Thread: Buddha Jih II《济公活佛》(Lam Kwok Hung, Eric Wan)

Default Buddha Jih II《济公活佛》(Lam Kwok Hung, Eric Wan)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img342.imageshack.us/img342/5233/350493nh3.jpg')

This is an oldie from ATV/RTV based on the story of Ji Gong. It's around twenty years old. I want to watch it again but I don't know where to purchase the VCD's. Have been searching everywhere but never found it. The series were up for sale on yesasia.com but unfortunately for me, it was taken down a year ago. I recently found the opening theme on a Chinese website. Click on it if you're in the mood for nostalgia or just want to know how a young and bald headed Eric Wan looks like. This is a sequel to the original series.

http://www.cool8.tv/podcast/index.do...=1&Conid=11927

Who or what is the story of Ji Gong?

There was a series during the mid 80's based on a character known as the "Crazy Ji". When he was born, a buddhist monk came up to his father to reveal that his son is the reincarnation of an arhat (Xianglong Luohan) and prophetized that his son will grow up to be a monk as well. And when the boy grew he did and one day as he was mediating inside his room within the temple he became "enlightened" and turned insane. Which leads to the hilarious scene where he flashed his master and peers by undressing his robe and told them he now understands. But one day the temple had to be evacuated so the monks who studied there decided to loot everything except one person, Crazy Ji. At first he was hesitant to take anything but he took a look around at all that was left and instantly fell in love with the accessories that will aid throughout all of his adventures. A rusty fan, a worn hat, and a dirty robe. From then on, he travel throughout the continent helping the poor, curing the sick, and teaching people valuable lessons.

Trivia facts:

He has magical powers. The dirt on his body has healing properties.
    In he first series, his arch nemesis is a middle age guy with hair white and dons white clothing with powers similar to his. His arch nemesis also has two loyal servants who serves him. One looks yellow and likes to attack from the air and one looks red with a beard and tends to attack from beneath the ground.
    His arch nemesis also recruits a new servant which he brainwashed. She happens to be the fiance of the Ji Gong's cousin (Yerk Choi) called Ning Lam.
    He goes by a couple of names: Ji Dean, Ji Gong, Daoji, and Li Xiuyuan.
    He is the only true disciple of Buddha who can eat meat and consume alcohol.
    He eventually accepts his own disciple who is bald and wields a staff.
    He once said, "Making mistakes is not important; what matters is that you change."
    There was a sequel about him capturing ghosts.

If anybody can provide more information on this series that be great.

Is Eric Wan the one who play the monk or another guy? I didnt see this series, but my parents watched when I was so little. I'm going to rent this series soon since they said it's very good. As for now, I'm wondering if there's a site/link to watch it.

Anyway, I found a link for this series, but I'm confused if there were two parts or just 1 for this series.
    http://hd.tudou.com/program/2761/
    Last edited by UnforgottenEricaChoi; 10-10-08 at 06:10 PM.
    Actors that I like: Felix Wong, Louis Koo, Aaron Kwok Chow Cher Meng, Jimmy Lin , Hawick Lau

All time favorite actresses: Noel Leung Siu Bing, Erica Choi,Fiona Leung, &Florence Tan

There are two parts to the series. The first part explains the origin of Ji Gong and his encounters with the lotus demon. The second part is what your link directs to. Eric Wan plays the monk here and only appears in part 2.

Thanks alot for posting your link. Unfortunately for me the sound is dubbed in mandarin. But hey, better than nothing.

No,tThank you, Radken, for clarifying everything.
    Actors that I like: Felix Wong, Louis Koo, Aaron Kwok Chow Cher Meng, Jimmy Lin , Hawick Lau

All time favorite actresses: Noel Leung Siu Bing, Erica Choi,Fiona Leung, &Florence Tan