View Poll Results: Overall, who do you like more?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Little Dragon Girl

24 31.17%
  • White Haired Maiden

38 49.35%
  • Tie!!!

4 5.19%
  • I can't decide - Don't know who White Haired Maiden is...

11 14.29%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LYS's White Haired Maiden or JY's Little Dragon Girl?

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWalker
    Yu Luo Cha all the way!!! She has great martial arts, speaks her mind, can differentiate btwn right and wrong, and not to mention a great beauty. She's not all innocent & ignorant like XLN and got a fiesty kick arse attitude! The only thing she lacks is a great guy by her side. She's way tooooo good for Zhuo Yi Hang. I always liked Yue Ming Ke better and hope in some strange way that they could end up together but of course, that never happened...otherwise, her life wouldn't be so tragic!

XLN is just....hate to say it...but soooo damn boring!!!!! She has great martial arts and a very beautiful and loyal woman (to YG only) but she just lacks some spark in her character.
    Yep! You said Skywalker! I agree 101%. It proves women can be smart, great at martial arts, and be beautiful.

Women like XLN is just a nice thing to look at but The White Haired Maiden, you can actually interact with on a intellectual level. XLN doesn't just lack a spark in her character, she lacked a whole forest fire of a character. XLN is the one you'd date but then find her boring and stale until you meet the White Haired Maiden and you want to marry her!
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 12-14-06 at 09:39 PM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

You folks have got my curiosity aroused. Who is the 'White Haired Maiden'? The only one I'm familiar with is Shui Ling's White Haired Demoness.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG
    You folks have got my curiosity aroused. Who is the 'White Haired Maiden'? The only one I'm familiar with is Shui Ling's White Haired Demoness.
    Yep. Thats the one. Except I prefer Ada Choi's "Romance of the White Haired Maiden", Julian Cheung Chilam just looked horrible in the wig and Shui Ling's well...I never saw her adaptation on the whole. So no comment.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    Yep! You said Skywalker! I agree 101%. It proves women can be smart, great at martial arts, and be beautiful.

Women like XLN is just a nice thing to look at but The White Haired Maiden, you can actually interact with on a intellectual level. XLN doesn't just lack a spark in her character, she lacked a whole forest fire of a character. XLN is the one you'd date but then find her boring and stale until you meet the White Haired Maiden and you want to marry her!
    haha you crack me up. My Gu Gu is like a rare flower that only a few can admire her inner beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG
    Oops sorry. It should be Demoness huh? I always write her as White Haired Maiden. I guess I am used to it by now. Yeah, White Haired Maiden I am talking about is White Haired Demoness.

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

Quote Originally Posted by resident:alien
    felt more sympathy for WHITE HAIR MAIDEN althought i was pretty creeped out.

and besides, the visions of the last ROCH adaptation has corrupted my soul. i can't look at ROCH the same anymore.

my god, ROCH06 is that bad, huh? i only watched Richie Ren's and this one, so i'll have to say this one is better....perhaps the earlier versions gives better impact that 06.

anyway, i also agree with skywalker....a girl like Lin Ngai Seung is definitely the one any man can devote life to...i mean, she's a strong character, intelligent (minus the dumbness when she decided the coward Yat Hong is the man of her life), and independent, hard-headed and decisive, not to mention loyal too....even though Yat Hong had done her great pain, she still fight to win his heart, even if in the end she grew so angry with him and decides never to see him again (which i cheered for), but everyone knows the only man in her heart is Yat Hong. she left him, but was still longing for him. although this action only hurts both of them, i must say it's the most appropriate...i mean, how can you accept someone who cannot trust you, and would rather trust somebody else over you, for countless of times? Yat Hong realized this in the end, but broken heart need time to heal...and sorry to say in her situation it would take forever....

the only series of White Hair Maiden that i watched was with Ada Choi and Timmy Ho. its only 20 eps, but heck it was so good i could not get it off my mind weeks after the broadcast ended....i tried finding the vcd, but i all i get was its too old and unpopular that there is no copy of it worth selling *sigh*

