Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Devil's Disciples 《強劍》

This series took elemants from so many other wuxia stories. Not only did they namedrop Luk Siu Fung, Sai Mun Cui Seut and Dong Fong Bat Bai. They also took the martial art Yam Bo Gung from Mythical Crane Magical Needle and the Cold Jade Bed from ROCH. Also, the storyline consist of many formulaic wuxia story plots, such as seperated twins, a main character with great talent for martial art, mysterious teacher teaching said main character martial art, good vs evil sect etc.

But because they did it so blatantly, it actually becomes one of the enjoyable element of the series. Spotting stuff from other novels.

Also, please watch this series with an open mind. This series contains many modern elements. The dialogues are modern and sometimes they have non-traditional background music to make the series more funny. Also, expect some matric style stationary in mid-air stunt.

Eventhough the series is campy, I still feel that it got heart. I did care for the characters. Overall, I enjoy this series.
    Last edited by kidd; 02-14-07 at 01:28 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Wonder if the other original author like Jin Yong is charging TVB for copyright since there is so many dropnames.

I think the authors will mostly chuckle seeing these namedroppings, unless the author is dirt poor and need to get some money where ever they can.

On another note. I'm finding Kevin's story arch more interesting. I'm most interesting his story with his mom. His first encounter with Sharon also good.

Aha! I knew this series was going to be good. It shall be the next on my watch list after I'm done with TBOL... (:
    Eat the sweet, eat the bitter as well

this is like the chinese epic movie/date movie/scary movies combined into a series
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Anyone feels that Ji Long (Bernice) is especially bias towards Seng Fung (Bosco) compared to other students? She definitely has feelings for him.

When Seng Fung broke sect rules numerous, and she always said good words or gave excuse for him like he's still new, he didn't mean it etc. One time, she even ate chicken together with him (he's supposed practice martial art at that time). I think if it's other students who broke rules, she wouldn't be so leniant.

Case in point.

When she did a spot check on the students and found out that Ging Lui (Kevin) didn't sleep on his bed, she didn't think twice about kicking him out of the sect. It's only after Seng Fung stuck himself out for Ging Lui and got himself involved in the matter that Ji Long became more leniant and even send them to skinny-dip in the Chilled Ice Pool as 'punishment'.

Btw, the scenes of Ging Lui and Seng Fung in the Chilled Ice Pool are funny, with Seng Fung always try to lean on Ging Lui for warmth and Ging Lui always hit him when he did that because of auto-reaction. It's also funny when Ging Lui tried to make it up for it (Seng Fung got punished together with him while trying to save is ***) by opening his arms and offered Seng Fung to lean on him but Seng Fung moved away looking scared instead.
    Last edited by kidd; 02-15-07 at 01:03 AM.

Btw, the scenes of Ging Lui and Seng Fung in the Chilled Ice Pool are funny, with Seng Fung always try to lean on Ging Lui for warmth and Ging Lui always hit him when he did that because of auto-reaction. It's also funny when Ging Lui tried to make it up for it (Seng Fung got punished together with him while trying to save is ***) by opening his arms and offered Seng Fung to lean on him but Seng Fung moved away looking scared instead.
    haha yep it was actuallykinda funny

actually this series is quite good until now

dam i though shirley was going to be the sister insetad of sharon
    "You don't marry someone you can live with - you marry the person who you cannot live without."
    All-Time Best Series- My Date With a Vampire 2
    All-Time Best Actress- Joey Meng

Watched the first 2 episodes but not sure I like it! Was looking forward to Bosco and Kevin. Will continue a few more episodes and see.....

watched 4 episodes... it's pretty good... very funny and exciting at times... the ones who really make the series great are bosco and wayne... and bernice is not that bad... the way she delivers her line is not that great, but her character is still very amusing at times... i thought she would be totally serious, but she's not...

I enjoy the jokes they make abotu other wuxia novels. I think lizard man is insipirated by Au Yeung Fung's Ha Mo Gung (or it coudl be that i think too much abotu OYF anyway! )

Def like Lizard Man!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis
    I enjoy the jokes they make abotu other wuxia novels. I think lizard man is insipirated by Au Yeung Fung's Ha Mo Gung (or it coudl be that i think too much abotu OYF anyway! )

Def like Lizard Man!
    A lizard man? Haha sounds interesting..LOL is this lizard man a bad or good character? What is his story? I'm curious as how this lizard relates to Bosco Bernice story etc...haha..

Quote Originally Posted by goggle
    A lizard man? Haha sounds interesting..LOL is this lizard man a bad or good character? What is his story? I'm curious as how this lizard relates to Bosco Bernice story etc...haha..
    He is neither good nor evil. He is one of those martial art fanatics who goes around having duels with people. But the bad thing is, the people he defeated usual lost his life. But he's not a bad guy. He remembers kindness that people did to him. Bosco saved his life once. So, when Bosco was injured, he cured Bosco by transfering internal energy to him.

SPOILERS:

The Lizard Man is a good and honourable man, but once he lost a fight, he couldn't accept it and sacrificed his normal life and family to go away to practise Lizard Kungfu and went nuts and started challenging everyone.

They took away my Lizard man!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Is it me or was it totally weird when Wayne spoke english o_o In the first episode when Bosco and Wayne were in the tree house, Wayne was like, "Gum dai gor ROUND".

And in like episode 5/6, I forgot, Bosco's brother said 'cool' when he was telling Kevin to eat some soup.
    Last edited by sockleophagusek; 02-19-07 at 03:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sockleophagusek
    Is it me or was it totally weird when Wayne spoke english o_o In the first episode when Bosco and Wayne were in the tree house, Wayne was like, "Gum dai gor ROUND".

And in like episode 5/6, I forgot, Bosco's brother said 'cool' when he was telling Kevin to eat some soup.
    Really? thought wayne said "wan!" I can't tell when the way Wayne talks.

And in ep 5, he was tell Kevin not be so "cool", but meaning so tight, and be more relaxed.

I think TVB finds strange ways to use chinese words to subsitute using english words, which is a bit funny.
    Cyril Connolly

this thing look like chinese paladin... but it'll be better cuzz chinese paladin was crap.

Any idea how many episode this series have? Or is the whole thing not out yet.
    And to those who have seen it, hows the plotline so far? It seems pretty interesting from what I've read.
    Last edited by FishingPole; 02-19-07 at 10:42 PM.

Really? thought wayne said "wan!" I can't tell when the way Wayne talks.

And in ep 5, he was tell Kevin not be so "cool", but meaning so tight, and be more relaxed.

I think TVB finds strange ways to use chinese words to subsitute using english words, which is a bit funny.
    Yeah, Wayne did say 'round'. And as for Johnson telling Kevin not to be so cool, I looked at the subtitle in chinese and it say 'leng muo' aka cool. Haha... but this 'cool' word have double meaning as Johnson mentioned 'uptight' in chinese during previous sentence.

SPOILERS:
    They took away my Lizard man!

Due to CNY holiday, the rentals are closed, so I only watched up to episode 6. Anyone watched episode 7-8 yet? Care to spoil? I only know that Shirley will appear but have no idea of the synopsis.
    Last edited by sehseh; 02-21-07 at 05:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FishingPole
    Any idea how many episode this series have? Or is the whole thing not out yet.
    And to those who have seen it, hows the plotline so far? It seems pretty interesting from what I've read.
    The series have 20 episodes. Currently it's only released overseas but still remain warehouse series in HK.

Well, plotline wise wasn't too original but it was a fun series. So far only 8 episodes released so it's kinda hard to say how the later episodes will be.