Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Devil's Disciples 《強劍》

i think 16 is up for downloads, but i didnt download it, i rented it
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Then how do u know the ending his rushed when u have only watched up to episode 16?

Btw, I also rented the series. The last episode is not released for rental yet.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

i meant if u go to like some download sites u get episode 16 now. umm i dunno, the store i went to had the whole thing released last week.

hey this movie looks interesting but like how someone stated earlier it has alot of modern day substances in the series. well my question is what is the story about? someone posted that they mention characters from Liu Xiao Feng/State of Divinity? so is this a Jin Yong Adaption? or is it related to any other tvb/jin yong series or something? would someone mind giving me a summary of the story why there learning martial arts etc the characters names etc. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Ban
    hey this movie looks interesting but like how someone stated earlier it has alot of modern day substances in the series. well my question is what is the story about? someone posted that they mention characters from Liu Xiao Feng/State of Divinity? so is this a Jin Yong Adaption? or is it related to any other tvb/jin yong series or something? would someone mind giving me a summary of the story why there learning martial arts etc the characters names etc. thanks.
    its about good vs evil and the main character is stuck between them. <-- = whole story.

this is like a parady wuxia film and i like it a lot. but it gets very serious at the end (and rushed). 9 out of 10. its not draggy like Twin of brother. not boring like lethal weapon of love and passion. and its not super serious like lofty water verdent bow.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus
    well i thinks it's pretty good one of the better wuxia series in a long time. not always very serious but i think that's okay so i would recommend this series
    oh ok..thanks =]
    ` forever&always R A Y M O N D L A M + B O S C O W O N G + M I K E H E <3

The mandarin version of this series had been released all already. Thats why the ending has been know already.

I like Wayne Lai, he's so good and love his relationship with Bosco haha.. I hope they will stay as a master-student till the end, in other words I hope Wayne wont die in here..*crossing fingers*

I love the development of the relationship between Ging Lui and Mok Mun. Their scenes are few and far between but every scene is great.

I like their current relationship most. Mok Mun saving Ging Lui from the ocean and Ging Lui playing the guzheng to sooth Mok Mun's pain everytime her illness took effect. One good scene I like very much Ging Lui giving his reason for deciding to stay by Mok Mun's side. It's funny and sweet. Ging Lui saying he want to stay by Mok Mun (to play the soothing music when she's in pain) to keep his enemy's enemy alive for revenge, and Mok Mun, knowing his true intention, smilingly said "I understand your 'fu sam" and let him stay. Ging Lui actually just want to take care of Mok Mun for Mok Mun's sake (not for revenge) and Mok Mun understand this.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    I love the development of the relationship between Ging Lui and Mok Mun. Their scenes are few and far between but every scene is great.

I like their current relationship most. Mok Mun saving Ging Lui from the ocean and Ging Lui playing the guzheng to sooth Mok Mun's pain everytime her illness took effect. One good scene I like very much Ging Lui giving his reason for deciding to stay by Mok Mun's side. It's funny and sweet. Ging Lui saying he want to stay by Mok Mun (to play the soothing music when she's in pain) to keep his enemy's enemy alive for revenge, and Mok Mun, knowing his true intention, smilingly said "I understand your 'fu sam" and let him stay. Ging Lui actually just want to take care of Mok Mun for Mok Mun's sake (not for revenge) and Mok Mun understand this.
    which episode are u at kidd?

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR
    which episode are u at kidd?
    It's not the same episode as what u are watching. I skim through the mandarin version which episodes are shorter. So, I'm not sure which episode it should be in.

It's not the same episode as what u are watching. I skim through the mandarin version which episodes are shorter. So, I'm not sure which episode it should be in.
    i see, if u want the canto version, i can give u links for it.

Eek. I hate the ending x_x Even though I haven't actually seen the last two episodes, but from what I've heard it's pretty dodgy.

Exclamation

SPOILERS

I so hate TVB for killing my favorite character (Wayne). Can't they kill off other redundant character instead?

Bosco's situation reminded me of Ray's situation in LWOLAP ...
    "Most men are of naught more use in their lives but as machines for turning food into shit."

