Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Devil's Disciples 《強劍》

Quote Originally Posted by goggle
    Arghh really??!! Man they should have killed Fung also then..to pay for his stupidity..Its not fair if Fung can live happily after all this..how can someone be so stupid?? How annoying..

Who is the scriptwriter of DD who wrote all this mess? I wanna beat him/her..haha j/k :P

To Bosco fans: no worries, I still like Bosco heaps, I only feel annoyed at Fung hahaha...
    Ok. I exagerated a bit. Mok Mun's death not so much since Ging Lui managed to cure her injuries (caused by her training in dark art and Bak Tou Ngou's deadly attack) by risking his life (but Fung was still stupid for causing his sister to nearly die. She was 1 step from the gate of hell). But Dong Fong Mou Ngai's death was truly indirectly caused by Fung's inalertness.
    Last edited by kidd; 03-08-07 at 08:30 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

kidd: thanks for the 'more detailed' explanation haha..but still stupid..what a badly written character - this Fung..

wang23: I agree that TVB's current wuxia series are not up to par, I wasn't a fan of Face to Fate either..

charbydis: I love the idea of 'using the scriptwriters as punching bags', lets enjoy punch them together..seriously this series started out nicely written, but what happened to the scriptwriters in the end?
    Last edited by goggle; 03-08-07 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wang23
    So TVB decided to incorporate a bunch of different martial arts spanning from the Jin Yong to Gu Long universe without previous references in the prior 19 episodes??? All of a sudden, the village had scripts and manuals to the Beggar Clan's signature martial arts known only by their leader in 18 Dragons Palms, the generation to generation One Yang Finger, Buddhist Palms, Ming Cult's QQDNY, Yeung Yin Duk's Ng Long Bat Gwa Staff, etc. Can't TVB come up with more original ideas?
    They even have manual of 'Gui Bo Hei Gong' (from Dragon Ball).

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    They even have manual of 'Gui Bo Hei Gong' (from Dragon Ball).
    LoL. When I saw that, I was thinking what could possibly be next? Pikachu?

I must comment on the creative idea TVB scriptwriters came up with by crediting Kwai Fa Bo Din (Sun Flower Sutra) as a cooking secret for making good chicken.
    Last edited by wang23; 03-08-07 at 09:19 AM.

the title sounds interesting
    guess it will b on my list of shows to watch

OK CAN SOMEONE PLZ EXPLAIN THE FREAKING ENDING..... od this serious sucks so badly it started out good but the ending seriously spoiled everything like everybody says how can they both learn all the stuff overnight and how can that fellar actually do the whole stance by himself when it actualy needs 7 people....

heiz all in all it was a wasted show

and worst still the ending was so so so so so so stupid god!!!!! the brotehr and his show and shit................ btw who did fung choose in the end ??? it got really confusing
    "You don't marry someone you can live with - you marry the person who you cannot live without."
    All-Time Best Series- My Date With a Vampire 2
    All-Time Best Actress- Joey Meng

I like the ending. I don't think it's that bad. I like that the series ends in a comedic note. It match the earlier comedic feel. Make a full circle. I think the brother's show is funny. Maybe the last few episodes are so serious that people forget that this series started out as a wuxia paraody, with lots of name dropping and taking elements from other wuxia stories. The ending of the series is using this approach again.

This series is good while its comedic like the earlier parts, nice to watch. But when it got to serious parts at the end, everything is too rushed that make the series becomes silly..

Don't like the ending..lol

I don't like the ending as well, well, I didn't like the entire last episode, coz I find that it's very rushed, and the editing is very choppy. and bosco, kevin's etc. acting is especially poor in the last episode.

Bosco married Shirley, but not because he loved her (that's what i think) but because they slept together and in ancient times you pretty much have to marry the person you've slept with. Shirley eventually has Bosco's daughter.

Bosco still likes Bernice and the ending looks as if they could've still gotten together since it's pretty common for a guy to have two wives then.

i told u all the ending was crazy a week ago lol
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Talking

Maybe the series is wacky so that's why it's a "warehouse" ones. They released it to the US before airing it in HK

The dance at the end was like...errr haha..out of the blue..the ending is bad for such an enjoyable series, really..

Its weird that while I was annoyed at Fung somehwere around ep 16, but at the end I found that don't really hate him haha..yes I'm soo fickle!!

Its actually sad for Fung too, I guess he married Shui Ling out of responsibility after the 'saving Mok Mun' thingy(heck to think that all Fung, Ging Lui and Shui Ling's effort are useless in the end )..he chose to stay even if Shui Ling doesn't mind if he leaves, but in his heart, we can see that he still loves Ji Lung even after all these years. What's up with the midnight snack though? lol

But Mok Mun so deserves some final moments to say her last words to Fung and Ging Lui!! arghh..

Quote Originally Posted by sockleophagusek
    Shirley eventually has Bosco's daughter.
    Erm... actually it's a son

I hope the ending part where Bosco hinted some hanky panky with Bernice is just kidding. It's bad enough he married Shirley not out of love, and now he want another wife?

I agree that the jumbled up (massive wuxia namedropping) ending is a bit too much. But for the past 18+ enjoyable episode, I'll close one eye on the disappointing ending.

Quote Originally Posted by goggle
    charbydis: I love the idea of 'using the scriptwriters as punching bags', lets enjoy punch them together..seriously this series started out nicely written, but what happened to the scriptwriters in the end?
    Save a spot for me
    Last edited by sehseh; 03-10-07 at 01:33 PM.

Well, i always thought it was acceptable in olden times for men to have two wives so I'm not against the idea that Shing Fung still loves Ji Lung and might marry her in the future. (crosses fingers)

What pisses me off further more is that Pik Lik Siu didn't end up with Nam Nam? After all, PLS did change and cares about NN.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

the ending was crappy

gosh i love this from start to ep19...but ep20....i HATE it! everything's just stupid! you know when i finish watching this, i was gaping at the screen in shock! can't really believe the ending's like that...i actually thought im watching a comedy opera! they ruined the series!
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Just watched the end of the series. The last episode is a joke with the cast bursting into the song at the end. What was that about!!!. Really spoilt it.
    I thought the first 2 episodes was a bit slow but got really better after the 3rd.

I thought Bosco and Sharon was good in this series but Kevin was a bit disappointment (perhaps its got to do with the role).

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Woohoo, someone just posted to newsgroup the dvdrip with english subs. LOL, never imagin I can watch new tvb series with english subs this fast hahaha..

thanx anyway whoever doing the posting, if he/she ever frequented spcnet, lol

The characters fight until to the earth core, but strangely enough there are still lights in there, the fight just out of this world and remind of the ridiculous fight in Wind and Cloud.

the ending is crazy but i fell off my chair laughing, it was hilarious.
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!