Thread: Old 1990's TVB Series( I still love 'em)

Default Old 1990's TVB Series( I still love 'em)

I still have old tvb series from the early, and mid 1990's in vietnamese, but they are scattered and I found some of them. Do you guys still have those old tvb series? Some of what I have is:
    1) The Change of Time, and the viet title is Thien Ha Cua Long. It starred Francis Ng, Frankie Lam, and Gigi Lai, they looked VERY young.

2) Source of Evil and viet title is Dong Tien Toi Loi. I don't know the names of the people in this series.

3) The Commandments and the viet title is Vo Lam Hanh Van Tinh, and it starred Deric Wan.

4) Golden Snake Sword and the viet title is Kim Xa Kiem. It starred Ekin Cheng.

5) On The Edge and the viet title is Mang Luoi Tuyet Vong. It starred Francis Ng, and Deric Wan.

I have the theme opening videos for some of these series on YouTube.
    So go to Youtube.com and enter my username into the search bar: Old90sTvbVids
    Last edited by nerdyone; 12-10-06 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nerdyone

3) The Commandments and the viet title is Vo Lam Hanh Van Tinh, and it starred Deric Wan.

5) On The Edge and the viet title is Mang Luoi Tuyet Vong. It starred Francis Ng, and Deric Wan.

I have seen these series. Love Deric and Vivian The Commandments. First series I ever saw of Deric.

Golden Snake Sword, great theme song. The series is ok. I like Ekin in Zu Mountain Saga more.

Glad to see Deric paired up with Sheren. From what I remember, Francis was the main character though right. He died because of being involved with importing drugs? Michael Tao was the villain.

Quote Originally Posted by nerdyone
    I still have old tvb series from the early, and mid 1990's in vietnamese, but they are scattered and I found some of them. Do you guys still have those old tvb series? Some of what I have is:
    1) The Change of Time, and the viet title is Thien Ha Cua Long. It starred Francis Ng, Frankie Lam, and Gigi Lai, they looked VERY young.

2) Source of Evil and viet title is Dong Tien Toi Loi. I don't know the names of the people in this series.

These were all good series. On the Edge was such a tragic series and Ekin was so great in Golden Snake Sword. In my opinion, they are better than any new ancient series that gets released by TVB these days. Mystery of the Sabre, Mystery of the Twin Swords, All About Tin, Fist of Power, Gods and Demons of Zu Mountain, sigh...I miss these kind of productions.

In terms of modern series, I particularly liked Big Family, The Key Man, Greed of Man and Racing Peak.
    Last edited by wang23; 12-11-06 at 01:24 AM.

I like The Change of Time. The main story revolves around the life of 3 young people from China mainland (Francis Ng), Taiwan (Maggie Shiu), and HK (Frankie Lam). Francis n Frankie r half bros, while Maggie n Gigi r half sis.
    Francis drift bad after getting touch to the materialist world of HK, something he didn't have when living in mainland.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix
    I have seen these series. Love Deric and Vivian The Commandments. First series I ever saw of Deric.

Golden Snake Sword, great theme song. The series is ok. I like Ekin in Zu Mountain Saga more.

Glad to see Deric paired up with Sheren. From what I remember, Francis was the main character though right. He died because of being involved with importing drugs? Michael Tao was the villain.
    Yeah it was so sad when he died....I always cry at that part.

Quote Originally Posted by shaw_mag
    I like The Change of Time. The main story revolves around the life of 3 young people from China mainland (Francis Ng), Taiwan (Maggie Shiu), and HK (Frankie Lam). Francis n Frankie r half bros, while Maggie n Gigi r half sis.
    Francis drift bad after getting touch to the materialist world of HK, something he didn't have when living in mainland.
    I especially liked the ending to the series since Francis was able to return back to his roots.

I love Golden Snake Sword, ekin was great in it, but i hate the chick that played his wife...she cant act at all :P:P

Quote Originally Posted by Anekin
    I love Golden Snake Sword, ekin was great in it, but i hate the chick that played his wife...she cant act at all :P:P
    Her acting in there was average at best, her voice is amazing though.

I have:

I love Amy 1 1989 - Toi Yeu Tieu Oan Gia with Alvina Kong Yan Yin, Liu Kai Chi, and Dicky Cheung Wai Kin. It's funny as anything once you get past the 80's fashion.

Mystery of the Twin Swords 1990 - Nhat Nguyet Than Kiem with Dicky Cheung and Roger Kwok. Man, I loved Ah Yat. Roger turned into another Dicky nowadays though.

Zu Mt Saga 1991 - Thuc Son Ky Hiep (1)/ Tien Lu Ky Duyen (2) with Nnadia Chan and Ekin Cheng.

The Revelation of the Last Hero 1992 - Vo Anh Kim Dao with Aaron Kwok Fu Shing and Noel Leung Siu Bing. Overall a good one. I like the Boi Boi girl.

I liked the Commandments too. Other series in the 90s I've been looking for are A Good Match from Heaven (Troi Ban Duyen Tinh) with Deric Wan Siu Lun and Amy Kwok Oi Ming, Virtues of Harmony (Tinh Nguoi) with Nancy Sit Ka Yin, and Heartstring (Liet Hoa An Tinh) with Aaron Kwok.

Quote Originally Posted by hinako442003
    I have:

The Revelation of the Last Hero 1992 - Vo Anh Kim Dao with Aaron Kwok Fu Shing and Noel Leung Siu Bing. Overall a good one. I like the Boi Boi girl.

I liked the Commandments too.
    Wow thx for reminding both of these series. They are one of my favorite oldies too.
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

Quote Originally Posted by Felix
    Her acting in there was average at best, her voice is amazing though.
    She doesn' t have much experience with acting. I only remember Angela Pang acted in Super Cops and Golden Snake Sword, neither performaces were stellar. But she definitely can sing.

Quote Originally Posted by hinako442003

The Revelation of the Last Hero[/b] 1992 - Vo Anh Kim Dao with Aaron Kwok Fu Shing and Noel Leung Siu Bing. Overall a good one. I like the Boi Boi girl.
    Boi boi girl, her name is Fennie Yuen.

I love this series. One of my favorites all time, definitely in top ten. Aaron and Noel, they are my 3rd fave onscreen couple all time. Love them together in here. I am glad Aaron chose Noel. Luckily for Fennie, she got herself an Aaron lookalike, not too bad.