You can find the first 14 chapters here...

http://wuxiapedia.com/novels/liang_y...aired_demoness
    you're my saviour Sky! i wonder why cant i find it yesterday when i was browsing thru the site looking for it?? must have missed a link there....anyway, thanx!! *scurries away to Wuxiapedia*
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 12-15-06 at 03:17 AM.
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c
    my god, ROCH06 is that bad, huh? i only watched Richie Ren's and this one, so i'll have to say this one is better....perhaps the earlier versions gives better impact that 06.
    The only TV version of ROCH I've ever seen is the 84 version w/ Andy Lau as YG. This series had great casts and I thought the XLN in here was quite pretty.

anyway, i also agree with skywalker....a girl like Lin Ngai Seung is definitely the one any man can devote life to...i mean, she's a strong character, intelligent (minus the dumbness when she decided the coward Yat Hong is the man of her life), and independent, hard-headed and decisive, not to mention loyal too....even though Yat Hong had done her great pain, she still fight to win his heart, even if in the end she grew so angry with him and decides never to see him again (which i cheered for), but everyone knows the only man in her heart is Yat Hong. she left him, but was still longing for him. although this action only hurts both of them, i must say it's the most appropriate...i mean, how can you accept someone who cannot trust you, and would rather trust somebody else over you, for countless of times? Yat Hong realized this in the end, but broken heart need time to heal...and sorry to say in her situation it would take forever....
    YES!!!!! The whole tragedy of her life begins the moment she met Zhou Yi Hang. She's almost superior to him in every aspects and I just don't know what she saw in him!!!!! The only thing i can think of is the kindess he showed her the first time they met...before that, no one besides her master has shown her any kind of kindness and therefore touched her heart forever...sigh...what a pity...if only she had met Yue Ming Ke first and they didn't have all that misunderstanding btwn their masters, then maybe something great could've come out of that relationship.

you're my saviour Sky! i wonder why cant i find it yesterday when i was browsing thru the site looking for it?? must have missed a link there....anyway, thanx!! *scurries away to Wuxiapedia*
    I hope you enjoy it!! I was just there the other day re reading it...great translation but unfortunately, it's incomplete at the moment. I hope he/she gets the time to finish it.

I'm surprised that a lot of pple here are not familiar w/ the White Hair Demoness. I thought it was a pretty popular novel. Well, I hope this will give it some more exposure b/c I really love Yu Luo Cha & Yue Ming Ke. Not a fan of Zhuo Yi Hang at all!
    Last edited by SkyWalker; 12-15-06 at 10:03 AM.

Guess I am the only one to give them a Tie.

After all they both have in their own ways pretty interesting personalities.

I'm surprised that a lot of pple here are not familiar w/ the White Hair Demoness. I thought it was a pretty popular novel. Well, I hope this will give it some more exposure b/c I really love Yu Luo Cha & Yue Ming Ke. Not a fan of Zhuo Yi Hang at all!
    i think popular novels would get adapted into tv series more often, as the likes of Jue Dai Shuang Jiao, Condor trilogy, DGSD, oh well...and most of JY novels....while White Haired maiden i only saw once of the Ada Choi version and i heard one of Taiwan version...so it just came to my mind people are not that impressed or attracted to a female being the main character, with the hero with no outstanding traits or skills whatsoever, thus the novel not being so popular...but, that is just my humble opinion....

One q, who is Yue Ming Ke? i would probably recognize it by canto name, since the series i watched was in canto.
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 12-15-06 at 12:29 PM.
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Quote Originally Posted by Yeung Gor
    haha you crack me up. My Gu Gu is like a rare flower that only a few can admire her inner beauty.
    i sure admire her outer and inner beauty.... don't worry, i won't snatch your gu gu away, im a girl....

