Title: 눈의 여왕 / Noon Eui Yeo Wang
    Also known as: The Snow Queen
    Genre: Romance
    Episodes: 16
    Broadcast Network: KBS 2TV
    Broadcast Period: 2006-Nov-13 to
    Air Time: Mondays and Tuesdays 21:55
    Synopsis
    Adapted from Hans Christian Andersen's book "The Snow Queen". Noon Eui Yeo Wang or otherwise known as Queen of Snow is a sad fairy-tale like love story about a genius boxer Han Tae Woong(played by Hyun Bin) fighting against a terminal disease and a daughter of a wealthy family that meet each other and fall in love.

Tae Woong used to be a boxing genius, but soon became a high school drop-out that works as a sparring partner at a third-class boxing gym. Without a hope in life left he meets a women and falls in love.

The drama quickly gathered attention due to the participation of writers Kim Eun Hee and Yoon Eun Gyeong who were part of the team of 'Winter Sonata' as well as the producer and director Lee Hyeong Min of 'I'm Sorry, I Love You.'

Lee Hyeong Min commented as the reason for casting, "I thought Hyun Bin would be the perfect fit for the role of the 'unsfortunate genius' Han Tae Woong because while possessing pureness he is able to express childish rebelliousness. Through two characters that hold a twisted view of the world, the drama will tell a beautiful yet sad story that sets it apart from former trendy drama series."

Cast
    Hyun Bin as Han Tae Woong
    Sung Yu Ri as Kim Bo Ra
    Im Ju Hwan as Suh Gun Woo
    Yoo In Young as Lee Seung Ri
    Kim Tae Hyun as Choi Chong Shik
    Kim Hak Jin as Tae Woong's friend
    Ko Doo Shim as Park Yeong Ok (Tae Woong's mother)
    Chun Ho Jin as Bo Ra's father
    Lee Sun Ho (not Andy from Shinhwa) as Kim Jeong Kyu
    Go Ju Yun as young Kim Bo Ra
    Ahn Gyu Ryun

Infos collected from http://wiki.d-addicts.com/index.php?...xt&oldid=43986

This drama is getting very interesting . Love Hyun Bin and Sung Yu Ri is being an evil rich **** in here, but still love her .
    - currently watching: Fashion King, Rooftop Prince, Love Rain, and Equator Man-
    - recent favorite drama: The Princess's Man
    -

how is hyun bin here? he is such a promising actor...hes good n got the charm;D

ahh i'm watching this drama right now!! it's pretty good so far! HYUN BIN is soo HOT!! and his acting is getting soo much BETTER! I love it!

Default Review : Snow Queen(Winter Sonata spin-off)

Title : Snow Queen
    Casting :
    Han Dukgu - Hyun Bin
    Kim Bora - Sung Yuri
    Synopse : A mathematical genius who dropped out of highschool after the accidental death of his best friend, meets his first love, the little sister of his best friend, again 8 years later.

Impression : While not explicitly billed as a Winter Sonata spin-off, it is one as it is produced by Yun Suk Ho, written by same writers, and heavily burrows from the Winter Sonata plotline.

Han Dukgu is a highschool mathematical genius with a promising future. Kim Bora is a young wealthy girl with a life-long illness. She runs away from the hospital to avoid constant treatment and meets Han Dukgu on the street. They only meet twice as Han Dukgu's best friend(Bora's brother) died in an accident and Han Duksu failed to show up for their third date. So Han Dukgu and Kim Bora never see each other again for 8 years, not even knowing each other's name.

8 years has passed since. Han Dukgu is still haunted by the death of his best friend whose death he blamed himself for, and has run away from school and home to live as a boxer. Kim Bora is now a spoiled wealthy college girl with a bad personality who has a habit of making everyone's life miserable(Arrogrant wealthy girl and poor man couple is now the in-trend in Korean drama nowadays). Han Dukgu and Kim Bora meet again in hospital as Kim Bora is about to commit suicide, not realizing each other. Han Dukgu saves Kim Bora's life again in her second suicide attempt, and for this Han Dukgu befriends his best friend's family again.

During the course of the story they finally realize each other as the first love they never forgot, but their love is blocked by the death of Kim Bora's brother. When they finally overcome the past after many episodes, it is revealed that Kim Bora's illness is now terminal and has few days to live.

This drama has been criticized for poor acting of Sung Yuri, whose acting the critics complain never improves. But I beg to differ, as the critics are actually not liking Sung Yuri's evil arrogant character, not Sung Yuri's convincing acting. In the past, viewers would have laughed off Sung Yuri's evil character acting.

Overall plotline is similar to Winter Sonata, all the plot elements are there. So how do I like this spin-off? I actually like it.

The most hilarious part of this drama is the childhood scene. Hyun Bin plays 16-year old Han Gukgu himself, but the character of 13-year old Kim Bora is played by a child actress still in elementary school. So we have Hyun Bin in romantic scenes with a 6th grader. Now that's really funny.

Quote Originally Posted by JonDoe
    The most hilarious part of this drama is the childhood scene. Hyun Bin plays 16-year old Han Gukgu himself, but the character of 13-year old Kim Bora is played by a child actress still in elementary school. So we have Hyun Bin in romantic scenes with a 6th grader. Now that's really funny.

Is this the movie you mentioned? I changed my mind, am not going to watch another terminally ill main character. Is Hyun Bin the sour faced hero in MNIKSS? Another unfavourite series for me. Ahhh!!! and I thought I could see someone as handsome as BYJ or Lee Dong Wook...

