Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saga of the Lost Kingdom ft. Roger Kwok, Eddie Cheung, Margie Tsang, and Kathy Chow

Default Saga of the Lost Kingdom ft. Roger Kwok, Eddie Cheung, Margie Tsang, and Kathy Chow

I'm watching this series among the other serials I'm also watching. Finally got the chance to see what this series is all about or well part of it for now.

Production year: 1988

Roger Kwok plays the 14th decendant of Qin Shui Huang and his family and the rest of the Qin dynasty loyalist live on this island or secretive place that possesses a treasure that for decades people have been trying to get there by sea but theres always a storm or something and they all (die) go but never return.

The actor who plays Yang Xiao in HSDS86 is here, he plays Eddie Cheung's dad who gets captured among other wulin leaders on their trip to find Roger Kwok's home.

Margie Tsang plays this girl who accidently arrive at Roger's home and he kind of likes her? But she has this myserious identity.

I haven't seen Kathy yet. I haven't gotten that far yet.

Liu Kai Chi, who played the 3rd Wu Dang hero in HSDS86 is also in here as something something Scholar, whose a good martial artist but due to some past mistake of killing the wrong people, he crippled his legs in remorse. Then he met Roger and made him his student, however, not for long, Roger kind of caused him to do the wrong thing and erase two people's neigong and so he chopped his left arm or disabled his left arm, once gain in remorse for what he did. Kinda extreme but sigh....hes still cool. Or maybe I just like Liu Kai Chi as an actor.....and so any character he takes on seems cool to me!

Anyone seen this series and remember it? Comments?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Here's the Full cast list:

Roger Kwok Chun On
    Margie Tsang Wah Sin
    Kathy Chow Hoi Mei
    Hugo Ng Dai Yung
    Eddie Cheung Siu Fai
    Mimi Kung Chi Yan
    May Ho Mei Ting
    Dicky Cheung Wai Kin
    Jacqueline Law Wai Kin
    Liu Kai Chi
    Go Miu Si
    Chor Ka Po

Credit source: http://bluecrys.com/rev_kingdom_gallery.html
    This page has some pictures of the cast and screen caps.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Wow look at all the actors and actress, like grand production, can't wait to see

I have seen this series before and still looking forward into getting the dvd or vcd. It is great series for the fans of Kathy Chow and Roger Kwok.

Spoiler....

Kathy Chow and Roger Kwok will be a couple here.

Wow, watched this ages ago ... Remember Roger was very stupid in the beginning but later becames extremely intelligent.
    "Most men are of naught more use in their lives but as machines for turning food into shit."

-- Miles Vorkosigan quoting his grandfather (Lois McMaster Bujold, "Memory")

Derek Kwok is also in this series as one of the four heralds of the Butterfly Palace that Kathy Chow is leader of. Derek's role here is quite small actually. Kathy is so young in this series and so is Roger. Hugo Ng finally made an appearance. All still very mysterious.

Its revealed that Roger has some high neigong but I guess he hasn't tapped into it and thats why he can't learn fight well. Well I'd better get back to studying...sigh..it'll all be over by tomorrow.

I like this series but Roger got kind of annoying later on after he magically turned into a genius.

i didn't like kathy in this series...this was the series that made me realize that i couldn't be her fan...as i found something strange with her face. she is much more beautiful now than back then.

but i loved margie tsang...she's just so cute. and i felt sorry for her and spoilers...
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    can't believe she becomes a second wife instead as though roger had to repay her by marrying her! darn that man. margie is so much better...oops...i think i'm too attached to margie as an actress hence i'm blinded. maybe kathy's char is better but before i watched the series at the time, i was not partial to either actress, but at the end of the series, i just really liked margie. someone defend kathy for me...as i would like to learn to accept her. maybe 1och 2007 will do the trick.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

wow! this is really old! the only thing i remember of this series is its themesong
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

I enjoyed watching this Series. It's very famous in Thailand.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kathy Chow is beautiful.

I miss Margie Tsang. She is so cute in this series.

Margie Tsang - Roger Kwok - Kathy Chow

Anyone knows where I can download this? Sounds interesting

a little island east of america and west of europe

I kind of remember watching this when it first came out, but I was too busy swooning over Roger Kwok at the time to pay attention to the plot! Hahaha....

Hopefully TVB will release it on DVD soon so I can re-watch it and actually work out what was going on.

*Mod head on*
    To Jan Low - please don't ask about downloading in this forum, it's not permitted!
    Thanks!

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Em
    I kind of remember watching this when it first came out, but I was too busy swooning over Roger Kwok at the time to pay attention to the plot! Hahaha....

Hopefully TVB will release it on DVD soon so I can re-watch it and actually work out what was going on.

*Mod head on*
    To Jan Low - please don't ask about downloading in this forum, it's not permitted!
    Thanks!

OOPs!! sorry Em. Got carried away!!!

Margie Tsang is very pretty in here.

Fan Bing Bing english forum
    http://www.voy.com/44685/

Fan Bing Bing Official
    http://wwwbingbingfan.com

am currently watching this and must say, it's quite good. i enjoy seeing all the familiar faces of the past. Also, there's quite a lot of likable characters in here. . .

so roger's gonna fall for Kathy later on, eh? that's quite disappointing. but i guess in the olden-days, they like to have stories where main character guy married more than one wifey.

so, is eddie the evil character in here (i am currently on episode 9 and his has very low self-esteem)?
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

I first watched this series (long ago) just because of Kathy and Margie and it turned out a good one too. Of course they were so young back then ... twenty years ago ...... now they are still very beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust
    am currently watching this and must say, it's quite good. i enjoy seeing all the familiar faces of the past. Also, there's quite a lot of likable characters in here. . .

so roger's gonna fall for Kathy later on, eh? that's quite disappointing. but i guess in the olden-days, they like to have stories where main character guy married more than one wifey.

so, is eddie the evil character in here (i am currently on episode 9 and his has very low self-esteem)?
    IIRC, the bad guy is the green robed chap, Margie's sifu. Halfway throughout another villain appears (the true killer of Hugo's family), but he doesn't last long. Quite sad, really, that such a two-dimensional villain will carry through the serial. He never really seemed that evil until towards the end. Eddie, Hugo and Roger, despite their differences, are all good guys.

I don't remember Mimi Kung in this series at all... Eddie's father's name is Newton Lai Hon Chi.

Overall it was quite a good series, even if I wanted Margie to win Roger.