Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: Young Judge bao 3 少年包青天Ⅲ之天芒传奇

Quote Originally Posted by Easter Lily View Post
    My brother's getting me series 2.
    I saw the first 12 eps of series 1 and was annoyed that the rest of the series wasn't available.
    awww haha. its good that you're getting series 2 though! it's even better than 1 imo

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    awww haha. its good that you're getting series 2 though! it's even better than 1 imo
    Now that I've seen quite a few episodes of series 2, I can see why you like it.
    It's a lot like canon and it has all the other sidekicks like Ma Han, Wang Chao, Zhao Hu. In fact, it reminds me of Robert van Gulik's Judge Dee (Di Renjie) series, which is not surprising when van Gulik admitted to borrowing a number of plot ideas from Bao Gong Qi An.
    The pacing in series 2 is also better than 3.
    As for series 3, they could easily have cut out 10 episodes if they got rid of the women. Some bits were pretty draggy and I didn't think the women contributed all that much to the plot overall except as padding.

Quote Originally Posted by Easter Lily View Post
    Now that I've seen quite a few episodes of series 2, I can see why you like it.
    It's a lot like canon and it has all the other sidekicks like Ma Han, Wang Chao, Zhao Hu. In fact, it reminds me of Robert van Gulik's Judge Dee (Di Renjie) series, which is not surprising when van Gulik admitted to borrowing a number of plot ideas from Bao Gong Qi An.
    The pacing in series 2 is also better than 3.
    As for series 3, they could easily have cut out 10 episodes if they got rid of the women. Some bits were pretty draggy and I didn't think the women contributed all that much to the plot overall except as padding.
    hehe yup! i really liked all the characters in series 2. even the girls, which they always seem to find a way to make annoying, grew on me in time
    ugh and i totally agree. i hated the dragged-out storylines in 3.

With all their strengths, the biggest problem with all these different incarnations of Justice Bao is that the showrunners have turned Bao Zheng into some kind of anachronistic pacifist in the 21st century mould. He always ends up retiring because he gets the heebie jeebies about the consequences of using his incredible intellect. All of this namby pamby silliness in spite of saying at the beginning of the show that he wants to serve the people and rid the world of evildoers.
    The Sherlock Holmes stuff, locked room murders are highly enjoyable, no doubt, but I would like to see more of the great, impartial judge in action, giving all the criminals, whatever their station, their just desserts.

Deng Cao is definitely my favourite incarnation because he's such a wonderful actor, despite the silly ending that his Bao Zheng was saddled with.

Hi can someone help me with a website that actually have this series on sale in DVD?
    I've looked in most place, but limited due to lack of website knowledge of chinese series dubbed in different language, but to no luck, and some links have series 1 and series 2, but they don't have series 3.

I'm looking for a DVD version of this series Young Justice Bao III / Young Detective III dubb in Khmer. Thank you for your help.