View Poll Results: Is Sweeper Monk an alien?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    8 34.78%
  • No

    15 65.22%
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Is Sweeper Monk an alien??

  1. #1
    Senior Member Loke-Gao-Zhu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    314

    Default Is Sweeper Monk an alien??

    I think Sweeper Monk's martial art is ridiculously strong that i started to think he's an alien, or maybe a jedi

    proof

    Force Shield that blocks all the attacks

    Force Push that pushes JMZ away

    Yes, and when Count Dooku landed on the Shaolin Temple by his spaceship. Pulled out his red light saber and tries to challenge Sweeper Monk for a fight. Sweeper picks up his broom and *FLASH* turn it into a light saber, yes and will own Dooku in 3 stances

    so is Sweeper Monk an alien??

  2. #2
    Senior Member kwekmh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Central Plains
    Posts
    760

    Default

    No, this poll is ridiculous in my opinion. No offence intended, but I don't think Sweeper Monk was meant to be an "alien". I believe Sweeper Monk can be defeated if people really tried.

  3. #3
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwekmh
    I don't think Sweeper Monk was meant to be an "alien".
    Indeed. Jin Yong was no science fiction writer. He was not aiming to be the Chinese counterpart of Isaac Asimov, Ray Bradbury, or Arthur C. Clarke.

  4. #4
    Senior Member S Beaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loke-Gao-Zhu
    I think Sweeper Monk's martial art is ridiculously strong that i started to think he's an alien, or maybe a jedi

    proof

    Force Shield that blocks all the attacks

    Force Push that pushes JMZ away

    Yes, and when Count Dooku landed on the Shaolin Temple by his spaceship. Pulled out his red light saber and tries to challenge Sweeper Monk for a fight. Sweeper picks up his broom and *FLASH* turn it into a light saber, yes and will own Dooku in 3 stances

    so is Sweeper Monk an alien??
    you know, oddly, a while back, i also had an idea that Dugu qiubai is an alien too (where else do you find that weird bird & meteor-like metal? talk about fantasy/sci fi elements in the story)
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

  5. #5
    Registered User JamesG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Lethbridge AB
    Posts
    2,466

    Default

    And maybe Sweeper Monk and DGQB are just fictional characters in books designed to create endless speculation as to their origins and ultimate powers.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    4,215

    Default

    I'll let y'all in a little secret, the Sweeper Monk, Dugu Qiu Bai, and Jesus, among others, are actually the same person! Yes, you read right!

    He is in fact a time-traveler/shapeshifter who has acquired numerous superhuman abilities through meditation and eating right. He is still alive and well today and CAN be seen on television occasionally. We know him as Richard Simmons.

    So kids, eat your veggies and vitamins!
    This account is retired.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Yeung Gor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,734

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flyingfox2002
    I'll let y'all in a little secret, the Sweeper Monk, Dugu Qiu Bai, and Jesus, among others, are actually the same person! Yes, you read right!

    He is in fact a time-traveler/shapeshifter who has acquired numerous superhuman abilities through meditation and eating right. He is still alive and well today and CAN be seen on television occasionally. We know him as Richard Simmons.

    So kids, eat your veggies and vitamins!
    fox, I think this thread is a bigger sign we are running out of wuxia topics.

Similar Threads

  1. Sweeper Monk v. Monk Jueyuan
    By shenlong in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-03-10, 10:18 PM
  2. How old is the sweeper monk?
    By shen long in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-08-07, 09:22 PM
  3. Sweeper monk
    By batmankiller in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 92
    Last Post: 10-31-06, 07:41 AM
  4. The Sweeper Monk
    By mariecln in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-14-05, 06:27 AM
  5. About the Sweeper Monk
    By SkineePanda in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-15-04, 03:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •