Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Red Kid / Hong Hai Er/ Hồng Hà Nhi

Exclamation The Red Kid / Hong Hai Er/ Hồng Hà Nhi

I'm watching it but i'm asking you guys on what you thought of the movie was it good. I loved Guan Yin (goddess) and the fox demon (the one who moved in with the ox demon) the best she looked cute
    Last edited by tru0001; 11-23-06 at 02:20 AM.
    Watching:
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/1452/honghaiervv0.png'), '')

i tried watching this, but couldn't endured it for more than 3 episodes. the over-exaggerated acting just was tooooo much for me. I generally love Vincent and follow his series loyally, but it was just too much. It was also too happy-happy for my taste. sadness, b/c i was looking forward to it b4 i watched it, but oh well. I will just follow vincent to some other show (Bao Lien Dang, please excuse my spelling lol).
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

U guyz really dunno how to enjoy gd series.... the red kid is alrite from ep 4 and on it gets better... i watch it becoz of kelvin cui peng ... nehu here sum pics....

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.hkatv.com/drama/06/redkid/_image/pic01.jpg') $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.hkatv.com/drama/06/redkid/_image/pic02.jpg') $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.hkatv.com/drama/06/redkid/_image/pic03.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.hkatv.com/drama/06/redkid/_image/pic05.jpg')
    Attached Images Attached Images
    In Love with Raymond Lam Fung And Kelvin Cui Peng...

I Gotta Do What I Ought Ta...

I'm a huge Vincent fan myself. Never looked into this series yet. Is it worth watching?

Quote Originally Posted by musouwarrior View Post
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.hkatv.com/drama/06/redkid/_image/pic02.jpg')

is this yip dong?
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

MAGIC SHOOTER HISASHI MITSUI!

Smile i cant find this video

Quote Originally Posted by musouwarrior View Post
    U guyz really dunno how to enjoy gd series.... the red kid is alrite from ep 4 and on it gets better... i watch it becoz of kelvin cui peng ... nehu here sum pics....

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.hkatv.com/drama/06/redkid/_image/pic01.jpg') $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.hkatv.com/drama/06/redkid/_image/pic02.jpg') $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.hkatv.com/drama/06/redkid/_image/pic03.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.hkatv.com/drama/06/redkid/_image/pic05.jpg')
    hi i've been trying to look for this video hahaha i cant find it.....im looking for it from episdoe 1-the end of it. if you find a web site were i can watch it for free can you send it to me thanks

This is such a cute series. I believe I saw it on a vietnamese site, but no subs. Sorry =[

Very Cute. The little kid, AWESOME! =)
    Always in search of great historical/costume dramas.
    Find me on MyDramaList ^_^

Like MysticDust I am also a loyal Vincent fan. I actually finished it. You have to keep in mind it was meant for kids. The story is sort of split into two parts. The first is the story about the Red kid story. I thought the kid was very good. It’s hard to get good kid actors. The second part is more about the Bull King. Vincent is quite adorable in the second part. I found that this story line was a bit too adult for kids. If you don’t mind some silliness and some cuteness then give it a try. I liked it.
    click to show/hide spoilers
    The Bull King’s powers and his horns are gone so he looks mortal after a battle with the Three Headed Dragon Demon. He can’t remember who he is or even how to speak. He is taken in by a village girl named Huan Zhu. (The same village girl helping the Red Kid in the first half) She helps him re-learn everything. Here Vincent’s character is simply named Bull and he is very charming. He gets his memory back then loses it in the morning. This happens several times before it is back for good Then it becomes this complicated love triangle story.
    Last edited by TheCat; 07-25-08 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by big master View Post
    is this yip dong?
    The Princess is played by Yip Tung. English name Cecilia Yip Chinese name: 葉童.
    This is the link to Drama wiki.
    http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Cecilia_Yip

Quote Originally Posted by TheCat View Post
    Like MysticDust I am also a loyal Vincent fan. I actually finished it. You have to keep in mind it was meant for kids. The story is sort of split into two parts. The first is the story about the Red kid story. I thought the kid was very good. It’s hard to get good kid actors. The second part is more about the Bull King. Vincent is quite adorable in the second part. I found that this story line was a bit too adult for kids. If you don’t mind some silliness and some cuteness then give it a try.
    click to show/hide spoilers
    The Bull King’s powers and his horns are gone so he looks mortal after a battle with the Three Headed Dragon Demon. He can’t remember who he is or even how to speak. He is taken in by a village girl named Huan Zhu. (The same village girl helping the Red Kid in the first half) She takes him in and helps him relearn everything. Here Vincent’s character is simply named Bull and he is very charming. He gets his memory back then loses it in the morning. This happens several times before it is back for good Then it becomes this complicated love triangle story.

