Thread: Jet Li

Default Jet Li

http://www.monkeypeaches.com/

According to the Chinese press, the production of the remake of Chang Cheh’s Shaw Bros. kung-fu classic Chi Ma has already begun at somewhere outside of Beijing City. Story of the original Chi Ma (aka. Blood Brothers / Chinese Vengeance / Dynasty of Blood / Kung Fu Invaders), released in 1973, was based on novels inspired by a true event. It starts with three bandits, sworn brothers, Zhang Wenxiang, Huang Zong and Ma Xinyi joining the government force to suppress the Taiping Rebellion (1853 - 1864) and later becoming highly decorated. While being promoted to a governor, Ma murders Huang and takes Huang's beautiful wife with him. Zhang swears to revenge his dead brother and plans to assassinate Ma, against all odds. The original Chinese title, Chi Ma, literally means "The Assassination of Ma."

In the remake, Jet Li is playing Ma, the governor, Andy Lau is playing Huang, the one murdered by Ma, and Takeshi Kaneshiro is playing Zhang, the third brother plans to assassinate Ma. A press conference will be held next Monday in Beijing to announce who is playing Huang’s wife (A rumor says she is Xu Jinglei). Shooting will take place in suburban Beijing, Yi County of Hebei Province, Hengdian World Studios of Zhejiang Province and Shanghai. Hong Kong-based director and producer Peter Chan starts working in the late 1980s. His directorial titles include musical love-triangle story Perhaps Love, horror flick Three (segment "Going Home") and love story Comrades: Almost a Love Story). His is also attached to produce the Hollywood remake of Hong Kong horror film The Eye.

Director Peter Chan intends to do the remake somewhat differently from what Chang Cheh did for the original. The history backdrop will be emphasized, more screen time will be spent on the character buildup, and Huang’s wife will be a bigger role in the remake. This US$30 million project is a collaboration among China Film Group Corp., Hong Kong’s Media Asia Films, Morgan & Chan Films Ltd. and Beijing Poly-Bona Film Publishing Co. Filming will last about three months and a theatrical release will likely come by the end of 2007.

Jet Li..hum..i quite likes this guy..i mean he's a real kung-fu guy man

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

wow...i never thot Jet Li would have a thread around here....but yeah, he's one of my fav action stars....he's small and short physically, but he knows how to really kick ***.....I even wrote an article on him in my school's newsletter...oh, well, that was a looooong time ago, but he still rocks!

however, i am quite disappointed with his hollywood movies....they suck real bad....he shouldve stayed in Hong Kong. he can make tonnes better projects than those he did in hollywood....
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 03-16-07 at 02:45 AM.
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

yea i like jet li a lot too he is a good one,not to mention a real kung fu martial artist is it me or he does hav some resemblance w hk's eric wan (mdway)?
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

MAGIC SHOOTER HISASHI MITSUI!

Default Jet's Biography

Since no one posted his details, i think i might fill in the blanks here

Name: Jet Li Lianjie
    DOB: April 26, 1963
    POB: Hebei, China
    School: Beijing Amateur Sports School
    Family: 2 Older Brothers, 2 Older Sisters, Father passed away in 1965 and mother passed away in 2002.
    Spouse: Nina Chi Li
    Children: 2 daughters from a previous marriage, 2 daughters from current marriage
    Height: 170 cm / 5'7"
    Weight: 66 kg / 145.5 lbs

Jet Li specializes in the following styles:

* chang quan (long fist)
    * dao (broadsword)
    * gun (staff)
    * fanzi quan (tumbling fist)
    * 3-section staff
    * pu dao (horse chopper)

He also studied the following styles,

* taiji quan (the 5 main styles)
    * xing yi quan
    * bagua zhang
    * jian (straightsword)
    * qiang (spear)
    * zui quan (drunken fist)
    * tang lang quan (mantis fist)
    * ying zhao quan (eagle claw boxing)
    * zui jian (drunken sword)
    * shuang dao (double broadswords)
    * axe
    * battle axe
    * double hooks swords
    * fork
    * 9 section whip
    * mace
    * hammer
    * talon
    * trident-halberd
    * long-handled spear
    * short cudgel
    * meteor hammer
    * rope dart

His Wushu feats :

