Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Xiao Ao Jiang Hu 2001 review

yeah
    this waz the 1st CCTV adaption of a jin yong i watched
    the sceneries and costumes were definately better than TVBs
    many of the mainland productions of jin yong novels r really good eg. HSDS03, LOCH03
    Last edited by СÁúÅ®; 09-02-03 at 02:50 AM.

I'm currently watching XAJH for the second time, and I must say that I'm enjoying it more this time around. Maybe it's 'cause I know how it turns out and it's fun to try and catch the subtle hints that Yue Buqun was full of treachery and hypocrisy, among other details. Everyone is well cast except for the guy who plays Dong Fang Bu Bai's lover Yang something. It's not that he's a bad actor perse, but just that he didn't fit the part for me. The fighting scenes are very well choreographed and overall, I'd give the series a 4 1/2 stars out of five.

I wonder why it's translated as Smiling Proud Wanderer instead of Smiling Proud River Lake. The first one sounds better, though.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

wasn't it call Blood Hot Proud Cold or something
    anywayz, i don't get why every version has the same chinese name but different english name
    Ê®ÄêÉúËÀÁ½Ã£Ã££¬²»Ë¼Á¿£¬×ÔÄÑÍü
    ǧÀï¹Â·Ø£¬ÎÞ´¦»°ÆàÁ¹¡£
    ×ÝʹÏà·êÓ¦²»Ê¶£¬³¾ÂúÃ棬÷ÞÈç˪±é£¬
    Ò¹À´ÓÄÃκö»¹Ïç¡£
    СÐù´°£¬ÕýÊá×±£¬Ïà¶ÔÎÞÑÔ£¬Î©ÓÐÀáǧÐУ¡
    ÁÏÏëÄêÄ곦¶Ï´¦£¬Ã÷ÔÂÒ¹£¬¶ÌËɸڡ£

Originally posted by СÁúÅ®
    wasn't it call Blood Hot Proud Cold or something
    That names makes even less sense.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Yeah...very confusing!! It has some different name. Like :

Xiao Ao Jiang Hu (chinese)
    State of Divinity
    Smiling Proud Wanderer
    Blood Cold Proud Hot

Oh...so, what is the best english name????
    RDAK

Visit my simple site :
    CCTV's Legend of The Condor Heroes 2003

Well in Vietnamese they always translate it the same
    "Tieu Ngao Giang Ho" parallels with the Chinese title---I like State of Divinity (sounds better) or Smiling Proud Wanderer. So you all recommend this series---i went to rent this but they gave me Richie Ren version and the worst thing is im at tape 31 and they say thats the ending. Huh? I only got to the part where Ying Ying's father tells LHC to go claim the title of the 5 sword sects to save everyone.

oh and love the review thats why i went to rent it but got wrong version.
    -Hkopinions

"Happy posting."

Originally posted by hkopinions
    went to rent this but they gave me Richie Ren version and the worst thing is im at tape 31 and they say thats the ending. Huh? I only got to the part where Ying Ying's father tells LHC to go claim the title of the 5 sword sects to save everyone.

oh and love the review thats why i went to rent it but got wrong version.
    Richie Ren.....shudder....I'm sorry you have to watch it...
    yeh, in Viet they call it "Tieu Ngao Giang Ho'. The piece of music is called that too.
    I don't know HOW they got to 'Blood Cold Proud Hot'!? i mean...geez!
    All that's needed to say have been said, why say anything more? The man is drunk, why stay any longer?....
    Quote Originally Posted by Question
    if CarMAN Lee hair is green, then am sure carMAN #$%@ a dog to give birth to you.

any pros / cons for the review?

back w/ a vengeance ^_^

Default Re: My Xiao Ao Jiang Hu 2001 review

Just a couple of minor things...

Originally posted by TristeCoeur
    Just a side comment: I bought this series from ChinaMall.com after visiting Trinie's or Lingz13's XAJH 2001 site and SPCNET (that's how I found this place).
    I think you meant Chinesemall.com, not Chinamall.

Originally posted by TristeCoeur
    Ren Wo Xing 2/5: father of Ren Yingying and ex-leader of the Evil Sect. I recognised him immediately – he played Cao Cao in the classic Romance of the Three Kingdom.
    Are you sure? Bao Guo An played Cao Cao in RTK, and I don't think he's the same actor who portrayed Ren Wo Xing. Double check the closing credits.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 12-19-03 at 03:00 AM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

hi, floo...

i think we have all the pros we need here....what more do u expect? keke....

cons? u mean opinions from people who dislike the series? from what I heard, those who dont like XAJH01, are dissapointed with the unfaithful story. however, for me....after seeing taiwanese sod.....XAJH faithfulness to the book is actually more than wat I expected!!^-^
    only thing that Xu Qing is a high-class actress in China....she needs more airtime, thats why order of events is change. if u really pay attention.....those changes are specially made for Xu Qing as RYY, i think...made RYY character could appear more....

if XAJH follow the book closely....that is....after LHC replaced Ren Woxing's place in the underground dungeon ---> escape ---> disguise as a general ----> save Hengshan people ---> save RYY in Shaolin after that.....reeeeeaaallly minor RYY scenes we can see x)

But, by making it....escaping from the dungeon ---> saving RYY in Shaolin ---> disguise as a general...we can see more RYY and also that funny, funny scene in the inn between RYY and general-LHC^^

oh, just wondering.....have you watch XAJH01?
    Last edited by yanie02; 12-23-03 at 11:03 AM.

Originally posted by yanie02
    hi, floo...just wondering.....have u watch XAJH01?^^

i think we have all the pros we need here....what more do u expect? keke....
    I think she was referring to criticisms or compliments that you may have for this review written by TristeCoeur, not pros and cons of the series itself.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

i did think dat the dude dat acted as RWX did really badly. Half of the time, he's laughing histerically. really stupid. Other charcters were alsome. I though Wei Zi did really good as YBQ. Couldn've fooled anyone.
    LYP was alittle too serious.
    How I feel about you doesn't matter. It's you who has to live with yourself.

Hey TristeCoeur, I got a stupider title for this series!

How about Wind and Cloud 2?!!

Smile Hi everyone

I have watched almost every movie/drama serial adaptation of XAJH(even the Shaw Bros one in which old actor Wang Yu which u all probably dunno starred as LHC)except for the one in which Chow Yan Fatt starred in(didn't look very appelaing to me)as this is my favourite JY story.And I have to say TVB's XAHJ 1996 and CCTV's 2001 versions are the most faithful to the manuscript and nice at the same time.In CCTV's XAHJ,I almost cried when I watched the part of Yue Lingshan dying in Linghu Chong's arms and Linghu Chong crying so sorrowfully when she died...then fainted.I still think Linghu Chong and Yue Lingshan should be together.Ning Zhongze was right,Huashan should never have gone to Fu Wei Biaoju or took Lin Pingzhi in.Some people commented that Yue Lingshan is to be commended because she stayed faithful to Lin Pingzhi to the very end.But I think she's a *****!I feel that even if she wanted to go back to Linghu Chong,she felt too ashamed to.Can't believe it.To think they grew up together and it wasn't even one year or so and her heart inclined towards another person.She has every qualities I would look for in a girl except what she did to Linghu Chong.By the way,do oyu think Dugu Qiubai could have defeated Dongfang Bubai if he were still alive then?Keke...
    And it is not in every hero's heart to be the one true hero amongst heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Feng Qingyang
    By the way,do oyu think Dugu Qiubai could have defeated Dongfang Bubai if he were still alive then?Keke...
    Impossible to answer as we have no real gauge of DGQB's skills. What's probably true is that you could have thrown Feng Qingyang in with the group attacking Dongfang Bubai and they might still not be able to win without attacking Yang Lianting. You could have added Fang Zheng, Chong Xu and Zuo Lengchan and you'd probably still delay the inevitable. Dongfang Bubai looked that awesome.... and I think the serial downplayed his awesomeness...

Default Icy Cold Palm

The Icy Cold Palm skill was devised by Zuo Lengchan right?And there's something I noticed.Yue Buqun could not overpower Zuo Lengchan even with the Bixie Jianfa and had to resort to attacking him using needles.What a sneaky villain.And in the 1996 SOD,Ren Yingying mentioned that if Zuo Lengchan was not an expert in swordplay,his arm would have been sliced off/disarmed smt like that by Yue Buqun's bixie jianfa.Or is it just because Yue Buqun wanted to eliminate Zuo Lengchan's any chance of vying with him for the post of Chief of Wuyue Pai,so he blinded him?
    And it is not in every hero's heart to be the one true hero amongst heroes.

great series so far still watching it ... I'm going to upload the episodes for ppl to dl.. hopefully

Quote Originally Posted by Ratih Dwi Astuti K
    Yeah...very confusing!! It has some different name. Like :

Xiao Ao Jiang Hu (chinese)
    State of Divinity
    Smiling Proud Wanderer
    Blood Cold Proud Hot

Oh...so, what is the best english name????
    laughing in the wind.

it's got english subtitles now and comes in 4 10 episodes disks from Media Knight. i've gotten the first 30 episodes and am waiting for the last ten. i'm only to episodes 8 but my husband has already watched everything. kinda ruins it for me cause then i catch glimpses and stuff but i agreed and this series is good (from what i have seen so far) and will watch the whole thing.
    ---------
    Shellie

Wow, I haven't seen this thread by my twin brother for a while! Why would someone bump a 2.5 year old thread up? Hi Triste, how's it going, mate? Are you still around?
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

This is my first time watching this version of XAJH after reading all the positive reviews on it. I haven't read the book so the storyline was fine with me. The only one that I've watched was the one with Chow Yun Fut and I didn't like that one. Compare CYF to LYP, LYP is the better LHC. This version is by far the best of the two that I've seen since I don't know how many other remakes there are for this.
    The only complaint that I have about this version is that I didn't really like the ending. I mean why didn't he fight his master aftering finding out all the atrocities that he's done. that's enough reason to put a stop to his master, instead he just stood there. I think that if RWX didn't always laugh like a maniac and overestimate himself, he might have won the fight. He spends too much time laughing like a madman.
    What I don't understand is why did RYY stay in the Shaolin Temple when the masters didn't cure LHC or rather, he didn't want them to cure him. Wasn't the deal is that if they cure him, she stays? I thought that it didn't matter whether LHC wanted it or not, she shouldn't have stayed since he wasn't cured, but then LHC rescued her later and it's all the more romantic.