I thought the begginning was really cute when HHN/HHE was trying to help his mom, but then when the parent's stories involved it got really draggy. ESPECIALLY when his Vincent lost his memory. It was like a recap of the other series I watched when an immortal lost his memory [Moon Fairy]

Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust View Post
    i tried watching this, but couldn't endured it for more than 3 episodes. the over-exaggerated acting just was tooooo much for me. I generally love Vincent and follow his series loyally, but it was just too much. It was also too happy-happy for my taste. sadness, b/c i was looking forward to it b4 i watched it, but oh well. I will just follow vincent to some other show (Bao Lien Dang, please excuse my spelling lol).

was vincent in bao lien dang? i thought that was jimmy lin.

Quote Originally Posted by lilviet_grl8o8 View Post
    was vincent in bao lien dang? i thought that was jimmy lin.
    MysticDust was referring to Vincent's Bao Lian Deng or Lotus Lantern made in 2005. Jimmy Lin's was 2000.

Vincent - 2005
    http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Lotus_Lantern_%282005%29

Jimmy - 2000
    http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Lotus_Lantern_%282000%29

Oh I see, I didn't realize there was two versions.

I saw Jimmy Lin's version if Vincent's version is any close, I'd rather watch HHN,because they keep going back into the past, back into the future and realized they need to go back..blah. It's like a Back to the Future kinda thing.

Oh I see, I didn't realize there was two versions.

I saw Jimmy Lin's version if Vincent's version is any close, I'd rather watch HHN,because they keep going back into the past, back into the future and realized they need to go back..blah. It's like a Back to the Future kinda thing.
    Lotus Lantern 2005 is actually really good. It is nothing like the 2000 version. It had a full cast of all the characters present in Lotus Lantern as well as adding in more from the original. This was the series that made me into a Vincent fan. Since then I've started a Facebook group for all Vincent fans. I'd strongly recommend Lotus Lantern 2005 over The Red Kid. Although, I liked The Red Kid alot too. The first half was a series that was aimed at a target audience composed of children. The second half was your typical teen flick.

Quote Originally Posted by kawaiigurl107 View Post
    Lotus Lantern 2005 is actually really good. It is nothing like the 2000 version. It had a full cast of all the characters present in Lotus Lantern as well as adding in more from the original. This was the series that made me into a Vincent fan. Since then I've started a Facebook group for all Vincent fans. I'd strongly recommend Lotus Lantern 2005 over The Red Kid. Although, I liked The Red Kid alot too. The first half was a series that was aimed at a target audience composed of children. The second half was your typical teen flick.
    I see, I'll definitly try to check it out. Jimmy's version irritated me though. Bleh. The Lotus Latern went really close th the whole Nguu Lang Chuc Nu, and Hang Nga story for me. A fairy goddess who falls in loves, and gets punished...

But, the red kid was something different. I just enjoyed it in my opinion.

I first saw Vincent in SwordsmenIII? I think, there was three parts, one with dicky cheung, howie huang, and then vincent.

I liked vincent in I love my Lion princess. lol.

I see, I'll definitly try to check it out. Jimmy's version irritated me though. Bleh. The Lotus Latern went really close th the whole Nguu Lang Chuc Nu, and Hang Nga story for me. A fairy goddess who falls in loves, and gets punished...

But, the red kid was something different. I just enjoyed it in my opinion.

I first saw Vincent in SwordsmenIII? I think, there was three parts, one with dicky cheung, howie huang, and then vincent.

I liked vincent in I love my Lion princess. lol.
    If you're able to understand Mandarin then you can catch Lotus Lantern on youtube. Someone's posted the link and hosting the epis now. TheCat and I are working hard to keep both Vincent's facebook group and his spcnet thread updated.

If you can understand Chinese here is the Red Kid site. If you don't then you can still click on the blue section menu to get to characters and cast.

http://www.hkatv.com/drama/06/redkid/

Sorry, I don't understand Chinese. Maybe one or two words, but theyy speak too fast. I'm Viet. Subtitles would be nice.

I have quite a few series with Vincent in my house.
    I used to do reviews, but it was very hard since I watch it in Vietnamese. So it got confusing translating back and forth from chinese to viet [the names]

The Red Kid will be available on Yesaisa soon but it only has Cantonese or Mandarin dubs.

I have seen this series and I love it! I have a question. Who is the actoress who plays Princess Iron Fan, the red boy's mother in the series?(铁扇公主)