Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Snow Queen

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    10 boxes should be enough, this is from an expert!!!

Thanks for the heads up. I'll need to gather a few of my female friends and watch it together. If I watch it alone I'd be really depressed afterwards. That happened to me for 'I'm sorry I love you'.

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Walin
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll need to gather a few of my female friends and watch it together. If I watch it alone I'd be really depressed afterwards. That happened to me for 'I'm sorry I love you'.
    Hello newbie, welcome to the forum mate!

HB definitely looks more mature now than his previous role in MNIKSS. Is this another melodramatic series? I think I'm going stay clear away from sappy k-dramas for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by bellamia

HB definitely looks more mature now than his previous role in MNIKSS. Is this another melodramatic series? I think I'm going stay clear away from sappy k-dramas for awhile.

Thanks for the surprise welcome. I've been here for a few months and no one has welcomed me. It may be because I don't post. Thanks again for the welcome.

I'm so extremely despise and hate the writer/director of this drama, whats wrong with a happy ending once in a while, I hope the DVD will have an alternate ending, otherwise I'll not buy it waaaa waaaaaaaaaaa I'm sooooo saaaaad!!!!!
    You got your happy ending in Spring Waltz, and people hated it.

Let's face it, lead characters dying in most dramatic way possible at the end is the most memorable.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by bellamia

Its has a sad vibe for the whole 16 eps I can confirm it, however you should watch it otherwise you'll miss the best drama of 2006 (IMO). As I said before this is a homage to the Snow Queen by Hans Andersen, however its more between Kay (HyunBin) and the Snow Queen itself (SYR) in the making. There is no Gerda in this drama. This drama also indirectly a homage to Good Will Hunting, well you only heard that from me

This is also a tribute to the most famous korean boxer kim deuk-gu who died while having a world championship boxing match in 1982.

This drama is also a story about someone who fall from grace and then recover his inner-demon at the end but with a sad and sorrowful life as a price to pay.

This drama is also about loneliness and the thing we do because of it.

This drama is also about love and the thing thats you do to keep it alive and breathing and at the same time knowing that fate is cruel, well especially in korea I think

This drama is also made like a jigsaw puzzle and also a homage to movies like Rashomon and Courage Under Fire. You will be shown a scene, and will be shown the same scene again and again from a different perspective throughout the series for golden moment and cool revealing, what a clever writing....

Well I can write lots of good thing about this drama, however its better if you watch it yourself. I know it will have flaw and all, well this is kdrama that we're talking about, so certain properties must be followed otherwise is not being called a kdrama.

To finish it, just look at this now famous quote from the great Kim Bo-Ra, I DL the msg from her cute red pager (just so you know her pager password is 1111 and her pager no is: 012 220 0284)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r53/garrett850/pager.jpg')

Even if you want to dodge your problems, don't close your eyes. Don't run away. And... Live on. It's better to live.
    The Great Snow Queen Itself
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r53/garrett850/snow-queen01.jpg')

The Snow Queen visiting her Kay
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r53/garrett850/snow-queen-visiting.jpg')
    Last edited by atlantean0208; 03-03-07 at 12:53 PM.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Click here to hear Kim Bora pager msg - beware of spoiler , well if you understand korean that is, otherwise just hear to the most pleasant voice ever.....
    Last edited by atlantean0208; 03-03-07 at 01:20 PM.

FYI, Sung Yuri is older than Hyun Bin.... But it's a fad for older women to call younger man "Oppa"...

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by JonDoe
    FYI, Sung Yuri is older than Hyun Bin.... But it's a fad for older women to call younger man "Oppa"...
    Who cares, this is the story between Kim Bo-Ra and Deuk-Gu Tae-Woong, and she is 3 years younger than Deuk-Gu Tae-Woong, well unless if you're saying that there is something going on between Hyun-Bin and Sung Yuri, is it?

I love this drama, especially Yu Ri and HB. Their actings are so good which made me cried everytime I rewatch the last three eps. Bora and TW rule. Hope to see Yu Ri more in many new projects.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by bluer10
    I love this drama, especially Yu Ri and HB. Their actings are so good which made me cried everytime I rewatch the last three eps. Bora and TW rule. Hope to see Yu Ri more in many new projects.
    I'm glad that you like it, I'm currently rewatching it hehehe, now want to catch One Fine Day, if I able to find it. Currently sung yuri early series (Prince in love) DVD already out with english subs

I'm glad that you like it, I'm currently rewatching it hehehe, now want to catch One Fine Day, if I able to find it. Currently sung yuri early series (Prince in love) DVD already out with english subs

Since you have not watch One Fine Day, my advise is not to watch, don't waste your time.

Prince in Love not bad.

