View Poll Results: Which wuxia hair style looks best?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Up

21 75.00%
  • Down

6 21.43%
  • neither I pefer bald

1 3.57%

Thread: Wuxia hair styles, up vs down

Default Wuxia hair styles, up vs down

There are basically two main hair styles in wuxia, one is "up" where the hair is tied up (YG in 83 and 95) and the other is "down", where the hair is hang loose (YG 2006).

Which style do you think looks best?

Hanged down and waxed for sure man

Quote Originally Posted by Yeung Gor
    There are basically two main hair styles in wuxia, one is "up" where the hair is tied up (YG in 83 and 95) and the other is "down", where the hair is hang loose (YG 2006).

Which style do you think looks best?
    Oh my gosh! Do you like my hair up or down?! Should I wear this white dress or this white dress?

Never HUNG loose like YG2006. Take YG from the 1995 adaptation, the hairstyle that he has during the time when he meets GF and the two brothers, and CY and LWS looks good for most men and then the later parts post-16 years look good too. But not all male characters look good with such hairstyles, depends on the facial structure and the head.

Louis's look as Ding Pang in the beginning it has a combo where its tied back and sort of loose looking but not too much. Example is attached. Notice the difference between two pictures--the difference is the hair is tied at a lower position than the other where it's at the near top of the head.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    Oh my gosh! Do you like my hair up or down?! Should I wear this white dress or this white dress?
    Guo Fu, are you trying to impersonate my GuGu?

Guo Fu, are you trying to impersonate my GuGu?
    Eh?*looks around* Who you calling Guo Fu? When I sit, stand, walk, run, sleep, I never change my name. I am Suet Seung (and to a selected few, SS)! You can eat bad food but can not say bad things!

Anyway, to be back ON topic, men with their hair tied up is better than unkempted and hunged loose to the point they look like cave men...although Chen Kun's Fan Li is an exception, when his hair is undone, he still looks elegant and suave.

An example of Chen Kun's Fan Li with his hair all down.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g79/barber2005/76.jpg')

With women's hair, they obviously have more versatality and variety as any women of any era.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 12-16-06 at 05:49 PM.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Er..., I love Zhou Yin's Huang Rong. Her hair style cannot be called exactly up or down. Anyway, I'd pick up 'Up'. .
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img331.imageshack.us/img331/6122/chuyby2.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/2038/cycon02ad5.jpg')

Eh?*looks around* Who you calling Guo Fu? When I sit, stand, walk, run, sleep, I never change my name. I am Suet Seung (and to a selected few, SS)! You can eat bad food but can not say bad things!
    haha, you are Guo Fu because since all you do is pick a fight with me, giving me headaches, and you even badmouth my GuGu. I know SS is just your cover name

Anyway, to be back ON topic, men with their hair tied up is better than unkempted and hunged loose to the point they look like cave men...although Chen Kun's Fan Li is an exception, when his hair is undone, he still looks elegant and suave.

With women's hair, they obviously have more versatality and variety as any women of any era.
    I also like hair tied up but not completely clean, not gentleman style, but more rugged looking.

haha, you are Guo Fu because since all you do is pick a fight with me, giving me headaches, and you even badmouth my GuGu. I know SS is just your cover name

I also like hair tied up but not completely clean, not gentleman style, but more rugged looking.
    You're Dong Fang Bu Bai without any martial arts or neigong because only you could come up with this "Do like my hair up or down?' type of thread and thus there is more yin where there should be more yang. I don't say anything about your girl that isn't already a fact and besides I rarely do talk about her and if you have headaches, its your issue, not mine.

You're Dong Fang Bu Bai without any martial arts or neigong because only you could come up with this "Do like my hair up or down?' type of thread and thus there is more yin where there should be more yang. I don't say anything about your girl that isn't already a fact and besides I rarely do talk about her and if you have headaches, its your issue, not mine.
    Oh don't get mad, just a little teasing.

Oh don't get mad, just a little teasing.
    Mad? Barely. Just in the midst of inspiration this morning (does not relate to this thread at all). Of course, I'm just kidding because I don't like to tease.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 12-16-06 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RongYingMin
    Er..., I love Zhou Yin's Huang Rong. Her hair style cannot be called exactly up or down. Anyway, I'd pick up 'Up'. .
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img331.imageshack.us/img331/6122/chuyby2.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/2038/cycon02ad5.jpg')
    I would catagorized that as up.

"Up" as in tied up in a bun? That looks neater. How about "up" with 2 strands of hair down?
    "By nature, men are nearly alike; by practice, they get to be wide apart."

in the case of Huang Hai Bing- down. i was going to vote for that until i read the post saying down like YG in ROCH 06. that caused me to change my mind

it depends if the person is a male or a female.

females i prefer at least half of it down in the back and some up on the top with the cute little pins.

males, i prefer for their hair to be all up. if they have it down like YG once he gets gray hair, i would like their faces to look clean and the hair to look clean.

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu1995
    it depends if the person is a male or a female.

females i prefer at least half of it down in the back and some up on the top with the cute little pins.

males, i prefer for their hair to be all up. if they have it down like YG once he gets gray hair, i would like their faces to look clean and the hair to look clean.
    I agree, for most of the girls their hair looks really nice when it's at least halfway up.

I think most of the guys look better if their hair is up, or at leat it's neat and not messy.
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

I prefer up and down.