Here's a picture of the Shui Ling version:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i11.tinypic.com/2nlfo87.jpg')

Shui Ling's character kept hanging out with the bad guy wouldn't admit he was bad until it was almost too late. The actress playing the bad guy's mother was great. [That's her in the middle with the red outfit in the lower left] There was a cute, wacky girl that chased after most of the guys in the series but I've never seen her since this series.
    Last edited by JamesG; 12-15-06 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MysteriouX
    Guess I am the only one to give them a Tie.

After all they both have in their own ways pretty interesting personalities.
    If it was based purely on beauty, I would have a hard time deciding, I would settle for a tie. If I was held at gunpoint though, I guess I would say Little Dragon Girl barely edges White Haired Demoness.

One q, who is Yue Ming Ke? i would probably recognize it by canto name, since the series i watched was in canto.
    The guy who became a monk at the end. His martial arts was just as good if not better than YLC.

The guy who became a monk at the end. His martial arts was just as good if not better than YLC.
    In Ada's version, he unintentionally killed YLC's sworn sister and it is probably the reason why he became a monk too?

Wow WHM pwned XLN in popularity. I vote number 4 coz I don't know who WHM is. Maybe in the future.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bangs
    Wow WHM pwned XLN in popularity. I vote number 4 coz I don't know who WHM is. Maybe in the future.....
    WHM even had a sliding down the fabric scene like XLN.

I'd go for White Haired Maiden, even though I've watched only 17 out of 40 parts of an adaptation about her.

**Spoiler: Could anyone plz tell me how to have such a long signature like ghostdarTeal'c:
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c's signature
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Spaniard -

Rong Ying Min, if you check out the first page, youd see how i got those long sig...but ill tell you anyway...
    i made the sig in 2004, which is way before the webmaster put up the 200char limitation....so unless i change the sig to a shorter one, my sig wouldnt get affected by the character limitation...i tried cutting down some, but unless it is within 200char i cant update the sig...so i decided to have it just the way it is...hey, i probably have the longest sig around here, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    In Ada's version, he unintentionally killed YLC's sworn sister and it is probably the reason why he became a monk too?
    oh, that would be Ngok Ming Ngor...wonder why the canto seem so different from the mand. anyway, from Ada Choi's adaptation, im thinking one of the many reasons he became a monk coz while he was under the influence of Minister Ngai (Minister Ngai poisoned him to become insane) he killed many men, including the Shaolin monk who tried to cure him. he regained his sanity (actually he was cured before, but became human vegie) after seeing Tit SanWu (Tie ShanHu?) dying to protect him from Kam Tuk Yee(??). after he helped Ngai Seung fight the bad guys he tried to kill himself but was stopped by Ngai Seung...so later he became a monk...
    yeah, i like him far much better than Yat Hong...it would be a great match if he coupled with Ngai Seung, but he's in love with SanWu...lucky girl..too bad she had to die in the end...

i dont know how faithful the series was to the book, havent got the time to read it yet, so...

and whats with the Taiwan's White Haired Demoness poster? It's horrible! Shui Ling doesnt look beautiful at all (i love her in LOCH03), and those wigs...my god...does the older woman in red wears a wig too? coz her hair looked like a bird's nest....the costume are disastrous too...why do they look like theyre part of Beggar clan in the poster? except for Shui Ling's white costume, the rest of them are just painful to watch...its no wonder if this series is all that popular...the poster speaks it all....
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 12-16-06 at 12:16 AM.
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Spaniard -

you better believe it. you can blame it on HXM's monkey screaming antics and LYF's horrible acting.

however, the supporting cast = teh win...
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

the supporting casts were excellent...i love HR and GJ in 06...altho i might be a lill bias coz i love HR in LOCH03, but still, i cant remember HR from Richie Ren's, but the one in ROCH06 was just fabulous..~!

anyway....anyone know whether Ferie Queen (the translator for White Hair Maiden on Wuxiapedia) ever going to finish the book? i noticed the last post was in 2005...it would be a shame if she dont finish it....YLC is such an interesting character, and im dying to know what really happen in the book and compare it with Ada's Romance of White Haired Maiden...
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Spaniard -