• 1980s

14 73.68%
  • 1990s

2 10.53%
  • 2000s

3 15.79%

Thread: Buying JY Trilogy

Default Buying JY Trilogy

Hi, I'm new here - when I was a little kid, I watched LoCH - RoCH and HSDS (1980s version I think - with Andy Lau, Idy, Barbara Yung, and Tony Leung) with my grandparents - now I have the urge to watched it again

I'm going to buy these trilogy - however I don't know which should I buy - can any of you be kindly enough to advise me which version that I should buy Thanx A LOT !!!

PS: I used to be able to read Mandarin and speak it - however I can't anymore, so these versions have to have English Subs - Oh and I've been looking for HSDS English Subs - I can't find it if you can please post a web link to where I can buy em - so far I've been to Ebay and Yesasia to compare em :/

Buy LOCH 2000 or 2001, for ROCH go for 1983 or 1995, dont buy 2006, it will make u puke.

as for HSDS I am not sure, but dont buy the one with steven ma.

- Can you tell me why the LOCH 2000 or 2001 is better than the 1983s or anyother version
    - Likewise for ROCH 1983 and 1995

Please Help me - I have about $250 budget to buy these series - I can't afford to buy 2 versions of the series

Quote Originally Posted by Cerberos86
    - Can you tell me why the LOCH 2000 or 2001 is better than the 1983s or anyother version
    - Likewise for ROCH 1983 and 1995

Please Help me - I have about $250 budget to buy these series - I can't afford to buy 2 versions of the series
    I would choose:

LOCH 1983
    ROCH 1983

There is a continuality of the characters played (such as the hong seven gong, the enemies). The costumes are better, budget seemed better....I think 80's ancient TVB series are way better than the 90's and 00's.

I own both the LOCH and ROCH 1983 and love these 2 series to death! Would it tell you anything if these 2 are the only TVB series DVD I own? That's how much I love them!

Considering the fact that you watched the 80s version with your grandparents, I suggest maybe you should buy the 80s version then. They're the only one comes with English subtitles that you can purchase at Yesasia.com anyway.
    I personally prefer the 90s, LOCH 94 with Athena Chu & Chi Lam, ROCH 95 with Carmen Lee & Louis Koo and perhaps HSDS 2000 with Lawrence Ng and Gigi Lai. But I doubt they come with English subtitles.

For LOCH, i would definitely pick the 1983 version with Felix and Barbara.

ROCH, i recommend "the taiwan version with black XLN" LOL, just kidding. I'd pick either the 1983 one with Andy Lau or the 1995 one with Louis Koo. If you're female and like eye candy, i'd go for the 1995 version... i personally find Louis Koo very attractive in ROCH.

HSDS, i would recommend the 1986 version. I'm not overly familiar with the 94 version though, because i have not seen it for a long time. It does have some nice themesongs though.

I have a feeling only the 80s versions and new versions (00s) are available with english subs, thus if you're picking between them, definitely go for the classic 80s ones.