of SPW..
    really? did they mention that? i only know that people play their best stance infront of him in events to show their respect towards his amazing sword tech. i mean even the great doesnt get that kind of respect right? and he can also absorb enemy Qi so that count something right? I'm not pushing him so high. But he should not be so lowly rated right? now like forget about LHC, even FQY himself being treated like 2nd rated. that amazed me alot.

And i have one question i would like to ask u all. the adaptation version, the series, the power they show are same? like one of the recent series for LHC, in one fight, FQY can move as fast as DFBB when he was chasing DFBB. I was like wow,, he is that fast??? he is like most senior in term of ages and generation and still can move like flash....that is too OP.