I have her another earlier drama which is "Bad Girls", is also a nice drama. She looks young, sweet and lovely here.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Lovewinter
    Since you have not watch One Fine Day, my advise is not to watch, don't waste your time.

Prince in Love not bad.

I have her another earlier drama which is "Bad Girls", is also a nice drama. She looks young, sweet and lovely here.
    Wow is it that bad, well I may watching it if can get it FREE , well I just adore sung yuri, I'm hoping she will have more projects in the future, maybe a movie...

I love all movies which Yu Ri starred in . Prince's first love, one fine day, My platoon leader (mini series, she 's so cute in uniform), bad girls, and specially SNOW QUEEN. Waiting for her new project. Just like you I 'm madly in love with BORA in snow queen even I love all the roles she played before. So have fun with ONE FINE DAY even somebody thinks it's not good, but it's so good IMO except the love relationship in it. But I don't care hehehehehehe Yu Ri rules

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

I love all movies which Yu Ri starred in . Prince's first love, one fine day, My platoon leader (mini series, she 's so cute in uniform), bad girls, and specially SNOW QUEEN. Waiting for her new project. Just like you I 'm madly in love with BORA in snow queen even I love all the roles she played before. So have fun with ONE FINE DAY even somebody thinks it's not good, but it's so good IMO except the love relationship in it. But I don't care hehehehehehe Yu Ri rules
    LOL, I'm so happy that we're under the same roof, go go Yuri, please do more projects for us your fan, lol you know what, I'm a guy, but I wet my eyes whenever kim bo-ra cries, she is so adorable and fragile, my favorite scene is when she is drunk and shout to HDG/HTW that he is hers followed by the funny piggyback scene, priceless....

Bo-Ra drunk scene "You, Han Deuk-Gu! from now on you're mine!"
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r53/garrett850/bora-drunk.jpg')

The adorable and super-kawaii kim bo-ra @ sung yuri

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r53/garrett850/yuri-banner01.jpg')
    Last edited by atlantean0208; 03-05-07 at 03:30 PM.

LOL, I'm so happy that we're under the same roof, go go Yuri, please do more projects for us your fan, lol you know what, I'm a guy, but I wet my eyes whenever kim bo-ra cries, she is so adorable and fragile, my favorite scene is when she is drunk and shout to HDG/HTW that he is hers followed by the funny piggyback scene, priceless....

Bo-Ra drunk scene "You, Han Deuk-Gu! from now on you're mine!"
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r53/garrett850/bora-drunk.jpg')

The adorable and super-kawaii kim bo-ra @ sung yuri

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r53/garrett850/yuri-banner01.jpg')
    kaaaa I'm a gal but I'm madly in love with her too, hehehe Yep I love the drunk scene, so cute and I 'm cracked when she sang while enjoying the piggyback. hey just check http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.p...=79315&st=6120, they got an awesome Snow queen 's thread, and this for Sung Yu Ri's thread, http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.p...ic=846&st=1200, bet that you would love it. BTW I cried non-stop in the last 3 eps. Bora rules
    Last edited by bluer10; 03-05-07 at 11:41 PM.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

kaaaa I'm a gal but I'm madly in love with her too, hehehe Yep I love the drunk scene, so cute and I 'm cracked when she sang while enjoying the piggyback. hey just check http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.p...=79315&st=6120, they got an awesome Snow queen 's thread, and this for Sung Yu Ri's thread, http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.p...ic=846&st=1200, bet that you would love it. BTW I cried non-stop in the last 3 eps. Bora rules
    Thanx a bunch for the link, lol, you know what I'm now obsessed with this series and kim bo-ra, well in a good way, not that I'm going to change my nationality and migrate to korea and stalked sung yuri the whole day, hahaha (even though the thought come to mind sometimes hehe..., just kidding).

I already bought the Andersons's Snow Queen illustrated book, similar as in the series but in English, also doing my research homework on mysthenia gravis, lol I'm hoping that I can find a cure to prevent kim bo-ra from dying, my computer wallpaper also change now, well you can guess whose in it....

If only I can have the same power that Inoue Orihime from Bleach have, I'm sure I'm going to prevent Kim Bo-Ra from staying forever in LAPLAND...

its been a long time since I'm mad and obsessed about drama series as the Snow Queen....
    Last edited by atlantean0208; 03-06-07 at 04:57 AM.

the series is amazing... so much emotions especially at the end. both lead did a great job. I really wish for a different ending.

Thanx a bunch for the link, lol, you know what I'm now obsessed with this series and kim bo-ra, well in a good way, not that I'm going to change my nationality and migrate to korea and stalked sung yuri the whole day, hahaha (even though the thought come to mind sometimes hehe..., just kidding).

I already bought the Andersons's Snow Queen illustrated book, similar as in the series but in English, also doing my research homework on mysthenia gravis, lol I'm hoping that I can find a cure to prevent kim bo-ra from dying, my computer wallpaper also change now, well you can guess whose in it....

If only I can have the same power that Inoue Orihime from Bleach have, I'm sure I'm going to prevent Kim Bo-Ra from staying forever in LAPLAND...

its been a long time since I'm mad and obsessed about drama series as the Snow Queen....
    hahaha I just love her like an idol. I heard the comic book was diffrerent coz Bora is the snow queen. Yep I saw in soompi somebody explained about Bora's dz too. Hahahahaa My wallpaper has Yu Ri 's image for a long time but it's just change to Bora's image now hehhehehe . Lool like we got a serious virus Bora . Just kidding . Hope you enjoy the links I absolute love them , check them everyday just to look at princess Bora

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

hahaha I just love her like an idol. I heard the comic book was diffrerent coz Bora is the snow queen. Yep I saw in soompi somebody explained about Bora's dz too. Hahahahaa My wallpaper has Yu Ri 's image for a long time but it's just change to Bora's image now hehhehehe . Lool like we got a serious virus Bora . Just kidding . Hope you enjoy the links I absolute love them , check them everyday just to look at princess Bora
    just reading your reply about the adorable kim bo-ra just make me soo happy, have you DL the OST? I guess you already hear it like a hundreds of times already, like what I'm done day and night since I finish watching the show.

Now I'm dissecting the series and making my own clip compilations using VirtualDub, so all my favorite scenes will be played in one continuous sequence, talk about obsession hahahaha....

Now I even considering creating my own unofficial sung-yuri website, well if I got the time

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by JonDoe
    Title : Snow Queen
    Casting :
    Han Dukgu - Hyun Bin
    Kim Bora - Sung Yuri
    Synopse : A mathematical genius who dropped out of highschool after the accidental death of his best friend, meets his first love, the little sister of his best friend, again 8 years later.

Impression : While not explicitly billed as a Winter Sonata spin-off, it is one as it is produced by Yun Suk Ho, written by same writers, and heavily burrows from the Winter Sonata plotline.

Han Dukgu is a highschool mathematical genius with a promising future. Kim Bora is a young wealthy girl with a life-long illness. She runs away from the hospital to avoid constant treatment and meets Han Dukgu on the street. They only meet twice as Han Dukgu's best friend(Bora's brother) died in an accident and Han Duksu failed to show up for their third date. So Han Dukgu and Kim Bora never see each other again for 8 years, not even knowing each other's name.

8 years has passed since. Han Dukgu is still haunted by the death of his best friend whose death he blamed himself for, and has run away from school and home to live as a boxer. Kim Bora is now a spoiled wealthy college girl with a bad personality who has a habit of making everyone's life miserable(Arrogrant wealthy girl and poor man couple is now the in-trend in Korean drama nowadays). Han Dukgu and Kim Bora meet again in hospital as Kim Bora is about to commit suicide, not realizing each other. Han Dukgu saves Kim Bora's life again in her second suicide attempt, and for this Han Dukgu befriends his best friend's family again.

During the course of the story they finally realize each other as the first love they never forgot, but their love is blocked by the death of Kim Bora's brother. When they finally overcome the past after many episodes, it is revealed that Kim Bora's illness is now terminal and has few days to live.

This drama has been criticized for poor acting of Sung Yuri, whose acting the critics complain never improves. But I beg to differ, as the critics are actually not liking Sung Yuri's evil arrogant character, not Sung Yuri's convincing acting. In the past, viewers would have laughed off Sung Yuri's evil character acting.

Overall plotline is similar to Winter Sonata, all the plot elements are there. So how do I like this spin-off? I actually like it.
    hahaha, you're so funny, do you even know the meaning of spin-off, spin-off means one of the original character in the old series is appearing as the main character in the new series, an example:

- We got X-Men, then we got X-Men spin-off, where the main character is wolverine
    - We got Daredevil, then we got Elektra as spin-off

The same writer writing the new movies or drama, it doesn't meant its a spin-off.

Fran Walsh writing this movies: King Kong (2005), The Lord of the Rings, The Frighteners and Heavenly Creatures.

So according to your logic all these movies are spin-off , I don't see Legolas or Aragorn in King Kong? Well maybe I missed it, but hey there is the cook, who do the mo-cap as King Kong and Gollum, well this I think means that King Kong is a spin-off of Lord Of The Rings

heavily burrows from the Winter Sonata plotline
    I already watch Winter Sonata and Snow Queen a couple of times, I don't see any resemblance other than kdrama cliche which exist in almost every kdrama, love triangle, terminal illness, character cry all the time, piggyback, lost love etc. Well maybe the connection is WINTER and SNOW, lol, yaa I think I got it...
    Last edited by atlantean0208; 03-07-07 at 12:13 AM.