Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kyumei Byoto 24 Ji (24 Hours Emergency Ward) 1-3

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge View Post
    It felt like Dr. Shindo was rather sidelined in part 4. Sawai Sensei was more interesting because I couldn't quite put my finger on his character until toward the end of the series. I was surprised to learn that Matsushima Nanako won Best Actress for her role at the 62nd Television Drama Academy Awards. It's not that she was bad or anything, but certainly not so outstanding as to warrant such recognition.
    Yes he was. I'm not sure if it was because of Eguchi Yosuke's injuries.

Haha. Hmm, let's just say that if someone like Fukuda Kyoko can be an actress who is regularly cast as a leading star in dramas, it is fathomable why bland acting by people like Matsushima Nanako can snare awards. It's sad that Japanese dramas have come to this state ... !

Will there be season 5? Got addicted ady >.<

Season 5 airs this July but without Eguchi Yosuke. I think they shouldn't go on with this series. It gets tired after a while. How many emergency scenarios and dysfunctional teams can there be.

I enjoyed Season 2 the best. Season 3 was pretty interesting since it examined ER in relation to a natural disaster on a large scale.

Aww, ''Awesome''. Kyumei Byoto without d main actor, then they shouldn't call it kyumei byoto, they should change the name since they decided to get rid of the main actor. =.=''

Agree, *thumb up* , i owned an original set of DVD only for that season,for i can keep on watching it again and again~~

Wow, good thing I came on here. I don't mind not having the main male lead as long as Nanako is the lead. Can't wait!

Anyone know if season 1 to 4 are still available for watching/downloading from the internet? From what I've searched so far, I think this thread here holds the most information online pertaining to the series lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Adachizzle View Post
    Anyone know if season 1 to 4 are still available for watching/downloading from the internet? From what I've searched so far, I think this thread here holds the most information online pertaining to the series lol.
    You can probably find them on the Chinese video streaming sites, by searching with the Japanese words in the title.

Based on the information released on the official website, it looks like Season 5 may be about organ transplant and a dysfuntional ER team? I can't summon any enthusiasm for this season. The story feels unoriginal and has sort of been done to death. Like Lady Zhuge noted long ago, Nanako hasn't delivered an outstanding performance, and I'm not expecting that of her this time too.

Trailer for Season 5

Thanks for sharing the trailer! It looks like Nanako's character will be the lead this time so she'll definitely get more screen time to shine. I'm so excited to see her! I hope someone will sub it.