View Poll Results: Overall, who do you like more?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Little Dragon Girl

24 31.17%
  • White Haired Maiden

38 49.35%
  • Tie!!!

4 5.19%
  • I can't decide - Don't know who White Haired Maiden is...

11 14.29%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LYS's White Haired Maiden or JY's Little Dragon Girl?

Quote Originally Posted by resident:alien
    you better believe it. you can blame it on HXM's monkey screaming antics and LYF's horrible acting.

however, the supporting cast = teh win...
    lyf's horrible acting?? i thought she did a great job.

hey, don't bring that LYR vs ZLR debate in here from the XJ topic. we're not talking about wuxia tv adaptations here. we're talking about the book versions of white hair maiden and xiao long nu.

all i simply stated was that the tv adaptation of 2006 has tainted my views of the novel version of xiao long nu. so, if you have nothing more productive to add to this topic, i suggest you go back to the XJ topic and post there.

and it's my opinion...don't like it...too bad...
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

Quote Originally Posted by resident: alien
    all i simply stated was that the tv adaptation of 2006 has tainted my views of the novel version of xiao long nu.
    really?? and you mentioned HXM's monkey screaming antics and LYF's horrible acting... and btw, i was only replying you...

if you have nothing more productive to add to this topic, i suggest you go back to the XJ topic and post there.
    so your posts are productive huh....

it's my opinion too. it goes the same for you.

Me, unproductive? Ha! At least, I stated my point as to why I chose WHM over XLN...whereas you...you brought in an actress that has no relevance to this topic whatsoever. Funny, I didn't even mention that particular actress's name in the first place.

So, you want to debate? Go to the ROCH 06 topic. See you there.
    Last edited by resident:alien; 12-16-06 at 04:05 AM.
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

good god, you guys...i also dont want to see that LYF debate over here too...ive had enough of that on ROCH thread...we're talking bout the novel here...okay...come on...make peace, peeps...

back on track...anyway, anyone here knows how many chapters White Haired maiden has? Ive never seen the works of LYS....i hope it doesnt have so many chapters like Gu Long's JDSJ...sigh...70? i get tired hitting the save button seventy times...and plus the back and forward button...sigh
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 12-16-06 at 02:41 AM.
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Thank me...not what's-her-face. Otherwise, she would have put more nonsense onto this post. Think of me as a preventer...I put out the flames before they begin. Believe me, I've had enough of that bad actress and endless debates about her.

Anyway, I read on WUXIAPEDIA that it was 44% translated. I'm going to estimate it between 30-40 chapters. If I'm wrong...oh well.

thank god its only 40 chaps...or at least <50. i cant bear dragging kinda stories...its a wonder how they compress a 40chaps story into 20 eps for Romance of White Haired Maiden...i hope they didnt deviate too much on the storyline...
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

White haired maiden for sure

Quote Originally Posted by resident:alien
    hey, don't bring that LYR vs ZLR debate in here from the XJ topic. we're not talking about wuxia tv adaptations here. we're talking about the book versions of white hair maiden and xiao long nu.

all i simply stated was that the tv adaptation of 2006 has tainted my views of the novel version of xiao long nu. so, if you have nothing more productive to add to this topic, i suggest you go back to the XJ topic and post there.

Seriously if people are going by the adaption version of XLn esp the 06 version... I'd any other good looking chick dressed in white compared to XLN.
    That adaption has tainted my overall positive image towards XLN due to the wonderful acting/looks of Carman Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c
    Rong Ying Min, if you check out the first page, youd see how i got those long sig...but ill tell you anyway...
    i made the sig in 2004, which is way before the webmaster put up the 200char limitation....so unless i change the sig to a shorter one, my sig wouldnt get affected by the character limitation...i tried cutting down some, but unless it is within 200char i cant update the sig...so i decided to have it just the way it is...hey, i probably have the longest sig around here, huh?

Hehe I remember Pming you ages ago about your wicked sick sig

u sure you pmed me? i havent erased any of the inbox msg, dont see your name amongst those...

am proud to have the wicked sig...
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Spaniard -

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c
    u sure you pmed me? i havent erased any of the inbox msg, dont see your name amongst those...

am proud to have the wicked sig...
    Yes 100% and you said you did the sig way back and havent changed it
    YOu mustve deleed it as a single post since it is truthfully a useless apm lawlz...

It was like back in april-may

Rong Ying Min, if you check out the first page, youd see how i got those long sig...but ill tell you anyway...
    i made the sig in 2004, which is way before the webmaster put up the 200char limitation....so unless i change the sig to a shorter one, my sig wouldnt get affected by the character limitation...i tried cutting down some, but unless it is within 200char i cant update the sig...so i decided to have it just the way it is...hey, i probably have the longest sig around here, huh?
    funny ha-ha.
    your sig is so long uniquely. I'm envious of you having it.
    Last edited by RongYingMin; 12-16-06 at 11:24 AM.

yeah....well...we're going off topic, yet again....

looks like YLC smoked XLN...way to go whitey!

im particularly impressed that quite a number of people are aware of the excellent story by LYS....i mean, all i hear in this forum is about Gu Long and JY's works...the splendour of Condor trilogy and the other of JY's novels.....although i am yet to read the novel (im waiting til im back to college before starting to read it) im sure it's as good as the tv series if not better....
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Spaniard -

There are chances of LYF/Carmen Lee fans hijacking this poll and rigging the votes.
    So those XLN voters may have to prove themselves by voting AND posting at least a post in here.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    There are chances of LYF/Carmen Lee fans hijacking this poll and rigging the votes.
    So those XLN voters may have to prove themselves by voting AND posting at least a post in here.
    LawL!!
    Not posts like 'OMG LYF so angelically pretty... my idol from the heavens let me kowtow to you 1000 times"

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    those diehard, obsessive fans have got to differentiate from voting their fav actress for XLN and the character itself...man...i hope they wont ruin the poll like the World Cup Actress whatever poll months before....i bet most of them dont even know who the heck is White Haired Maiden...
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Spaniard -

Hello, I voted for the White Hair Maiden, I watched the ada choi version, which made me love the characher. Plus she was so beautiful there. I have a question if someone can PM me the answer (in case you don't want to spoil the story for others) or even reply with an answer. I know what happened in this novel White Hair Demoness. However, did they have any interaction in the sequels (seven swords)? Like before they both died, did they have any interactions or get together? Thanks for the help.

What the....

seven swords is the sequel for White Haired Maiden??? im all confused here....
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Spaniard -

It's Seven Swordsman is one of the latter books.

If I'm correct, Master (I don't know his chinese name) Shadow-Glow is a disciple of the protagonist who commits the offense against WHM. It went something like that. I'm still reading on it at wuxiaphorumz and trying to cetch up at wuxipedia.