Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Red Kid / Hong Hai Er/ Hồng Hà Nhi

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i1.sinaimg.cn/ent/v/m/2008-08-06/U2184P28T3D2129601F326DT20080806182609.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i0.sinaimg.cn/ent/v/m/2008-08-06/U2184P28T3D2129601F329DT20080806182609.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i3.sinaimg.cn/ent/v/m/2008-08-06/U2184P28T3D2129601F328DT20080806182609.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i2.sinaimg.cn/ent/v/m/2008-08-06/U2184P28T3D2129601F358DT20080806182609.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://news.xinhuanet.com/ent/2006-06/14/xinsrc_562060314085117189118.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img93.pp.sohu.com/images/blog/2006/7/28/21/0/10d47898cbe.jpg')

My friend really wants to see this since she is a big Vincent fan. However, I have heard a lot of bad reviews about this series so not sure if I should get this series for my friend or not...What do you guys think of this series overall??
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

To Trinie: I am a big fan of Vincent Jiao, but I couldn't get through this series. If your friend is a into over-exaggerated acting and over-usage of cgi, then this series is for her. Otherwise, I suggest you invest in some of Vincent's other series.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust View Post
    To Trinie: I am a big fan of Vincent Jiao, but I couldn't get through this series. If your friend is a into over-exaggerated acting and over-usage of cgi, then this series is for her. Otherwise, I suggest you invest in some of Vincent's other series.
    Hi Mystic Dust,
    Thanks for your input. I think that I will not get this for my friend then. She loves Vincent and so I do, but I never just watch a series just for the cast only. The plot and everything else has to be decent too. I think I will convince my friend to not see this one and see other ones instead since there are are so many bad reviews of it.
    By the way, what do you think of Tian Di Zhuan Qi?? I was planning to get that one instead since that one sounds like a way better series...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    Hi Mystic Dust,
    Thanks for your input. I think that I will not get this for my friend then. She loves Vincent and so I do, but I never just watch a series just for the cast only. The plot and everything else has to be decent too. I think I will convince my friend to not see this one and see other ones instead since there are are so many bad reviews of it.
    By the way, what do you think of Tian Di Zhuan Qi?? I was planning to get that one instead since that one sounds like a way better series...
    I haven't watched Tian Di Zhuan Qi (yesasia has the title as Tian Di Chuan Qi; I'm assuming it's the same thing?). That's "the Legend of Heaven and Earth" show that I wanted to watch, but I have yet to find the time or the way to watch it yet. I recall TheCat saying in the Vincent thread that it has poor production values, which tend to be the case with a lot of these fantasy-ish shows. I am thinking low budget problems. I don't know, but I think I will like it better than "The Red Kid" because from the youtube clip I found: the acting seems less over-excessive than in "The Red Kid." However the show that I really want to watch of his at the moment have got to be Lei Hen Jian , since I think his acting looked very good from all the clips I have seen so far. The jury on the actual show is still up in the air. Some people really liked it and some don't. However, I heard the acting is good (I have faith in both Vincent as an evil character and Ada had never failed me).
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust View Post
    I haven't watched Tian Di Zhuan Qi (yesasia has the title as Tian Di Chuan Qi; I'm assuming it's the same thing?). That's "the Legend of Heaven and Earth" show that I wanted to watch, but I have yet to find the time or the way to watch it yet. I recall TheCat saying in the Vincent thread that it has poor production values, which tend to be the case with a lot of these fantasy-ish shows. I am thinking low budget problems. I don't know, but I think I will like it better than "The Red Kid" because from the youtube clip I found: the acting seems less over-excessive than in "The Red Kid." However the show that I really want to watch of his at the moment have got to be Lei Hen Jian , since I think his acting looked very good from all the clips I have seen so far. The jury on the actual show is still up in the air. Some people really liked it and some don't. However, I heard the acting is good (I have faith in both Vincent as an evil character and Ada had never failed me).
    Yea, it is Tian Di Chuan Qi(sometimes it is spelled Zhuan and sometimes Chuan).I want to see that since it sounds interesting and talks about the story of Nu Wa and how she saved the skies from falling.

My friend has seen Lei Hen Jian and really likes it and Vincent's performance. I have seen another version of Lei Hen Jian before and didn't like it at all so I may pass on that series. That is based on Gu Long's novel and the Viet title for one version is Anh Hung Vo Le. I know how the character that Vincent plays is. He is both a good and bad guy which is a breakthrough of his other characters. I think the vast majority like Lei Hen Jian from what I have heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    Yea, it is Tian Di Chuan Qi(sometimes it is spelled Zhuan and sometimes Chuan).
    Chuan is the correct spelling.

http://space.tv.cctv.com/podcast/tiandichuanqi
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 04-01-09 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge View Post
    Chuan is the correct spelling.

http://space.tv.cctv.com/podcast/tiandichuanqi
    Thanks for the info. I have seen it it spelled both ways and I tend to forget as well, so thanks for reminding me....