Thread: Gymnastics

Default Gymnastics

I know i'll probably be the only one writing on this topic but I just want to congradulate the Chinese women's gymnastics team and the men as well. They did a great job at the worlds and Asian games. Particulary to the women team because they were absolutely beautiful.

Love Zhang Nan & Cheng Fei ( I hope they win gold in beijing).

Quote Originally Posted by Kolab
    I know i'll probably be the only one writing on this topic but I just want to congradulate the Chinese women's gymnastics team and the men as well. They did a great job at the worlds and Asian games. Particulary to the women team because they were absolutely beautiful.

Love Zhang Nan & Cheng Fei ( I hope they win gold in beijing).
    one of my favourite even to watch during games.. ^^
    Yeah, I hope Chinese team wins too. ^^

But Russia and USA are both quite storng right?
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

i think the chinese team will win china is no.1 in gym.

Quote Originally Posted by lyf_ling- er87
    i think the chinese team will win china is no.1 in gym.
    I sure hope China is number 1, did you see how much they train? It's almost inhumane.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck21
    I sure hope China is number 1, did you see how much they train? It's almost inhumane.
    yup! couldn't believe my eyes. they trained like terribly hard.. sure hope they are no. 1.
    Yesterday is history.
    Tomorrow a mystery.
    Today is a gift.
    That's why it's called the present!

some description pls.. hehe i have no idea..
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

Quote Originally Posted by ChestNut
    some description pls.. hehe i have no idea..
    They choose boys and girls from a young age and put them in a gymnastic school funded by the government of course. The kids live away from their parents for months only to see them once or twice a year. I don't know how many hours they train per day but I'm sure it's a lot. I saw their training in a documentary and let me tell you that the trainers are really tough to the point of being mean. With that type of training or should I rather say treatment, China better be #1. If Canadian athletes trained like that, I can bet that we'd be not bad either. Luckily, we're not that obsessed with showing off our social system.

They choose boys and girls from a young age and put them in a gymnastic school funded by the government of course. The kids live away from their parents for months only to see them once or twice a year. I don't know how many hours they train per day but I'm sure it's a lot. I saw their training in a documentary and let me tell you that the trainers are really tough to the point of being mean. With that type of training or should I rather say treatment, China better be #1. If Canadian athletes trained like that, I can bet that we'd be not bad either. Luckily, we're not that obsessed with showing off our social system.
    Canadians do as well, as do most American gymnasts, in fact, it's how gymnasts are trained everywhere. They are sent away to private, gymnastic schools at an early age (assuming they are accepted as "talented enough) and concentrate on training on it. That's how all American Olympic gymnasts are trained. It's just the way it is. Of course, this whole thing isn't government sponsored, so alot of families choose not to make such a committment for such a long shot, but it is how gymnasts are trained everywhere.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

OMG I love watching gymnastics!

But I gotta say I don't really like the Chinese gymnasts as much as the Americans nowadays. I think Shawn Johnson is so cute! And Nastia Liukin's really pretty.
    Last edited by Sparky; 08-20-08 at 09:58 PM.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

i see but i agree dat that's the way it is in most sports... just prolly in china the living conditions might be a bit worse, hence making it look extra cruel..
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

Quote Originally Posted by ChestNut
    i see but i agree dat that's the way it is in most sports... just prolly in china the living conditions might be a bit worse, hence making it look extra cruel..
    Acutally, the living condition was not bad at all, their room was clean and pleasant. It was more the training and the coaches that I thought was awful.

Acutally, the living condition was not bad at all, their room was clean and pleasant. It was more the training and the coaches that I thought was awful.
    i see.. then again, can't compare with other countries cos they don't really show documentaries of this sort.. hmm..
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~