Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Square Pegs 《戇夫成龍》

Default Square Pegs 2!

Quote Originally Posted by azn704
    I was very disappointed with the ending. I liked the series the whole way thru, but the ending was very dumb. Sad... what a way to end such a good series.

As for Square Pegs 2, it will be a Modern series. They'll be doing something similar to Virtues of Harmony 2. Same cast, different storyline and time period. They plan to cast Roger and Jessica, but since Winnie is pregnant, she may not be joining the cast.
    The only confirmed cast right now is: Roger Kwok, Jessica Hsuen and Bosco Wong (who is going to act as Roger's brother!) They will start filming in April, cause thats when Leila Tong will be back from filming for her new serie in mainland! But since she hasnt started fimling for her new serie yet! Im not sure if she is has the time to film for Square Pegs 2! But IF she's gonna make it! Well, then theres still a chance for Bosco and Leila to pair up together! .. Really hope so, cause they were like so so adorable in Aqua heroes

Oooh, I loved this series, at least in the beginning. I mean, it got so addictive to me, but I was truly disappointed with the ending. I can't believe it would end like that at all. usually with triangles I'd rather have one chosen and not the other, but ugh. It still doesn't spoil the series though, Roger was so funny!
    I'm watching: War & Destiny, Yummy Yummy

Want to watch: The Conquest, ASITP & EH (again)

Recently watched: LOCH'82, Strike at Heart, Central Affairs, The Academy

i bet everybody was disappointed w/ the dumb ending *sigh*

Senior Member KennyLeeJianSiong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    i bet everybody was disappointed w/ the dumb ending *sigh*
    VERY DISAPPOINTED INDEED!!!
    Sam and Zoe are FOREVER and EVER!
    Please visit :Codename : Dreams|| Get TVB Theme songs here & here

Quote Originally Posted by KennyLeeJianSiong
    VERY DISAPPOINTED INDEED!!!
    I'm with all of you on the ending.
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

Does anyone know where I can find the theme songs of Square Pegs?

cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Wow, that's Hacken Lee? Didn't notice! Thanks. I finally finished watching this series last night. Man, the ending was a bit funny. Why Japan? Wouldn't she be a traitor for going to Japan?

I'm wondering about the second series? Is it the exact same thing only in modern era?
    Last edited by Sakuya; 12-22-05 at 02:50 AM.

you mean the themesong? yeah it's sung by hacken lee nice voice isn't?
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Well it has the Square Pegs basic plot but its a completley different story though...same characters and Roger Kwok as the ever fantastic ah Wong!

The themesong is sung by both Hacken Lee and Emme Wong...
    Currently Watching:
    Good against Evil

Current Favs
    Fav Actor: Roger Kwok
    Fav Actress: Tavia Yeung

Default Square Pegs

I searched through and couldn't find a previous thread.. I'm guessing it's too old? What year was it made anyways?

So I'm rewatching this over Xmas break, but thinking about stopping before the ending. Does anyone else find the ending to be the most ridiculous thing ever?! Because I sure did.

Default ><

Just want to give a shout:

I LOVE SQUARE PEGS!!!

Jessica and Roger looks so cute together (oops..i really should watch what i say, Roger's married to Cindy now...super awesome couple in my opinion too) I really like Square pegs...i feel that Life made simple pales in comparision to square pegs though. True, they added newer interesting characters, but still...maybe i was expecting too much from it..with it being the sequel and all..(anyway, i like to think that the characters in LMS are the reincarnations of the ones in SP...^^)

The ending was super sucky..but if you are observant, you will notice that they hint of Jessica and Roger being together (or loving each other more...thus being the more likely couple in comparison to Roger and Winnie)..Firstly, in the ending, when Roger was talking about how his 2 girl friends were doing overseas, is narration on Jessica's bit included: 'and as usual, i'm happy as long as my wife dearest is happy', but Winnie's bit only had: 'she can be my english teacher' or something like that...Secondly, when they run to each other in the open field (oh..the pain...) they hold hands and three blown up pictures of each of them are displayed. If you note, Jessica's face is right next to Roger's, and Winnie's face is below Jessica's...someone said to me: 'You can take that to mean that Jessica will be the first wife..^^ (also, when the scene pauses to play the credits, Roger is looking at Jessica...such subtle hints are intentional..or maybe i am just desperate)

In conclusion, i gather that Winnie's character will leave or die or something (no offence, i like Winnie and the three of them are good friends in real life..that's why i stress 'Winnie's character' ), and Roger and Jess comfort each other and will stay together forever more..Count this ending as the last episode that TVB never showed for fear of angering those who emphathise with Winnie's situation or who have been in her shoes before. And there you go, A Happy Ending! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Qreek View Post
    The only confirmed cast right now is: Roger Kwok, Jessica Hsuen and Bosco Wong (who is going to act as Roger's brother!) They will start filming in April, cause thats when Leila Tong will be back from filming for her new serie in mainland! But since she hasnt started fimling for her new serie yet! Im not sure if she is has the time to film for Square Pegs 2! But IF she's gonna make it! Well, then theres still a chance for Bosco and Leila to pair up together! .. Really hope so, cause they were like so so adorable in Aqua heroes
    wait roger didn't have a brother in this series, unless..... you mean the brother-in-law;;; because then he'd end up with leila. omg leila is kinda annoying in this series, i <33 her in TOB but here she's ehhhhhh. like usually i just hate jessica hsuan's characters, but this time it's opposite. leila totally betrayed her sister for the guy who didn't want her & then she got mad at her sister because her hubby got drunk and hit on jessica. blehhhh.

the only bad thing about this series is it seems to drag on, when winnie continually searches for her husband. ughhh.
    i only enjoyed roger in this series. he was very good as a crazy guy. i remember him back in the day in Mystery Of Twin Swords with Dicky - dicky stole the spotlight with humor, but lately roger has been pretty good with comedy.
    Always in search of great historical/costume dramas.
    Find me on MyDramaList ^_^