Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Real Merit of Little Dragon Girl's swordplay.

Default The Real Merit of Little Dragon Girl's swordplay.

XLN, the swordswoman who has been crowned by certain posters here as the epitome of stance execution. Her ability of unleashing forty sword moves in a split second, which resulted in the single, yet ceaseless noise, has been said to be unrivalled. Who in the world could be able to defend themselves from forty simultaneous stances in such speed?

That said, a discussion thread from the past regarding the battle of XLN vs. LHC has shed light (to some) that XLN could have been superior to *all* the elite pugilists in SPW. This is not even taking the currently ongoing thread, created by fellow poster PJ involving the martial arts comparison between SPW and Condor Trilogy, into account. What if (as many posters are now certain, I am however, still in doubt) SPW martial arts aren't really inferior to those of the Condor Trilogy? Whether that would be the case, it would be up to the individual's perspective.

Now after all that parentheses, I think it's time to stop beating about the bush and pose the question I had in mind. What is the true prowess of XLN's skills? With such insane speed, is she really inferior to the ROCH Greats?

Note, this discussion doesn't include XLN without her dual-weilding swodplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacifian
    What is the true prowess of XLN's skills? With such insane speed, is she really inferior to the ROCH Greats?

Pre-Left/Right Hand Technique, Little Dragon Girl wasn't particularly impressive except in terms of hing gung. Even the likes of Fok Do gave her difficulties, never mind Greats-level fighters.

pure martial arts wise, XLN is certainly not inferior to any Great. her only problem is the giant gap of internal energy. if she could upgrade her powerful to perhaps HR's lvl and her double hand swordplay and multiple swords, i'd say she'd put up a pretty good fight against any great (perhaps except GJ since he knows 9 yin--it's a counter her duet swordplay).
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Pre-Left/Right Hand Technique, Little Dragon Girl wasn't particularly impressive except in terms of hing gung. Even the likes of Fok Do gave her difficulties, never mind Greats-level fighters.
    That's a redundant statement.

Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox
    That's a redundant statement.
    How so?

*This server has something against conciseness; the only reason this last sentence is being typed.*

How so?
    Don't tell me you need more hints.

Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox
    Don't tell me you need more hints.
    No. Pacifian was making the argument that Little Dragon Girl was already comparable to the Greats *before* she learned the Left/Right Hand Technique from Chow Bak Tung. My comment emphasizes that Little Dragon Girl pre-Left/Right Hand Technique was nowhere near competitive with the Greats. Post-Left/Right Hand Technique, however, it becomes a comparison worth considering.

I thought XLN was pretty good, but the severe weakness of not having a strong internal energy base is very glaring in my opinion.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

No. Pacifian was making the argument that Little Dragon Girl was already comparable to the Greats *before* she learned the Left/Right Hand Technique from Chow Bak Tung. My comment emphasizes that Little Dragon Girl pre-Left/Right Hand Technique was nowhere near competitive with the Greats. Post-Left/Right Hand Technique, however, it becomes a comparison worth considering.
    No I wasn't. Icyfox was right in guessing my purpose for creating this thread.

Did I somehow confuse you with my words? I hope not. Because...

Her ability of unleashing forty sword moves in a split second, which resulted in the single, yet ceaseless noise
    This happens *after* learning the Left/Right Hand Technique.

2. My question:
    With such insane speed, is she really inferior to the ROCH Greats?
    Evidently, at least to me, I was enquiring the merit of XLN's full prowess *after* learning the Left/right Hand Technique. Sorry for the confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang
    I thought XLN was pretty good, but the severe weakness of not having a strong internal energy base is very glaring in my opinion.
    It could have been glaring, but given such speed--dishing forty strokes when opponents could only do *one*, could she overcome any Great before her internal energy dwindle away? How do you protect yourself from getting stabbed forty times in a split second?

Her speed aside, she could perform other feats like launching her sword stances to strike in impossible places. How can one even *fathom* her sword movement?

A reminder to some of the feats she did:
    Her left hand is busy fighting an opponent, her right hand also busy in matching strokes with another. Yet, somehow, her target, Zhao Zhi Jing, got struck.

There are other feats I am too lazy to bring up, but anyway you get my point. Defense is no longer easy when facing such a target, even Greats like GJ could have a bad time fighting with her, and get multiple slashes in the process.

Was sword god Zhuo Bufan's technique vastly superior to Xiao Long Nu?
    I think he'd giver her a hammering.

The Greats could easily palm wind XLN to suffocation. In early ROCH, Gup Jing did one against Ouyang Feng, it was not enough to injure him directly, but it was described as enough to suffocate OYF, who had Great level internal energy, much more XLN.
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

Meh, as YET another UNDISPUTABLE proof that the XAJH fighters are BEYOND any compare I shall quote this:
    Having no time for any further thoughts, Linghu Chong sent his sword out and used the “Missile-breaking Stance” of the Dugu Nine Swords. The tip of the sword vibrated as it thrust at the eyes of the fifteen men. Cries in terror rose one after another, and then bangs echoed as the many kinds of weapons fell to the ground. Within a split of a second, Linghu Chong had blinded the thirty eyes of the fifteen masked men with extraordinarily swift thrusts.
    With merely ONE sword LHC managed to do THIRTY strokes with NO internal energy at all. In the same amount of time and with a single vibration of his sword at that.

Even the SWORD GOD Zhuo Bufan himself woudl've wept to see such pinnacle of perfection in the sword. YAY XAJH
    Last edited by ChronoReverse; 11-26-06 at 12:11 PM.

XLN's problem is that she really never wanted to kill anyone. Had she been able to back up her twin swords with hatred or violent anger....what then?

Quote Originally Posted by Ardor
    The Greats could easily palm wind XLN to suffocation. In early ROCH, Gup Jing did one against Ouyang Feng, it was not enough to injure him directly, but it was described as enough to suffocate OYF, who had Great level internal energy, much more XLN.
    Both Yi Deng and JLGS would have more than palm wind.

Du Gu Jiu Jian isn't kung fu. It's hacking into the damn Matrix.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG
    XLN's problem is that she really never wanted to kill anyone. Had she been able to back up her twin swords with hatred or violent anger....what then?
    If she tried to kill, it'd have the same result as when she DID try that in the novel; the power of the swords suddenly reduce.

Jade Maiden has no openings but at the same time it doesn't have great offensive power. That isn't to say it can't attack and kill, but if you're deliberately trying to attack, openings will appear.

My Gu Gu is not only beautiful, she can kick some butts.

In her fight against JLFW:

She was only winning, because JLFW was a nOOb fighter. He was playing into her hands by competing speed with speed. If he slowed down his wheels and back them up with internal, he will quickly have the upper hand.

The other greats aren't such nOOb fighters, and certainly wouldn't try to compete speed with XLN. At that time other greats are thought to be > than JLFW (based on his performance against GJ and GJ's draw with OYF). Hence pre16 ROCH, greats>XLN, post16 even greater gap.

Another thing is, as long as the greats defend, XLN will tire a lot faster than they will, esp with XLN not being able to press forward her advantage due to the peaceful nature of her swordplay.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

Quote Originally Posted by yittz
    In her fight against JLFW:

She was only winning, because JLFW was a nOOb fighter. He was playing into her hands by competing speed with speed. If he slowed down his wheels and back them up with internal, he will quickly have the upper hand.

The other greats aren't such nOOb fighters, and certainly wouldn't try to compete speed with XLN. At that time other greats are thought to be > than JLFW (based on his performance against GJ and GJ's draw with OYF). Hence pre16 ROCH, greats>XLN, post16 even greater gap.

Another thing is, as long as the greats defend, XLN will tire a lot faster than they will, esp with XLN not being able to press forward her advantage due to the peaceful nature of her swordplay.
    Calling JLFW a noob is an underestimation of his abilities, you might have misunderstood the meaning of being a newbie/noob. You can say he made a bad decision in matching against her speed.

On topic, I do believe XLN can hold her own against a great but only for who knows how long. Too bad she didn't increase her internal energy during the 16 years separation, if she did, XLN would be more or less equal to a great.