* 1971: Jet begins training in wushu at an after-school program at the Beijing Sports School.
    * 1974: Jet joins the newly created Beijing Wushu Team and begins competing on a national level.
    * 1974: Youth National Athletic Competition: broadsword form gold medal, optional empty-hand form gold medal, all-round gold medal at the age of 12;
    * 1975: Third Chinese Wushu Championships: long fist form gold medal, spear form silver medal;
    * 1977: National Wushu Competition: long-fist form gold medal, broadsword form gold medal;
    * 1978: National Wushu Competition: long-fist form gold medal, optional empty-hand form gold medal, broadsword form gold medal, all-round gold medal;
    * 1979: Fourth Chinese Wushu Championships: long-fist form gold medal, optional empty-hand form gold medal, broadsword form gold medal, sparring form gold medal, all-round gold medal.
    * 1979: Retired from professional wushu competition after a knee injury where he ripped his Anterior Crutiate Ligament (ACL) doing the jump inside kick to split.

All his optional empty-hand form medals were won with a form called fanzi yingzhaoquan (翻子鷹爪拳, Fanzi eagle claw). His success led to the PRC declaring Jet Li to be a "National Treasure".

Sources from The Official Jet Li Website and Wikipedia
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 03-16-07 at 03:11 AM.
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

i never really liked or hated jet li, but i like his perfomance in fearless and this old movie called "hung hei goon"
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Default Jet's Biography (continued)

Jet Li's filmography:

- Shaolin Temple

- Shaolin Temple 2: Kids from Shaolin

- Shaolin Temple 3: North and South Shaolin
    - Born to Defence

- Dragon Fight
    - Dragons of the Orient

- Once Upon A Time In China

- Once Upon A Time In China II

- The Master
    - Once Upon a Time in China 3
    - Swordsman II

- The Legend of Fong Sai-Yuk / The Legend
    - The Legend of Fong Sai-Yuk II / The Legend II
    - The Last Hero in China / Deadly China Hero
    - The Kung Fu Cult Master
    - The Tai Chi Master / Twin Warriors

- Li Lian Jie's Shaolin Kung Fu (Documentary)
    - The New Legend of Shaolin / The Legend Of The Red Dragon
    - The Bodyguard from Beijing / The Defender
    - Fist of Legend

- My Father Is a Hero / The Enforcer
    - High Risk / Meltdown

- Dr. Wai in "The Scripture with No Words"
    - Black Mask

- Once Upon A Time In China and America

- Hitman / Contract Killer
    - Lethal Weapon 4

- Romeo Must Die

- Kiss of the Dragon
    - The One

- Hero

- Cradle 2 The Grave

- Unleashed

- Fearless
    - Rogue

- Ci Ma

Source from The Official Jel Li Website
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 03-16-07 at 03:12 AM.
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Spaniard -

Jet is going for the wrap up!!

Date:22-MARCH-07
    Source: SciFi.com http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...d=40684&type=0

Li Wrapping Up Mummy 3

Jet Li is in negotiations to play the villainous title character in Universal Pictures' The Mummy 3, being directed by Rob Cohen, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

The plot details of the script, written by Smallville's Alfred Gough and Miles Millar, are being kept under wraps, but it is known that the action is set in China, with Li's story beginning in ancient times before moving to a post-World War II setting. It is also known that one sequence involves the famous terra-cotta warriors, the collection of more than 8,000 men and their horses that were originally constructed to protect the tomb of an emperor near Xi'an.

Stephen Sommers, Bob Ducsay, Sean Daniel and Jim Jacks are producing.

Li is now in preproduction on an untitled J&J project, which teams him with Jackie Chan. Li was last seen in Rogue Pictures' Fearless.
    Plus, Jet is collaborating with Jackie Chan to film an untitled movie with a Journey To The West background, due to start filming in May.....also starring is Michael Angarano (Sky High).

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...d=40692&type=0

this is going to be interesting....
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 03-25-07 at 07:38 AM.
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Spaniard -

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c
    Jet is going for the wrap up!!

Date:22-MARCH-07
    Source: SciFi.com http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...d=40684&type=0

Plus, Jet is collaborating with Jackie Chan to film an untitled movie with a Journey To The West background, due to start filming in May.....also starring is Michael Angarano (Sky High).

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...d=40692&type=0

this is going to be interesting....
    wow! a Jet Li and Jackie Chan movie..I bet this is gonna be soo cool
    Call me KIM

LIVE
    to
    EAT
    to
    LIVE

Danny Noriega (American Idol Season 7) fan FOREVER