Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How did Tse Tsun get "golden" hair, and when did he get it?

Default How did Tse Tsun get "golden" hair, and when did he get it?

In the Ming Cult and to wulin in general, Tse Tsun was known by the nickname "Golden-Haired Lion King." Indeed, during the story of HSDS, Tse Tsun had a mane of "golden" colored hair that gave him a leonine appearance.

Did Tse Tsun always look like that during his adult life? He already had his famous nickname during the time before his family was murdered by Sing Kwun, but at least in HSDS '86, he originally had natural and common (for East Asian men) black colored hair, and only gained his "golden" hair after training in the Hung Dung Sect's 7 Seung Fist.

If Tse Tsun didn't always have golden hair, what caused his hair to change color? Was it due to learning 7 Seung Fist (why would that change his hair color anyway)? Also, why did he have the nickname "Golden-Haired Lion King" as a young man if he didn't have golden hair yet at that point?

The lion part is prob due to his Lion-roar. Perhaps that kung fu made his hair golden --> natural blond...
    You do know that it is just fiction, dont you?

He got it in middle age... The novel states its because of Tse Tsun's internal strength and his genes, and his hair turned pale yellow during his middle age...

原来赵敏握在掌中给张无忌看的,乃是一束淡黄色头发。张无忌一见,立时认出是谢逊的头发。谢逊所练内功与众 不同,兼之生具异禀,中年以后,一头长发转为淡黄,但这颜色和西域色目人的金发却截然有异。

But he got this nickname as early as his late twenties. Where does the novel say about the genes and inner strength?

Golden Hair/Blonde is a recessive gene among Asians.

Yes, there are natural blonde Asians that exist.
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

is he true that he later lost his lion's roar? O.o

Quote Originally Posted by resident:alien

And it's been my observation of my Chinese friends from Hong Kong and the mainland that the common hair color is a toss-up between black and dark brown.

Quote Originally Posted by resident:alien

Then shouldnt his hair be golden since birth? It seems to me that the opinion is that he optain his golden hair when he was middle aged.

We'll have to check w/the translations to find this one out. I haven't read HSDS but in the adaptation I saw, he did not have golden hair when he was younger. I don't know what JY has written down.

If Xie Xun was born naturally blonde (golden), I would support it because golden haired Asians exist.
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

did he lose his lion roar's when he was at Ice fire island when he stopped himself from attacking Chuang Sei Sang and the Xun Su su?

Given that Tse Tsun used the Lion's Roar during his final confrontation against Sing Kwun at the end of HSDS, he couldn't have lost this skill while on Ice Fire Island.

i know this thread is old, but my hair changes color;; i found ONE blonde hair the other day. i was born with black hair.

could it be the SUN, changing his hair color? just suggesting.
    Always in search of great historical/costume dramas.
    Find me on MyDramaList ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by lilviet_grl8o8 View Post
    i know this thread is old, but my hair changes color;; i found ONE blonde hair the other day. i was born with black hair.

could it be the SUN, changing his hair color? just suggesting.
    i HAVE MAINLY BLACK HAIR BUT WHEN I GET MY HAIR CUT, I CAN CLEARLY SEE BLOND HAIR BEING CUT OFF.

huh interesting, how do you get your blond hairs?

mines i dont know, i pulled that one blond hair out from the roots and it has a blonde root. i also get some red ones.

Quote Originally Posted by lilviet_grl8o8 View Post
    huh interesting, how do you get your blond hairs?

mines i dont know, i pulled that one blond hair out from the roots and it has a blonde root. i also get some red ones.
    Maybe the radiation's messing with your genes?

Let's throw in an outrageous theory.

Tse Tsun's mother or grandmother was originally a Russian or european and thus, married a Chinese man and had Tse Tsun.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Tse Tsun's mother or grandmother was originally a Russian or european and thus, married a Chinese man and had Tse Tsun.
    he would need it on both sides since blond is recessive.
    unless somewhere along the lines, there was inbreeding (which wasn't uncommon back then, i suppose)

Quote Originally Posted by AnhHung
    Then shouldnt his hair be golden since birth? It seems to me that the opinion is that he optain his golden hair when he was middle aged.
    well, some people get gray hair while getting old, maybe Xie Xun's turn yellow instead of grey? maybe his internal energy training suck up all the melanin or something

hey how about he was mongolian? have you seen that show where they search for the direct descendent of the Amazonians Warrrios [who were believed to be women, with blonde hair] and they found her in mongolia, as the direct descendant. so maybee...

I'm pretty sure it was mentioned somewhere in the novel that his hair turned golden due to a peculiar inner energy cultivation art he practiced.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

My cousin who is pure chinese was born with black/brown hair as with all the rest of us. however, he is a swimmer and has been swimming regularly for leisure and competitions for the past decade. This has turned his hair to a very light brown colour. So maybe Xie Xun went swimming a lot (not likely since he couldn't swim very well at the beginning of HSDS) or he had pple always dunking his head in chlorine water as a prank. haha.