Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Death of Gwok Jing - a horde of soldiers, or a team of elite fighters?

Default The Death of Gwok Jing - a horde of soldiers, or a team of elite fighters?

When the end finally came for Gwok Jing at the Final Battle of Seung Yeung Fortress thirteen years after the end of ROCH, do you think he finally fell to a large horde of Mongolian soldiers, or do you think it was a team of elite Mongolian martial artists that did him in?

Most elite mongolian fighters were gone,perhaps a few subelite fighters + hordes of mongolian soldier of 10000+

The Heavenly Divine Wheel Monk killed them

Quote Originally Posted by strife_au
    The Heavenly Divine Wheel Monk killed them
    I suppose that this guy would be better than Broken Whee...,er, the Golden Wheel Monk.

All kidding aside, although the Mongols' force of elite fighters had been decimated by Yeung Gor by the end of ROCH, I don't see why the Mongols couldn't have recruited new fighters in the intervening thirteen years. Greats-level fighters are hard to come by, so it's unlikely that the Mongol Empire found another Golden Wheel Monk, but having a large number of very good fighters like the Mongols did in HSDS is almost as good (if not better). The combined might of the Mongol mercenaries in HSDS, for example, might have been enough to take down a Greats level fighter.

Easier to do a rain of arrows on wherever he was. Remember that scene where ZBT got wounded by the Mongols when they did an arrow barrage? Even ROCH Greats can't take an army showering arrows on them for long.

If he was indoors then maybe just set fire to the place to flush him out, then call down the artillery.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    Easier to do a rain of arrows on wherever he was. Remember that scene where ZBT got wounded by the Mongols when they did an arrow barrage? Even ROCH Greats can't take an army showering arrows on them for long.

If he was indoors then maybe just set fire to the place to flush him out, then call down the artillery.
    Sounds like it could work. I wonder why the Mongols never thought about trying that during their forty or so years of assaulting Seung Yeung.

Would the same tactic work against the likes of Kiu Fung, Hui Juk, and Deun Yu? What about the Janitor Monk?

kiu feng can reflect all of the arrows with his palm wind

duan yu can dodge them all

hui juk can't die

sweeper monk got force shield

hmmm and i think the Sung Dynasty is getting more and more corrupted so Seung Yeung did not last long, with the departure of YG, and i think most greats died in old age before the fall of seung yeung

Quote Originally Posted by Loke-Gao-Zhu
    kiu feng can reflect all of the arrows with his palm wind
    If Kiu Fung could do it, then Gwok Jing could probably do it as well. Their peak martial arts were not that far apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    When the end finally came for Gwok Jing at the Final Battle of Seung Yeung Fortress thirteen years after the end of ROCH, do you think he finally fell to a large horde of Mongolian soldiers, or do you think it was a team of elite Mongolian martial artists that did him in?
    cannon fire = pwnage.

i don't see him falling to hordes of soldiers although he was older...
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

Xiao Feng can't do it, Duan Yu and Xu Zhu can.

Quote Originally Posted by resident:alien
    cannon fire = pwnage.
    Cannon did indeed come into play in an important way during the historical final siege of Seung Yeung. In the Jin Yong universe, it probably represented the beginning of the transition from the world where wars were won by feats of human prowess to the world where wars were won by human technology.

also, i don't think the defenders at xiangyang could have countered the cannon fire. it was too devastating. to counter it, they would need to send out troops. the troops would probably get cut down by calvary.

it just feels like "last samurai" all over again.
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

Quote Originally Posted by resident:alien
    also, i don't think the defenders at xiangyang could have countered the cannon fire. it was too devastating. to counter it, they would need to send out troops. the troops would probably get cut down by calvary.

it just feels like "last samurai" all over again.
    There would have been cannon on both sides. Since the Chinese invented gunpowder, it's unlikely that the Mongols would have cannon, but the Chinese wouldn't.

In the long run, however, it's probably much easier to overcome a fortress through cannon fire than it is to defend a fortress through cannon fire.

[ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Xiangyang ]

i think this gives us more possibilities...i forgot about trebuchets!

Ah...the trebuchet: more powerful than the 9 Yum Jen Ging, Hong Lung 18 Palms, Sad Palms, Dook Goo Kau Bai's Sword Techniques, Ancient Tomb Sect martial arts, Left/Right Hand Technique, 1 Yeung Finger Technique, Dog Beating Stick Technique, and Peach Blossom Island martial arts combined.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Ah...the trebuchet: more powerful than the 9 Yum Jen Ging, Hong Lung 18 Palms, Sad Palms, Dook Goo Kau Bai's Sword Techniques, Ancient Tomb Sect martial arts, Left/Right Hand Technique, 1 Yeung Finger Technique, Dog Beating Stick Technique, and Peach Blossom Island martial arts combined.
    it reminds me of that scene from LOTR: ROTK at the Seige of Gondor, where that orc doesn't want to move because he thinks he's bad @$$, but when the rock finally lands...he's out of the way.

lmao

on topic: the defenders probably surrendered after the confirmation of guo jing and huang rong's deaths, so i like the counterweight trebuchet idea.

I would say hordes of soldiers. Even though GJ's strong, his internal energy cannot last forever. A barrage of arrows and soldiers will eventually wear anyone down. I don't see him trying to escape.
    All that's needed to say have been said, why say anything more? The man is drunk, why stay any longer?....
    Quote Originally Posted by Question
    if CarMAN Lee hair is green, then am sure carMAN #$%@ a dog to give birth to you.

GJ and HR were poisoned by a spy so XY fell.

What if they capture Gwok Jing's son and hold him as hostage and forcing Gwok Jing to come rescue him and you know he would and Wong Yung would be right behind. It would be like the moment when Gwok Xiang was held hostage and we see how distracted both Gwok Jing and Wong Yung is when they worried about saving their child's life. I think the new Khan learn the mistakes of his predecessor. This time instead of focusing his forces on the fortress, now direct them all onto the Guo couples setting up a big trap and finally killing them. Their son of course dies as well, follow by the fall of Xiang Yang.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeung Gor
    What if they capture Gwok Jing's son and hold him as hostage and forcing Gwok Jing to come rescue him and you know he would and Wong Yung would be right behind. It would be like the moment when Gwok Xiang was held hostage and we see how distracted both Gwok Jing and Wong Yung is when they worried about saving their child's life. I think the new Khan learn the mistakes of his predecessor. This time instead of focusing his forces on the fortress, now direct them all onto the Guo couples setting up a big trap and finally killing them. Their son of course dies as well, follow by the fall of Xiang Yang.
    GJ wouldn't trade the safety of the people for his son.