Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Xiao Ao Jiang Hu 2001 review

She'd stayed because the monks "forgot" to tell her that LHC refused their treatment and left. That's why she was mad with their deliberate attempt to keep her in the temple when they did not keep their promise to heal LHC. She left the temple to look for him where she met her father finally.
    The baddies spread the news that RYY was still in the temple to cause bad blood. That's why the hill clan together with LHC went to the temple to save RYY.

Quote Originally Posted by haibinglover
    This is my first time watching this version of XAJH after reading all the positive reviews on it. I haven't read the book so the storyline was fine with me. The only one that I've watched was the one with Chow Yun Fut and I didn't like that one. Compare CYF to LYP, LYP is the better LHC. This version is by far the best of the two that I've seen since I don't know how many other remakes there are for this.
    The only complaint that I have about this version is that I didn't really like the ending. I mean why didn't he fight his master aftering finding out all the atrocities that he's done. that's enough reason to put a stop to his master, instead he just stood there. I think that if RWX didn't always laugh like a maniac and overestimate himself, he might have won the fight. He spends too much time laughing like a madman.
    What I don't understand is why did RYY stay in the Shaolin Temple when the masters didn't cure LHC or rather, he didn't want them to cure him. Wasn't the deal is that if they cure him, she stays? I thought that it didn't matter whether LHC wanted it or not, she shouldn't have stayed since he wasn't cured, but then LHC rescued her later and it's all the more romantic.

I didn't know that Taiwan made a 2001 version of this starring Richie Ren. The pictures that I saw weren't very good and Richie is not LHC. Any comment on this version? It looks to be another joke like Richie's ROCH

This is one of the few series that pack major *** kickery.

A must watch for every JY fans!!

The plot is awesome.

The swordfight is awesome.

Everything is awesome. No cheap@ss CGI or extra slow motion on the cams to save cost.

The only way to emerge yourself in this orgasmic inducing *** kicking wuxia is to go get it and watch it!

I think State of Divinity refers to the fact that the characters (hero and heroine) finally realise that the martial arts world is a world where hypocrisy reigns supreme and nothing is like it seems but they have risen above that state and can laugh at the silliness of it all and the people still constantly caught up in it.

I think State of Divinity is a good name.

omo...i just want to wait the swordsman 2013 and watch this adaptation....soo good...the acting of the actors/actresses is good, the scenery, the set, and the plot are great....don't believe that this one is 2001 series...I am agree with people who said that this adaptation is just legend...yeah..although i am watching it in 2013..it is still cool and not feel too old fashioned..love Ren Ying Ying..hope Yuan Shan Shan could pull this character well...

Quote Originally Posted by renren View Post
    omo...i just want to wait the swordsman 2013 and watch this adaptation....soo good...the acting of the actors/actresses is good, the scenery, the set, and the plot are great....don't believe that this one is 2001 series...I am agree with people who said that this adaptation is just legend...yeah..although i am watching it in 2013..it is still cool and not feel too old fashioned..love Ren Ying Ying..hope Yuan Shan Shan could pull this character well...

Before 2003 most of Zhang Jizhong series didn't have much CGI effect especially for the scenery. This version look more authentic in scenery.
    I can't believe the 2013 version, so much CGI scenery so fake.

Like how he explained at USC.

CGI if done right can be okay to watch but it horrible in the 2013 series. complete ruined of great novel by jin yong.

Thread starter, as for your review goes, I think number two stand out the most as the scenery of this version is looking authentic as it can get.

Wow, poor translator! Zhang Jizhong gave him almost no translation pauses. He did a very good job, given that he could take no notes.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!