Is this the movie you mentioned?
    No, the movie as in you watch in the theater. "Winter Sonata Another Story" is set three years after the ending of series.

Quote Originally Posted by JonDoe
    Title : Snow Queen
    Casting :
    Han Dukgu - Hyun Bin
    Kim Bora - Sung Yuri
    Synopse : A mathematical genius who dropped out of highschool after the accidental death of his best friend, meets his first love, the little sister of his best friend, again 8 years later.

Impression : While not explicitly billed as a Winter Sonata spin-off, it is one as it is produced by Yun Suk Ho, written by same writers, and heavily burrows from the Winter Sonata plotline.

Han Dukgu is a highschool mathematical genius with a promising future. Kim Bora is a young wealthy girl with a life-long illness. She runs away from the hospital to avoid constant treatment and meets Han Dukgu on the street. They only meet twice as Han Dukgu's best friend(Bora's brother) died in an accident and Han Duksu failed to show up for their third date. So Han Dukgu and Kim Bora never see each other again for 8 years, not even knowing each other's name.

8 years has passed since. Han Dukgu is still haunted by the death of his best friend whose death he blamed himself for, and has run away from school and home to live as a boxer. Kim Bora is now a spoiled wealthy college girl with a bad personality who has a habit of making everyone's life miserable(Arrogrant wealthy girl and poor man couple is now the in-trend in Korean drama nowadays). Han Dukgu and Kim Bora meet again in hospital as Kim Bora is about to commit suicide, not realizing each other. Han Dukgu saves Kim Bora's life again in her second suicide attempt, and for this Han Dukgu befriends his best friend's family again.

During the course of the story they finally realize each other as the first love they never forgot, but their love is blocked by the death of Kim Bora's brother. When they finally overcome the past after many episodes, it is revealed that Kim Bora's illness is now terminal and has few days to live.

This drama has been criticized for poor acting of Sung Yuri, whose acting the critics complain never improves. But I beg to differ, as the critics are actually not liking Sung Yuri's evil arrogant character, not Sung Yuri's convincing acting. In the past, viewers would have laughed off Sung Yuri's evil character acting.

Overall plotline is similar to Winter Sonata, all the plot elements are there. So how do I like this spin-off? I actually like it.

If you have a choice to watch only one series, either Fantasy Couples or Snow Queen, which one will you choose?
    ****Love, Live, and watch Asian Series****

Quote Originally Posted by CanDEE
    If you have a choice to watch only one series, either Fantasy Couples or Snow Queen, which one will you choose?

I will choose Fantasy Couples, hee...anyway I have finished this drama.
    (No wonder they got the MBC Best Couples Awards)!

I will watch Snow Queen soon, currently stop at ep 2!

The Fantasy Couple, of course.

YAY!! A series with Hyun Bin. Finally, I haven't seen him ever since his last movie A Millionaire's First Love. Miss his handsome face.

Snow Queen, event it's sad but Sung Yu Ri and Huyn Bin are awesome in it. You will feel sad and happy in sametime when you see them together. I watched both of them, but don't like Fantasy couples, just a copy of Overboard even I like Oh Ji Ho, my point is if you think you like drama, this is the one ,just my opinion

Thumbs up

Finished watching it. Pretty good. Had its sad moments no doubt. It has its similarities to MISA(hence it was by the same director). I recommend it. Not for the weak simple minded folks.

This isnt as good as MISA. Huyn Bin is okay but Ji Sup was really good in MISA. Sung Yu Ri improve immensely from her previous series. First part of the series was good then it dragged a little bit towards the end.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

The Snow Queen, this is the best drama ever, well for me its the best, better than all those dramas with weather season or stairs in its title, however its too tragic. This will be my re-watch drama every year from now on every february....

I know its full of kdrama cliche, but there are just too many golden moment which I love veeeeryyyyy much....

I'm very sad to know that this drama will finish in 16 eps, I'm just hoping that I have memory wipe so that I can relieve this drama again and again....

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

I'm so extremely despise and hate the writer/director of this drama, whats wrong with a happy ending once in a while, I hope the DVD will have an alternate ending, otherwise I'll not buy it waaaa waaaaaaaaaaa I'm sooooo saaaaad!!!!!

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Its strange why no one watch this show, aaaahhh, its the second day I finish this kdrama, but its still linger in my mind, the felling of lost and sorrow, the tragic

.... how much pain can a father endure a total lost of his children
    .... how much pain can someone endure, a lost of a chilhood friend and a lost of a childhood sweetheart

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight_zero36
    The drama quickly gathered attention due to the participation of writers Kim Eun Hee and Yoon Eun Gyeong who were part of the team of 'Winter Sonata' as well as the producer and director Lee Hyeong Min of 'I'm Sorry, I Love You.'

This paragraph alone tells us that Snow Queen will be a very sad story. I'll need to buy a few boxes of tissue before starting this drama.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Walin
    This paragraph alone tells us that Snow Queen will be a very sad story. I'll need to buy a few boxes of tissue before starting this drama.
    10 boxes should be enough, this is from an expert!!!

Loved this drama! I don't think it's getting as much attention as it deserves. Here's sharing some pics from SQ

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n35/kaciiu/snow%20queen/10.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n35/kaciiu/snow%20queen/09.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://images.asianfanatics.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10167/hyunbin~2.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://images.asianfanatics.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10167/hyunbin2~1.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://images.asianfanatics.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10167/hyunbin1~1.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://images.asianfanatics.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10114/02_2.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://images.asianfanatics.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10114/normal_img_wall_01_1024.jpg')

photo credit to asianfanatics, soompi