-- Miles Vorkosigan quoting his grandfather (Lois McMaster Bujold, "Memory")

Oh no looks like it will be a bad ending..argh Wayne is the best here..

I haven't watched the ending yet, but from what I've read in spoilers, I think I'll hate the ending.

Up to eps 16, this series is quite good, exceeds my expectation, but there are a few annoying things:
    - Why make Fung so dumb? Man that Fung he doesn't have a brain..how stupid..
    - TVB is typecasting Bosco Wong by giving him yet another dumb-happy-go-lucky character again..like LWOLAP
    - Bernice is weird in ancient series and her acting needs some serious brush up to do, if she feels like taking another 'serious' role in the future..
    - Kevin's character is OK and his scenes with Sharon are nicely written, but maybe its just me but there's something about his features that makes him out of place in a wuxia series..he has a modern face LOL

Random things:
    - I admit Bosco has nice chemistry with Wayne, but in their scenes together, it's evident that he is still far far away from Wayne's standard

Nice things:
    -Wayne Lai!!
    -Bosco's family
    -Sharon's character - Mok Mun, and her storyline, except her ending
    Last edited by goggle; 03-08-07 at 07:14 AM.

-------------Spoilers--------------
    Quote Originally Posted by sehseh
    I so hate TVB for killing my favorite character (Wayne). Can't they kill off other redundant character instead?
    And both his and Mok Mun's death are indirectly caused by Fung's stupidity and inalertness.

-------------Spoilers--------------

And both his and Mok Mun's death are indirectly caused by Fung's stupidity and inalertness.
    Arghh really??!! Man they should have killed Fung also then..to pay for his stupidity..Its not fair if Fung can live happily after all this..how can someone be so stupid?? How annoying..

Who is the scriptwriter of DD who wrote all this mess? I wanna beat him/her..haha j/k :P

To Bosco fans: no worries, I still like Bosco heaps, I only feel annoyed at Fung hahaha...

SPOILERS, SPOILERS, AND MORE SPOILERS....

Devil's Disciples, in my opinion, have fallen into the category of a what seemed to be a promising series turned sour. First of all, I must point out that 20 episodes was a little too short for a series with so many characters. I just felt there were many characters that were underdevloped. The plot was extremely rushed, especially near the end. I wasn't really able to emotionally connect to any of the characters. Putting all that to aside...the ending has got to be one of the most disappointing ones I have ever seen.

I, for one, prefer to see characters slowly develop into a hero. What I dislike the most is when heroes turn into great fighters overnight on the last episode out of nowhere and this is a classic example of the situation. I'm sorry, but the last 25 minutes of the series totally forfeited all of its credibility. So TVB decided to incorporate a bunch of different martial arts spanning from the Jin Yong to Gu Long universe without previous references in the prior 19 episodes??? All of a sudden, the village had scripts and manuals to the Beggar Clan's signature martial arts known only by their leader in 18 Dragons Palms, the generation to generation One Yang Finger, Buddhist Palms, Ming Cult's QQDNY, Yeung Yin Duk's Ng Long Bat Gwa Staff, etc. Can't TVB come up with more original ideas? As if that's not bad enough, TVB decided to have Bosco and Kevin capable of learning all these martial arts over a period of a couple of days which translated into 20 seconds on screen when it should literally take them years and possibly a lifetime. Then for some reason Eddie Ko was capable of using this supposedly "powerful formation" by himself? Putting all that aside, they also decided to sneak in some dry humor during and after the final confrontation with Eddie Ko which was kind of pointless. They even ended the series on a song and dance. All the critical elements of Devil's Disciples just came out of nowhere and it made it seem like the scriptwriters just decided to go on a vacation.

After being critical of this series, I'll end it off on a happy note that TVB just re-confirmed my decision on turning to mainland for wuxia series.
    Last edited by wang23; 03-08-07 at 08:02 AM.

I just read some spoilers and feel like using the sciptwriters as punching bags. They should have given more time to Ging Lui and Mok Mun cos their story together (love, hate, revenge) is much more interesting that the current one i am seeing, Shing Fung getting more and more stupid!

I can't believe the series started off so well, but stuffed up near the end.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly