Thread: Empress Wu Zetian of China

Default Empress Wu Zetian of China

Anyone watched this? Saw it in stores today. Generally Siqin Gaowa dramas are high standard but just wanted another check here.

Empress Wu Zetian of China

http://www.gzbeauty.com/english/prod...l.asp?id=16324

This must be new or something, I haven't seen this version of Wu ZeTian before.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Yep, it's new. Siqin Gaowa plays Wu Zetian, Zhang Tielin plays Li Zhi, and Liu Wei plays Li Shimin. Here's the sina site for this serial: http://ent.sina.com.cn/v/m/f/wuzbg/index.html

I'm not really interested in watching it at this time, as I've seen too many renditions of the story already. If it's somehow refreshing, perhaps I'll give it a shot.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

WTF Siqin Gaowa ?
    Immediately goes into my 'Do not watch' list. Shes hell fat and ugly!
    Well WZT probably is ugly although not to that Emperor she married and the Emperor's son. At least they should have someone decent act her.

Siqin Gaowa?

Then i think it will be my No. 1 going to watch list.
    She's the most respectable actress i ever known. She's got some aura that makes people shiver and also love her at the same time. Superb actress.....

She may be old and plump but her age makes people respect her and her plumpness makes her strong. She's the most ideal Wu Ze Tian in her old age.

This is definetely going to be a big production and a series close to history and not those pretty girl and pretty boy type of love story. I sure cant wait.....

btw, ancient beauties are all fat. Thin girls are never look upon as pretty. People like Yang Gui Fei and Cixi are well known for their plumpness.
    "Of all the music that reached farthest into the earth, It is the beating of the loving heart"

Does this clip come from the same series talked about here:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=ogO728VNl28

Or did they decide to make another on her life?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

It looks interesting.. she kind of resembles this other actress who played wu ze tian along time ago.

I saw eva huang, who doe she play?
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    It looks interesting.. she kind of resembles this other actress who played wu ze tian along time ago.

I saw eva huang, who doe she play?
    The clip SS posted is from a completely different series called Ri Yue Ling Kong (日月凌空). Liu Xiao Qing not only resembles "another actress" who played Wu Zetian a long time ago, she actually is the one who played Wu Zetian in the 1995 series "Wu Zetian." This is her second stint.

According to this article, Eva plays Xie Yao Huan, a righteous and fearless female disguised as a male.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Do not buy this series! It is very boring. The young actress who played the young Wu Zetian is not the same one that played the older wu zetian. In fact, the young one is not even pretty. Plus, this series really drag....... It even changes some of the plot/storyline! How absurd, right? If you want a good wu zetian, i recommend the 96' China version with Liu Hsiao Tong (sp?). All the actresses in it are beautiful....plus, the storyline is pretty accurate, and Liu's acting as both the young and old wu zetian was exceedingly outstanding (and...on top of that, Liu is a feast for the eyes!...so beautiful was she back then). But if you want a faster pace version of wu zetian, I recommend Pan Yan Tze's version "Yi Dai Nui Huang" and the sequel "Yi Dai Gong Zhu - Tai Ping Gong Zhu". The Petrina Fong's Hong Kong version is okay too, although the picture is certainly very outdated.

Or....just wait for Fan Bing Bing's version, which was rumored to have started pre-production in October/December 2007. It will be Fan Bing Bing's first project since launching her own production company.

Quote Originally Posted by NarutoSakura View Post
    It will be Fan Bing Bing's first project since launching her own production company.
    I thought the first one was Rouge Snow?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge View Post
    I thought the first one was Rouge Snow?
    范冰冰要演少女武则天
      自从与老东家华谊约满后,范冰冰选择了自组公司单干。该位负责人表示,今年范冰冰有更大的动作。“有一 部香港电影今年3月就会开机,还有两部电影正在谈,都是七八千万的大制作。”而范冰冰工作室08年最大动作 则是独立拍摄一部40集的大型电视连续剧《少女武则天》。“还在完善剧本,冰冰来演武则天,其他的演员暂时 还没敲定。”被问及到时是否又会拿来与[COLOR=#000099]刘晓庆([/COLOR][COLOR=#000099]blog[/COLOR])的“武则天”一较高下时,这位负责人称被拿来对比也是情理之中的事,“我们是从年幼的‘武则天’拍到封后这 一段,当皇帝的那部分不涉及”。
    source: http://ent.sina.com.cn/m/m/2008-01-17/10091880261.shtml

Fan Bing Bing wants to act as the Young Empress Wu ZeTian. This year, she has one Hong Kong movie project that will take her 3 months to complete and she's in talk about 2 other movie projects.....but Fan Bing Bing Production Company big project for the year 2008 is to produce a 40 episodes tv series of "The Young Empress Wu ZeTian". "Currently the script is still being worked on, Fan Bing Bing will play Wu Ze Tian but decisions about the other actors/actresses have not been made yet".....